Dragon*con '09 Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresDaChief

Ok everybody, Dragon*Con '09 is 10 days away!

Pricing for the Memberships to Dragon*Con 2009 is as follows:

* $100

Hotel prices:

Range on average at about $185 per night. (All host hotels are booked full as of now, however continue calling them to see if they might have a room open up and make sure to ask for the Dragon*Con rate. Don't bother trying to book online they will all show as full, you'll have better luck on the phone with a rep.)

Post where you're staying and if you have room to share for other members looking.

MARTA

For those staying near the airport and riding the MARTA into downtown

(Most hotels have a free shuttle to the airport, which is where the MARTA station is located)

Atlanta boasts the second-highest rated public transportation system in North America - The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, MARTA - The one-way MARTA fare anywhere on the system is still $1.75. The MARTA rail system shuts down from c. 1:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m. for track inspection and maintenance, so plan to take alternate transportation to downtown (hotel shuttle, cab, rental car) if you're arriving or departing in the wee hours of the morning.

Here is a link to the MARTA rail map. Airport hotel folks will get on at the Airport Station - labeled S7 on the map, located towards the bottom, and get off at the Peachtree Station - labeled N1 on the map.

Dealers Room and Exhibit Hall

In the Dealers Room, you can shop through one of the largest assortments of original crafts, medieval arms and artifacts, posters, models, games and accessories, Silver and Golden Age comics, Japanese Animation merchandise and hardback and paperback books to be found in the world.

In the Exhibit Hall, you can browse amongst the latest new products and releases from a wide variety of gaming, comic and book publishing companies, often times being able to chat with the creators and publishers themselves.

The Dealers Room and Exhibit Hall public hours are:

* Friday 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.

* Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.

* Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.

* Monday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Please provide the following information so that I can put together a comprehensive list of who will be attending Dragon*Con 09:

NOTE: Please do not post on here if you don't know if you're going yet. There is no deadline for us knowing and I would like to keep this board as organized as possible. Thanks.

Email Address:

Convention ticket status: (YES/NO)

Hotel booked Status: (YES/NO, where you are booked, which dates are you booked for, and are you willing to allow others to room with you?)

Armor Status: (Will you be showing up in armor?, What is your current armor status? Would you be willing to walk in the parade?)[/b]

The key to Dragon*Con is booking your room for next year at the end of the convention this year. Even if you end up deciding not to go next year you can always cancel the reservation and not lose any money.

Dragon*Con Registry Update from the Dragon*Con Staff themselves!

Time for the weekly membership post

Yes, it's that time. For those who have no desire to stand in multiple lines at Dragon con, please read this. I don't want to see you anymore than you want to see me.

1. If you have ordered online through paypal or the store, and have not received a yellow postcard, contact me at the office.
2. If you have ordered multiple memberships online, and have not received a yellow postcard, contact me.
3. If you have ordered memberships on the phone or through the mail, and have not received a yellow postcard, contact me.
4. If you are transferring and already know who to, contact me.
5. If you want a badge name, contact me via e-mail so I can spell it right.
6. If you know anyone who has had these problems, tell them to contact me.
7. If you are an eternal and have moved, we need a new address.
8. If you would like a progress report, contact us with an address. If you have been a member before you should get one already.
9. If I have misspelled your name, I will fix it.

That's it for this week. Remember, the office closes August 15th. All these problems that can be fixed before them saves us both time and headaches.

Chip
Solutions Desk
770-909-0115
dragoncon@dragoncon.org
chip@dragoncon.org

Dragon*Con Progress Report PDF

Nothing posted for 2009 yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok folks the double postings are going to be coming that way this thread is bumped so that everyone reads the important information as it is released for Dragon*Con, especially for the first year Dragon*Con goers!

Dragon*Con Registration Information

Arrive Early! Dragon*Con Registration will be in the Grand Hall in the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. Enter from Baker St.

Registration Hours are as follows:

* Thursday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
* Friday-Sunday: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
* Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Here is why you arrive early for registration

dcreg.jpg

For those of you look for fast food options while we're at the convention, there is the Mall at Peachtree Center across from the Marriott that provides most palates with something to eat. Here is a list of the restaurants as well as a map.

Reopened for Dragon*Con '09 Registry!

For now just post if you have bought your tickets for next year.

This will determine who is commited to going and who is not.

Everyone on this list will recieve a PM at a determined amount of time before Dragon*Con with detailed contact information for gathering at the convention next year. The PM may arrive anywhere as early as a month or as late as two weeks before the convention. If you bought a ticket, posted in this thread, and decided not to go, you will need to respond to that PM and let us know so we can replan accordingly.

If you have not purchase a ticket, DO NOT POST HERE.

Your post will be deleted if it is not about you already purchasing your ticket. Questions should be handled in the Dragon*Con Information thread.

Important Dragon*Con Registration Membership 2009 Information Update!

For those who forgot to pre-register before leaving the con, here's a heads-up. Memberships for Dragon*Con 2009 will be $60 to November 14, 2008. If you register as group of 10 or more (in one envelope or fax) each person gets $5 off the membership price. Registration forms are available in Word document form from the Dragon*Con office.

Note: I haven't registered yet either so if we want to get a group of 10 people together drop me a message and we'll get things going. We'd already have two people counting my fiance (wife by D*C 09!) and I.

Email Address: metallordgusecoq@aol.com

Convention ticket status: YES

Hotel booked Status: YES (Sept. 3 - Sept 8). I'm booked at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta (Host Hotel) and yes I will be looking fo pack a few people into the room to cut down on the money situation.

Armor Status: Will have a complete set of Mark VI by D*Con 09

*************AS OF RIGHT NOW MY ROOM IS FULL!!!*******************

Edit: well, it seems that i wont be making it up... due to finances and the damn economic crisis (AUD going to nearly 1/2 the USD).

BUT, the good news is that the parents have agreed to pay my airfairs in 2010 if i look after the kids while they go to the UK.
Soooo, I'm planning a road trip!!!! over a month and a bit, starting at comic con san diego, plenty of stops in between, and finishing at Dragoncon!

also, if anyone knows a good car rental agency in the US that would rent to someone who's only 19 (most are 21+) and who also rent mustangs (or any decent muscle cars) PM me. cheers.

Convention ticket status: Yes

Hotel booked Status: Yes - confirmed at the Hyatt - May change to the Marriott when available

Armor Status: Armor completed - PARADE ME BABY!

Staying the whole weekend this time... :cool/cool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

DogWizard said:
Convention ticket status: Not Yet
Hotel booked Status: Yes - confirmed at the Hyatt - May change to the Marriott when available
Armor Status: Armor completed - PARADE ME BABY!

Staying the whole weekend this time... :cool:

Smart man, That's where I want to be. Key is WANT/HOPE to be

DoC ByTeS said:
Smart man, That's where I want to be. Key is WANT/HOPE to be

Now's the time - I just got off the phone with them. They have rooms, they do take a CC to hold it but no charges up front. All it takes is a phone call...

DO IT MAN - you know you want to... :lol:

The Dragon*Con Store is officially open again. Registration fees are $60 until 11/15. I suggest getting them now instead of waiting and paying more later.

Also the Marriott according to my sources is 100% booked already! There apparently is another convention going on that weekend at the hotel as well as a college football game and a Nascar race. Book your hotels now!

Convention ticket status: Got it, Yes.
Hotel booked Status: Yes - confirmed at the Marriott - (Wanted the Hyatt, it has NO rooms at all, not even at the normal rates.)
Also I wasn't able to get the Dragon Con rate at the Marriott.... so that will hurt my money a bit. Sept. 3rf to 7th but can change it to the 8th if need be.
They also can't say if I will have 2 double beds or just one....
This sucks.
Armor Status: No armor and might not have any done by the Con

back for a other year :cool:

Email Address:Simonkenobi@hotmail.com or bleedoffworkshop@hotmail.com
Convention ticket status: soon
Hotel booked Status: Hyatt whit a friend
Armor Status: will have a mark VI this year

i will include my cell number 1 week before con

Sadly, i wont be making it next year, but will be there for sure on 2010. the story is on my original post above.

Email Address: bradlesk@hotmail.com
Convention ticket status: Not yet... will get tickets soon.
Hotel booked Status: Yes, 2 rooms reserved at The Hyatt, bringing some friends this year.
Armor Status: Yep... new surprises and some old favorites. Will walk in parade again!

Incidentally, someone will need to get the 405th a space in the parade.. I don't believe Rob W. will be doing this for us this time.

Also, tip for you guys looking for a room at the Hyatt: my sister in law is a Travel agent for AAA and she says that travel agents still have access to rooms there. If you really want to get in, contact some travel agencies. They'll also hook you up for the Dragoncon discount if you ask.

Adam said:
No hotel, no tickets, but I'd sure love to be there :)

You guys not gonna make it to D*Con this year Adam? Understandable considering the current economic climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back