The New Pepakura Folding Thread For Complete Noobs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsson2010

Ok, since the other folding thread doesn't have pictures, and recently some new guys need to know what mountain and valley folds look like, I've recreated the folding thread!! Please note that the original Pepakura folding thread was by Iceman29 :). So let's begin.

Well for the real beginners, this is what a mountain and valley fold look like:

(A mountain fold makes the shape of a mountain)
img0074yo6.jpg

(And wouldn't you know it, a valley fold makes the shape of a valley (a valley is the opposite of a mountian, so think of a ditch or something))
img0078zr9.jpg

Generally, when you print out any pepakura sheet (unless you manually changed the settings), the dashed lines ( _ _ _ _ _ _ ) are the mountain folds, and the dotted lines ( _ . _ . _ . _ . _ ) are valley folds.

There are a few kinds of folds we can do. There's:

-Folding by hand (Basically the "I don't need to sped the extra 5 seconds doing a good fold" way)
-Folding while using a pen to make clean lines (the "I do near-perfect folds" way)
-Folding with the dull end of an x-acto knife (the "I am an elite folder" way)

This is a run-down of each fold:

The first fold is generally for no one. It just makes bad, uneven folds and doesn't come out well. Nothing good can come of this fold.
img0069lk9.jpg

The second fold is generally the best for new guys, and anyone else really. You need 2 different colored pens and a ruler. You line the ruler up with the line you are going to fold, then go back and forth on it with a pen atleast 3 times (the pen color corresponds to a mountain or valley fold because you will be going over the dotted/dashed line and unless you write it down or something you won't be able to tell what type of fold it is)
img0080xg5.jpg

The final way is probably the best if you can do it right. You need a razor or an x-acto knife, and a ruler (and for good measure, a cutting board). You line the ruler up with the line and run the dull side of the razer/x-acto knife across the flap, just like you would with a pen if you were doing the method posted above.

*Sorry no picture, I can't find my razor... seriously*

If anything is not clear or I forgot something, please tell me and I'll change it right away :).

its okay, but i think it will cause thread stealing.... and thats bad. just stick to the stickies.... leave this to the professonals...

shadow8136 said:
its okay, but i think it will cause thread stealing.... and thats bad. just stick to the stickies.... leave this to the professonals...

didnt you do pretty much the exact same thing but on scaling your armor?

BTW good job on trying to give the tut and update with pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
TwitchFMX8811 said:
didnt you do pretty much the exact same thing but on scaling your armor?

BTW good job on trying to give the tut and update with pics.

yeah but i deleted it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back