Help with clay/plastic helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkmasterchief

Hey guys, im new to this website. Can u tell me what supplies i need and how much :unsure: im trying 2 make a helmet out of...silic...plastic...aahhh idk. but not with a vacume or with pepakura

read the stickies in the molding forum, and view some other threads

pinkmasterchief said:
Hey guys, im new to this website. Can u tell me what supplies i need and how much :unsure: im trying 2 make a helmet out of...silic...plastic...aahhh idk. but not with a vacume or with pepakura

Last edited by a moderator:
pinkmasterchief said:
first off, spell correctly and don't use abbreviations like idk, a few people here have english as a second language so it might make your posts a little harder to read.
so the method your going to use is when you mold a clay model and then make castings.to sculpt you need oil based clay, the amount you need will change for each part, you may be able to find out by messaging some people with molded armor.

as for molding materials, you should use some silicon rubber, which you can get online, again you may want to ask about the amounts and where to get this.

for casting ask around and see what people are using

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention, the 400 dollars was if you are experienced and do it right the first time with 0 problem, otherwise, 1 mistake will cost you another 200-400 dollars.

i'll walk you through the method:
1. go t 405th.com homepage
2. click on "forums" link
3. then click on "molded forums" link
Heres where it gets hard.
4. read every sticky in there
if you still have questions that weren't answered by the stickies im sure everyone here would be happy to answer them

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back