Soft Parts Undersuit Resource Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garland

I'm starting this as a reference point for anyone working on an undersuit. I'm going to update this post periodically with links to products and tutorials that have been posted elsewhere in this forum or I have found myself.

If you have anything that would fit in this thread, feel free to post it.

Anything without a name was found by me; otherwise credit will be given to original poster.

Last updated 6/9.

Gloves:
Riot/tac gloves (thecrazynewspartan)
Remington slip-ons (Ares)
Terminator Combat gloves (redskull)
Blackjack paintball gloves (gamerguy55)

Boots:
tac entry boots (thecrazynewspartan)
overshoes (Redsleighdown)
US military surplus combat boots (Jason 'Biff" H)

Neckseal:
tac hoodneoprene face mask (Humungotron)

Suit:
Bodyglove ($$$) (thecrazynewspartan)
Paintball Chest/Back (DogWizard)
SixSixOne SP-2 Pressure Suit (Ral Partha)
pressure suits at pricepoint (Nightmare Armor Studios)
flight suit (James Falcon)
Crash Pads Upper Body Armour (ShArK)
Motocross Racing Jacket (copper) (Jax Archillies)
Moose Racing XCR Long Skins (motocross pants) (Jason 'Biff' H)

General/Misc:
Superhero Superstore (BishopX)
football helmet liner (for helmet ventilation) (Humungotron)

ODST/Marine:
ammo pouch belt (Ares)
camo tac vest (O Malley)

ODST Undersuit:
Black BDU: Top / Bottom (Spartan137)
Urban Charcoal BDU: Top / Bottom (Spartan137)
Urban Arctic: Top / Bottom (Spartan137)

Tutorials:
"Armor Strapping 101" (by DogWizard)
Stormtrooper strapping tut (Redsleighdown)

Advice:
--When following links to a product, always check the rest of the site. The linked product might be alright, but there could be something perfect elsewhere on the same site.
--Always check ebay, department stores, military surplus/paintball stores, costume stores (especially around Halloween), and local fabric/sewing stores regularly. You never know when something special pops up for a limited time.

More to come.

Yea, alot of this stuff has cheaper alternatives. The hood piece is a decent price, but thats about it. The 60$ gloves can be replaced with the 8$ blackjacks (paintballs gloves).

Note that this is an early WIP thread. There's a lot more links just on these forums that I still need to put on here. I just have the expensive stuff because I linked to what was readily available in this subforum. And the gloves are expensive because they're real armour (Kevlar and advanced composites and such).

Should I update the first post with the stuff you guys post or just let people scroll down?

Garland said:
Note that this is an early WIP thread. There's a lot more links just on these forums that I still need to put on here. I just have the expensive stuff because I linked to what was readily available in this subforum. And the gloves are expensive because they're real armour (Kevlar and advanced composites and such).

Should I update the first post with the stuff you guys post or just let people scroll down?
I would update. I think this is a good idea. Just post all the possible choices. For instance, those Kevlar gloves, and the Blackjack gloves under it.

Last edited by a moderator:
DogWizard said:
I picked up one of these as a temporary detail piece - it's not perfect but it's pretty good - especially for the price:

Paintball Chest/Back

The back detail is better than the front...
Very early on, I considered that same one for an undersuit but I ended up getting the SixSixOne SP-2 pressure suit:

6427-00.jpg
6427-00_1.jpg

SixSixOne SP-2 Pressure suit

It's great for adding extra bulk in your arms and shoulders. I'm in the process of blackening out the blue trim. Maybe I should have gone with the regular pressure suit since the SP-2 is the slimmer version of their standard suit. :oops: The thing gives me a sexy profile but man, I feel like a sausage! :cry:

Garland said:
General/Misc:
Superhero Superstore (BishopX)

Is it me, or is this a little pricey for a homemade costume?
Full%20Begins%20Suit%20For%20John.jpg
also, this seems to be screaming, 'hey if you follow the lines, you'll be conveniently looking at my crotch. I highly recommend this course of action'.

I was going to use these, since I can just black out the knuckles with a little paint. figured it'd add to the look of the suit.

This was what i was going to use for neck, and possibly trim it down. I want to cover my chin as well as my neck, so if the helmet flops, no skin is visible.

Speaking of helmets, I had planned on picking up a couple of these and cutting them to fit where needed. More airflow means less sweat.

Please do. It'll make the whole thing faster.

First post updated.

Sorry it's been so long; school really got in the way the last few months. Expect updates to pick up in the coming weeks.

ive actually found a gut thats willing to make the whole undersuit for me, if he doesnt think its too difficult. if all goes well i'l post some pic and maybe see of theres any interested in anyone buying one, imsure hed want the business.

Hey guys, new member here.

I thought this to be a worthy post.

Check out this! I know it's sleevless, but I have sleeves to attach to it. It just shows off some nice ribbed texture and looks like it will work with the armor. 40$ Dollars

Feel free to leave some comments after clicking on link below

Under Armor Link

I will post pics after purchase and modifications.

Here is also a pic of it.
[attachment=4881:f4383820...8c911b83.jpg]

-Ace

@Dog - think that chest piece might be on it's way to me...

Isn't there a thread for underarmor already? Guess I'll have to look. Yep there are several. Think all these threads should be combined (or a new one started) so that there is one central location for underarmor. All these numerous threads do is burn up bandwidth. There is my 25 cents worth.

Hey guys,
This is something I have been thinking over for a while now. For my suit, I will be using a wet suit that I have left over from a trip. I think it'll be perfect for the suit, being a grey with a thin blue outlineing (which looks pwnage). A little bulky, but it is surprizingly comfortable once you get it on. Just an idea for others that cannot spend a lot on this.

Adulese said:
Hey guys,
This is something I have been thinking over for a while now. For my suit, I will be using a wet suit that I have left over from a trip. I think it'll be perfect for the suit, being a grey with a thin blue outlineing (which looks pwnage). A little bulky, but it is surprizingly comfortable once you get it on. Just an idea for others that cannot spend a lot on this.

Want to be careful. A wetsuit is designed for being in the water. Your body can't breath when standing out in the hot sun for too long in those things. I don't know personally, just what I've heard from others. But thought I'd share.

-Ace

I've been looking around, and I came across this
http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm1/apparel-o...armor-table.htm
Particularly, this http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm-apparels/a...cket-bionic.htm

Decent prices, pretty wide range of things depending on what you're looking for. I, however, can't find what I'm looking for because I'm looking for something that will support the weight of 1/8" (or maybe a bit thinner, depending on the part) steel. Has anyone seen anything or know of something up here that will carry that kind of weight? I'm working on something more of a completely custom suit of armor rather than anything modeled, simply because it's rather harder working with plate steel than it is ABS or other plastics, and I can cut down on the details without worrying about it looking bad. I'll try to put some pictures up of what I'm thinking as goes for design.

For mounting it onto whatever undersuit I get, I was thinking of some heavy rivets or a snaps and straps system, something that I can get on and off by myself. Any other ideas for mounting that kind of weight would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, just letting you know the "Polarpaw Motocross gloves" and the "Hatch Defender II tac gloves" links are dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back