Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
that sniper rifle is sweet i think ill try to build it and a carmine helmet next great job kung foo oyster that helmet look good has anyone been able to open the locust armor on the cog armor pep file

Hi kinda new around here and thought I'd just say hi and also say that in the next week or so I will hopefully have thighs and the next week biceps

this stuff looks freak'n awesome. makin this after odst

Ok total new to the forum but an amazing piece of work are you replicating any for sale at all? if not just anyone you may know to help get me started on a chest piece of my own? stating a project on motocross armour but has never really picked up much momentum =(

Radion

PSberetta said:
Thanks man!!!

Yeah, I did that with an airbrush and frisket paper.

I have a few more parts of the suit that are at least to the "Wearable" stage.

Here are some new pics.

Still need to finish up the elbows, thighs, handplates, biceps, boot armor, and the pouches and straps such.

Testfit9-6-09001.jpg

Testfit9-6-09006.jpg

Testfit9-6-09008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PSberetta said:
Spartan051, you posted this...

Edit: heres the letter for the mummy doll

[attachment=12215:GOW_letter_1.jpg]

[attachment=12216:Gow_letter_2.jpg]

Sorry guys, I don't want one of these letters coming my way.

Bungie and Microsoft seem to be willing to "Look the other way" when it comes to this stuff.

ILM is another one that seems to be "Ok" with certian items also.

So to answer anyones questions about getting GOW armor from me, no.

I am truly sorry.

I will not be offering up any armor that I have made but I will help anyone that has questions on how I made mine.

Just ask.

I've been attempting to build this armor and it's coming along pretty well. I have everything but the left greave and the breastpiece done. One thing I noticed though was that there is only a file for the right greave, and it's not symetric. Is there a left greave file? or is there a way of flipping the pep file to make one reversed?

thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind lol I found out how :) "Invert Pattern". It's my first pep build so I didn't know of this function.

Hey guys, i have been looking everywhere, but i cant seem to find any pep files for Dom. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of what i can do, or where i could find the files. thanks guys

I finially sit down and look around the site and find this, it makes me happy. I have a Marcus suit in the works, not pepped but scratch built to fit me oversized boots an all. Lancer is maybe a week away from doing a quick mold run a fiberglass copy, sand and perfect it then make a good mold, I also have sculpted and molded a Cog helmet, however I never got around to making the side mounted light for them. And thats my two cents.

Sgt.O said:
Hey guys, i have been looking everywhere, but i cant seem to find any pep files for Dom. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of what i can do, or where i could find the files. thanks guys

As of now there is not

Squid_Squires said:
I finially sit down and look around the site and find this, it makes me happy. I have a Marcus suit in the works, not pepped but scratch built to fit me oversized boots an all. Lancer is maybe a week away from doing a quick mold run a fiberglass copy, sand and perfect it then make a good mold, I also have sculpted and molded a Cog helmet, however I never got around to making the side mounted light for them. And thats my two cents.

For the side mount i would just used pvc tubing and fitting

Hi guys I'm new to the forums and I'm about ready to start on my COG armor but I have a few newfag questions that I can't find answers to on the site. Does anyone know what the default size of the Marcus breastplate is? Should I just assume that the MM dimensions at the bottom of the page are the armor specs at it's tallest, widest and deepest points? I'm new to the Pepakura designer and I'm not sure if it's measuring from the center of the object or from some other arbitrary point of reference. I read about the scale formula for the halo armor but I have a feeling it won't work for me because I'm 5'10" and built like a linebacker with wide shoulders and a barrel chest that belongs on a body much much taller than the one I was given. I was thinking of just building the default piece and then adjusting from there but it seems like a waste of good cardstock if it's too small. Any insight and advice would be much appreciated.

Adam Anderson said:
Dude, read the stickies. They're everywhere

Bro, I have read the stickies. I know that they're everywhere, it's kind of hard to miss. I posted my query because I don't think that the formula in the stickies is going to work because I'm not proportioned like a normal person. Also I've read all the pepakura stickies and I didn't notice if anyone had figured from where the pepakura program is measuring from, I need to know if that 500mm depth is the deepest part of the armor eg. the front of the chest plate to that hump on the back or is it 500mm starting at the waist then to the back of the spine so I can figure out if I need to scale up or scale down.

Grim: Hey I think I can help with your question; The height of the model is from the top of the neck roll to the bottom. Depth is from back to chest and Width is from side to side. I built the Marcus armor for my son a couple of years back. The way i made it fit him was to use the height. Measure your height from about you pelvic bone to about 4-6 inches above your shoulders(not the best method but it worked for me the first go). Once you have that, convert and enter into pep's "Change The Scale of Development" function. After that, all other deminsions should be filled in. Make last minute checks to see if the width and depth will be right for you(consider underarmor,resin,and glass), then you should be good to go.

Jedi Tomray: Sorry, those pieces have not been modeled. Chances are they will not be so you may have to scratch build those. Good Luck.

Maj. Pain

very cool man! I think that is the first build ive seen with the new files. Another small piece of advise would be to use the "hatch" method for getting it on. If you don't know what that is, you should find some pics in this thread by PSberetta. Basically you cut out a side panel and get in and out from the side. Anyways, good luck with the rest of the build and be sure to keep us updated. One day i'll get back to my build.

Maj. Pain

]Thanks again major pain i always tend to forget about this guy

thought i post this here: Gears of War 3 ashes to ashes trailer

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTfmSf5I2uM[/media]

Looks like there is a new cog armor we finally get a mark II.

If any one get some great screen shots i will be happy to put my starcraft on hold to create an HD mark II chest for the up coming game release

EDIT: great suit jedi tomray great looking suit so fair i will be right behind you with the mark II when it gets finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back