nice job i cant wait tell i start on my chest on tuesday

i should be able to crank it out really quick then i will post it

I hope you get that unrealed to work

Then 343 what have you made so fare

Spartan 051 said:
how hard is it to build over all?

i have tried since i dont have room card stock at college

Update:

I have found a ways to pull the models legally so just give me a little time and it will be done
Legally eh..... COG HELM FTW!!! If you can that would be sweet. great work. chest construction has started. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
hey the models are awesome, but could could you possibly make a file for the helmet? some of us don't any similar looking face as Marcus Fenix.

im working on it right now i just have to convert the file (i can only use .3ds so getting a .obj to work is going to be kind of hard) i have the armor for kim and carmine. The helm and lancer is coming

Spartan 051 said:
how hard is it to build over all?

i have tried since i dont have room card stock at college

Update:

I have found a ways to pull the models legally so just give me a little time and it will be done

Great job on the models!

PSberetta said:
I have all of the chest and back complete that I am going to use.
I'm not going to build the inner collar. If you do, you won't be able to get your head in at all.

This thing is HUGE once you get it together.
*jaw hits floor and stares in amazement*...that's freakin tight! did you just print that as is without rescaling it? if so then dang that thing is huge but still perfect

cant wait to make mine

PSberetta did you put the shoulder pads on the chest yet to see how they look?

Then about the scaling it built for a 6'2" but i found that if you scale it lower like around 5'8 to 5'11 you will get what PSberetta used

i made the belt the other day, just to see the scale model.
if all the scales are the same for all the files then, clicking scale down by 10% twice would work for a mediocre skinny 5'6" person.

for the inner collar, try making it out of cardboard, thin it out abit but still make it look similar to the real deal.

sorry about the double post but does anyone have good render pics of the lower half of the suit? im kinda confused about the belt part and how the COGpiece/crotch protector fits into the belt.

MC PwN 3R said:
sorry about the double post but does anyone have good render pics of the lower half of the suit? im kinda confused about the belt part and how the COGpiece/crotch protector fits into the belt.
hope this helps out some:
war3.jpg

war4.jpg

here's also several view points of a statue toy: http://www.theaveragegamer.com/2007/01/13/...ix-in-da-house/

thanks dude! helps alot, so the sides and the back are just pouches for BOLO grenades and ammo. awesome.
only the shins left and the chestplate, then off to Vancouver for fiberglass and resin and bondo...and possibly a Nerf Longshot while im there too.

the cod piece goes under the belt, covering the crotch area, correct? so if i glue the top of the codpiece to the underside of the buckle of the belt, would that be correct?
here the pic to clarify:
0022.jpg

so the two pieces are glued together, and i intend on fiberglassing the both of them at the same time. the circular thing is obviously the belt and the thing that is supporting it is the cod piece.

There really isn't much complexity to the Gears Of War suit... And the parts for the legs, if you think of it, look to be almost identical... Heck of a lot less work to mold then say... A Master Chief Suit... Heh.

MC PwN 3r: your correct but i would not fiverglass both the pieces together do to the cod piece is able to move back and forth as you roadie run

Scott: the hole suit is very easy but just take a **** load of time to get the chest done

But over all im amazed this suit fits a human i heard all this bs about "cog suit wont fit a human" or "there to big you need to be a football player to wear them". I think PSberetta made the chest and shoulder and i dont think he a foot ball player and it fits him amazing

Some reference pics: i will add more as i get them loaded

Group.jpg

Fenix.jpg

MantleTime.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back