Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to make a lancer on pep, turned out being 523 pages long. Ill try to make it smaller, but dont get your hopes up. Also, if somebody could get me some stats on like the height of the lancer for one, that would help alot. Ill try to get it smaller, but i dont know how much i can do.

FireDrakeArchon said:
Any chance that you'll make the helmet that Carmen wears?

-FireDrakeArchon
Still looking i been looking around how to us UnrealED. I found a ways that might works to pull the in game pc models form gears but the only thing that i dont have gears for pc

stanvo said:
I tried to make a lancer on pep, turned out being 523 pages long. Ill try to make it smaller, but dont get your hopes up. Also, if somebody could get me some stats on like the height of the lancer for one, that would help alot. Ill try to get it smaller, but i dont know how much i can do.
Where did you find the lacer? Because the only one i have seen is on Google 3d Warehouse. And i think i can help you with the size

Last edited by a moderator:
might as well, i dont wanna get something that looks nothing like the real deal. in anycase, i finished the shin like 10 minutes ago and im beat up looking for the damned too small pieces. i got the right shin done.
heres the pics.
~~~
shin.gif

~~~
as you can see, its my messed up MC boots, that i will intend keeping. that is hard work right there, folks. but in anycase, the shin should fit just right over the boot there. and your knee should be more or less above the top of the shin by a couple of inches. the back opening will be covered by baggy pants. the inside, i recommend filling it with expanding foam, sand it smooth and place padding, so that it is a comfortable fit.

one final thing, the soles of the boots should be a half or so inches higher; the shin sinks too low onto the boot.
for the scale, i used the "reduce scale by 10%" option and it fits perfectly. Fenix's calves are huge and these are made to fit him, not us. hence, the filling of the expanding foam.

nice job i scaled the shine to me for the hight if i didnt it would have been like 2 feet or some thing

then do you know if it fits your shine right since the scale and the "binding" at the top?

level221 said:
thanks for the files man i just wanted to know how or what did u uesed to get this armor because iv be all over the internet and found a file that has all the char. but its in upk this is for the unreal ed but dont have it it also has the helmet everyones wants so if u can help thanks
heres the link
http://files.filefront.com/COG+Team+UT3rar...;/fileinfo.html :whistle:

later

if some one knows how to export level mess be happy to send me a pm

MC PwN 3R said:
might as well, i dont wanna get something that looks nothing like the real deal. in anycase, i finished the shin like 10 minutes ago and im beat up looking for the damned too small pieces. i got the right shin done.
heres the pics.
~~~
shin.gif

~~~
as you can see, its my messed up MC boots, that i will intend keeping. that is hard work right there, folks. but in anycase, the shin should fit just right over the boot there. and your knee should be more or less above the top of the shin by a couple of inches. the back opening will be covered by baggy pants. the inside, i recommend filling it with expanding foam, sand it smooth and place padding, so that it is a comfortable fit.

one final thing, the soles of the boots should be a half or so inches higher; the shin sinks too low onto the boot.
for the scale, i used the "reduce scale by 10%" option and it fits perfectly. Fenix's calves are huge and these are made to fit him, not us. hence, the filling of the expanding foam.

i think you knee should be protected behind it not above the armor

Spartan 051 said:
nice job i scaled the shine to me for the hight if i didnt it would have been like 2 feet or some thing

then do you know if it fits your shine right since the scale and the "binding" at the top?
im going to make the shin cover the knee so, then i gotta get new boots with higher heels (not high heels). then puff out the boot a bit so that the shin wouldn't sink down as much. Other than that, scale it down by 10% and it should work. If ur a little uneasy about the 10% scaling down, scale it down another 10%. My shin fits in the shin perfectly, its just a little wide.

link4044 said:
i think you knee should be protected behind it not above the armor
i agree. thats why theres a groove behind the top part of the shin for, the k-nee. you dont wanna pop ur knee when roadie running :lol:

PSberetta said:
Are any of you guys going to make the boots or just kinda "Fake it" ?
I have no clue how to make huge ground pounding boots.
buy the boots and add a couple of inches so that it looks chunky but not ridiculous. i seriously dont know how to model the boots either... :cry:

~~
hey Spartan 051, when are u gonna give me the files for the pouches?

sorry for the double post, but i just finished making the other shin. both are done, and i'm currently printing the chest.
using the same principal for the scaling method for the chestpiece for the halo armor, i applied here.
take your height in inches, divide by 86 times by current scale=your scale.
mine ended up as 43cm high of the 54 cm and im around 5'6", ish and i did NOT measure my height.
just a warning, if you have a slow printer, such as an HP Deskjet 932C, it will take like half an hour to print out all of the pieces.

thats cool i used the same meth. but im 5'5 and i put it as 47.0 cm iv try to down % it but the dame thing was to hard . almost done with it iv been working on it for about 8 hours and still going so if u have time to spair go for it

ps did any one get the helmet yet iv been looking every were an no luck well later ;)

MC PwN 3R said:
im going to make the shin cover the knee so, then i gotta get new boots with higher heels (not high heels). then puff out the boot a bit so that the shin wouldn't sink down as much. Other than that, scale it down by 10% and it should work. If ur a little uneasy about the 10% scaling down, scale it down another 10%. My shin fits in the shin perfectly, its just a little wide.
i agree. thats why theres a groove behind the top part of the shin for, the k-nee. you dont wanna pop ur knee when roadie running :lol:
buy the boots and add a couple of inches so that it looks chunky but not ridiculous. i seriously dont know how to model the boots either... :cry:

~~
hey Spartan 051, when are u gonna give me the files for the pouches?

i didnt know you wanted them. i will work on them soon as possible

Then what should i scale them to?

MC PwN 3R said:
sorry for the double post, but i just finished making the other shin. both are done, and i'm currently printing the chest.
using the same principal for the scaling method for the chestpiece for the halo armor, i applied here.
take your height in inches, divide by 86 times by current scale=your scale.
mine ended up as 43cm high of the 54 cm and im around 5'6", ish and i did NOT measure my height.
just a warning, if you have a slow printer, such as an HP Deskjet 932C, it will take like half an hour to print out all of the pieces.

I would not use that method i need to rescale all my parts to the mc hight so you can use the same scaling method that every one using. If you need me to scale stuff i will work on a graph on a list of parts of scaled hights for each piece

level221 said:
thats cool i used the same meth. but im 5'5 and i put it as 47.0 cm iv try to down % it but the dame thing was to hard . almost done with it iv been working on it for about 8 hours and still going so if u have time to spair go for it

ps did any one get the helmet yet iv been looking every were an no luck well later ;)

I want to see how this looks because the guy that posted before i just gave him the scale hight for the piece and it fit him perfectly. Im just amazed this is so popular i had no idea. Then about the helmet still working and ways to pull it. But lancer will be soon. But i might be building this thing first to try it out (i would do the same for the helm)

for the pouches, make it as the same scale as the belt. then scale that size down by 10% and then another 10%. (theres a difference between two 10%'s and a 20%. It like taxes.) then it would fit perfectly with the belt i made.

MC PwN 3R said:
for the pouches, make it as the same scale as the belt. then scale that size down by 10% and then another 10%. (theres a difference between two 10%'s and a 20%. It like taxes.) then it would fit perfectly with the belt i made.

I can get it done really quick. Then theres a knife on fenix boot that i took off due to open edges do you want me to put that into those files

Spartan 051 said:
I can get it done really quick. Then theres a knife on fenix boot that i took off due to open edges do you want me to put that into those files
might as well find a home for it too i guess, or i can just buy a plastic knife when halloween 2008 rolls around the corner. so provide the knife, see how detailed it is, and the pouches.

Balmung said:
one question what are you going to use for the chain saw blade on the gun?
buy a toy chainsaw from HomeDepot and shove it on there somehow. or instead of doing pep lancer, which is time consuming and VERY hard, do this
~~~
i just realised that the chestplate for Marcus is more complex than even Flying Squirel's H3 chest. for his is a few total of 24 pages (struts not included) while Spartan 051's is a perfect 60 pages easy...i feel like i can do anything after my GOW2 suit. :lol:

Balmung said:
one question what are you going to use for the chain saw blade on the gun?

Im not sure if this was directed at me or not so ill answer it anyways. The lancer pep has everything attatched. The blade is attatched to the gun. The only thing that i removed was the circle on the side, cause that alone added a page and a bit to the pep and i mean you could fix that in a second. And the sight was taken off because of practicallity. Put a washer on the top and it will be fine. As for my progress, its coming very slowly. Alot of work needs to be done to get rid of open faces and also to help cut down on the number of pages. Its at about 250 pages now. My goal is to have it under 30. I dont know if itll happen, i might try to get rid of all the stupid indent, its alot of work so be patient and i hope itll be done by the end of the month. If not then ill keep working on it but school is hard enough right now so ill do that first and any free time ill try to spend on it.

i think u should get some light metal and cut your self one out!!! if your good at it, it should take you 45 minutes with no mistakes and going really slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back