Spartan Laser from pepakura by Zaso117

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaso117

Hey guys!

Figured I'd show you the pics of the fully assembled pep spartan laser.

I take no credit on the model.

Model is by Supertaco and unfolded by Garland.

I alterted some of the pieces slightly since pepakura messed them up.

here are the pics!

100_0109.jpg

100_0110.jpg

100_0108.jpg

100_0107.jpg

100_0111.jpg

Major Red eye! hah

Hey if the Chief can dual wield a rocket launcher and BR, why can't I dual wield a spaser and a AR? ;]

AoBfrost said:
Very nice! Will you be detailing it more? Or just resining and glassing right away?

Thanks alot Frost!
You know, I haven't really thought of that just yet. I guess it was just something to do on a snow day this last week. I'll have to decide what to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, congrats!

I think if you had used a slightly stiffer material, you may have had better results, but you never know until you try!

I'd recommend using thin styrene sheets for anything of this size to reduce warping/sagging.

Hey man great job you have more patience than me with that thing

good luck becuase you just might need it

good god, its huge.

and yeah, I would use somethin thicker than cardstock for a huge job like that. it may be more expensive, but you can cut foamboard sheets out. its pretty easy to cut.

Finish it.

Robogenisis said:
Looks good. I think it's the first pep splazer I've seen.

Thanks. Ya, i don't think i've seen one.

Sean Bradley said:
Looks good, congrats!

I think if you had used a slightly stiffer material, you may have had better results, but you never know until you try!
I'd recommend using thin styrene sheets for anything of this size to reduce warping/sagging.

Thats the one thing I was worried about. Thanks for the advice sean! Always great to get advice from a mod.

crackhead09 said:
Hey man great job you have more patience than me with that thing

good luck becuase you just might need it

Haha. Yes, it was tough at some points and i'm assuming I just completed the easiest part

rvb4life said:
good god, its huge.

and yeah, I would use somethin thicker than cardstock for a huge job like that. it may be more expensive, but you can cut foamboard sheets out. its pretty easy to cut.

Finish it.

I think your right. I'd def reinforce it before glassing or anything.

smilie120 said:
I cant see the pics :S

Sorry, it's kinda image heavy. Hopefully it's working now.

stanvo said:
that thing is masive!

Yes. I give alot of credit to garland for unfolding it well. The pieces were HUGE!

link4044 said:
looking good, yes do what sean said

Awesome. Thanks a ton! I'll def have to use that idea since you and sean suggested it. I'd be stupid to not take advice from the greatest halo prop maker around.

Thanks.

My connection is choking on the pictures right now, so I can't see it; I'll have to wait until I go to school tomorrow.

It's just the pep right now, right? I'd recommend putting something inside; maybe brace it with cardboard so it'll hold its shape when you resin it, and then afterwards filling it with expanding foam, for a realistic but not unbearable heft and so it's not brittle.

Garland said:
Thanks.

My connection is choking on the pictures right now, so I can't see it; I'll have to wait until I go to school tomorrow.

It's just the pep right now, right? I'd recommend putting something inside; maybe brace it with cardboard so it'll hold its shape when you resin it, and then afterwards filling it with expanding foam, for a realistic but not unbearable heft and so it's not brittle.

I was hoping you'd find this thread. Yes, it's just the pep. That's also a great idea. Once I get some resin on it it should keep it's form

Looks good. When you paint it, be sure to get the color scheme right. It's kinda confusing from what I remember.

death said:
Looks great! Should be awesome and the envy of your friends when it's done. :lol:

thanks! Yes, i'd love to be the only kid on the block with a laser.

Dark Rogue said:
Looks good. When you paint it, be sure to get the color scheme right. It's kinda confusing from what I remember.

Yes, it is. different tone i think. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back