Mark V Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
FireDrakeArchon said:
Looks good. On your chest though, you really dont need the stomach bit. In game, that part is flexible. But if you have that on your armor, then you will really have no ability to move your torso. I recommend that that part be made like you would the undersuit of a MK VI, but those special details, like the gutplate and I think theres also a plate on the backside, should be mad from pep, strengthened, then attached to the undersuit. Otherwise, good job assembling!

-FireDrakeArchon

I will make a mold of it but instead of plastic, I will make it rubber so it is flexible. Any pointers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean that you are going to cast it in some sort of rubber material? I don't have any experience with molding or anything, but I think that could work.

It's a question for the molding dudes, and if you can't get the answers from anybody here just pm on of them.

Not much but I did the right calf.

DSCF1653.jpg

Today I will fiberglass! I'm going to glass the left forearm. This is my first time glassing so if I mess up, I can rebuild the forearem 'cause it's so easy to build. I'm following Sigma's tut (Thanks Sigma!). Hopefully it'll turn out fine.

AoBfrost said:
Keep it up :p

It looks good so far!

What are the pieces you have done/folded already?

I've done everything except the right bicep, the back and the left leg.

Hu-ah for Mark V. I really want to see a well-detailed suit of it someday.. it should be pretty simple..

It really has the futuristic look down.. all the other suits seem to be from an earlier time compared to it.

Yeah, i only saw like...one or two complete MK V suits, but the one looked REALLY good!

I hope this one turns out as good, keep up the good work!

and i kind of agree, it has that kind of futuristic look, but the MK VI is more refined and redone.

Wow that's coming along really good. Can't wait to see the finished product :p I bet it'll come out great!

Now I can't wait to get mine finished...

Edit: Did I hear someone say there was a completed Mk V suit? I knew there was at least one but I can't find it. Can someone link me to it please?

its in the hall of honor, molded armor section.

its really cool, its blue, and it looks like caboose!

FireDrakeArchon said:
Looks good. On your chest though, you really dont need the stomach bit. In game, that part is flexible. But if you have that on your armor, then you will really have no ability to move your torso. I recommend that that part be made like you would the undersuit of a MK VI, but those special details, like the gutplate and I think theres also a plate on the backside, should be mad from pep, strengthened, then attached to the undersuit. Otherwise, good job assembling!

-FireDrakeArchon

hes right but the gut thing is there just not attached to the chest.=P

daredevil71789 said:
yeah but when you try it on it wont fit=p

The idea behind the built-in Pep file/model supports is that they're only kept in place during the resining/fiberglassing process.

Once you've finished with that step, take a Dremel tool with a cutting bit attached and remove it from the helmet. That's what I'd do, anyway.

I like what you've done so far on the suit. We rarely see anyone try out the earlier Mk V armour (there's maybe been two other attempts from what I've seen). Have you made any progress since your last post? :cautious:

SPARTAN II said:
The idea behind the built-in Pep file/model supports is that they're only kept in place during the resining/fiberglassing process.

Once you've finished with that step, take a Dremel tool with a cutting bit attached and remove it from the helmet. That's what I'd do, anyway.

I like what you've done so far on the suit. We rarely see anyone try out the earlier Mk V armour (there's maybe been two other attempts from what I've seen). Have you made any progress since your last post? :cautious:

I have put this project on hold. I'm now doing the ODST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back