MLC Torso in Action/SuperFrankensuit Underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogWizard

Whoo-hooo! - the frankensuit is well and truly underway. With parts assembled from some of the best (at least 4 so far) and from 3 countries this should be quite the multinational buildout. I hadn't seen anyone post MLC's chest/back yet so here goes:

It really is a good as it looks. I'm 5'11"/200 lbs. (48"C/36"W) and the fit is just about perfect on me. I'm not done fitting the detail on the back yet but it's definately underway. I'm also working on everything else simultaneously so hopefully I should be ready to go here in another week or so...

More pics...

Thanks to all the talented armorers who have helped me out with this project - I really appreciate it.
More to come...

Yeah - I'm still waiting on a couple of little pieces and the strapping should be in this week but other than that, it's under control so far. My garage is a nightmare of resin, fiberglass, and bondo dust and my GF thinks I've gone off the deep end but it will all be worth it in the end... :D

I did pick up one of these as a temporary detail over my underarmor:

The back is even better but I don't have a picture handy...

I'm planning on molding in a set of parachute buckles (M/F) for both underarm "joints" to keep everything lined up nice and tight. It should make more sense when they arrive and I can get pics up...

Thanks!

Spartan-343 said:
:eek: Beautiful!!!! Any chance you would be willing to start producing casts of that torso to sell?

His chest is from MLC, PM me if your interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the encouragement - It's currently made of parts from Adam, DoC, Lee Moore, MLC, and the helmet is from Spase - wow, I guess that it's more like 5 armorers :) I'm still collecting parts and plan on using/keeping the ones that fit me (and the suit) the best. There may be some extra bits and pieces coming up in the "Extra Parts FS/FT" listing but I'm still working on putting everything together.

More to come...

Spartan- 343: Sorry - no recasting of anything. As much as I wish I could take credit for these great pieces, none of them are mine to copy. I have been working on a grav hammer but that's staying under wraps for a while while I get the armor finished...

Yea, MLC makes some killer fiberglass gear. I own one of his Jango jetpacks and I am hoping to attain one of these suits in the near future, great guy to talk with.

TheRob said:
hat vest is that? It looks like a good design.

It a paintball chestpad/armor - the back pattern is actually even better than the front but you need to check the site for better pics. Not too shabby for $20.00...

Paintball Chest

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back