Reference Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erocku

I fired up Halo 3 a little while ago to get some good reference pictures for my helmet I'm making. I found some details that I had not known about. These details were not in the pepakura file or in any reference pictures I had seen before. For example:
1. The piece in the lower corner of the faceshield should be recessed. All of the fan armor I have seen have this piece sticking out past the faceshield.
2. On the top, front of the helmet where you have the "steps" that go up to the back of the helmet, there are indented areas right before the first "step".
3. There is an indentation in the "chin" area of the helmet, and what looks like two "stripes" leading up to it.

Check out my gallery for the HD pics I took. I hope they'll help you out as much as they're going to help me.

SNIPER 118 said:
I have 4 words for you flying_squir HD helmet

I have 18 words for you...

I just built the flying squirl high detail helmet and it doesn't have the details I just listed.

....which is why I made this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
SNIPER 118 said:
I have it to so maybe im not understanding you

I pointed out the details that are missing in FS's helmet here:

2316352820_8f05bd8e31_o.jpg

2315544075_0ee5497043_o.jpg

2315544099_795b978407_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OH...I see AND I can tell you why...You have the HD by F_S So you know it takes a hell of a long time to put together Now think of how much more time it would take to include those small little details.And all this can easyly be solved cus after fiberglass the outside and bondo it then you can just add all those details by sanding the bondo...

Completing a pepakura helmet requires skill in sculpture. You obviously have an eye for detail. The 3d files that people provide the comunity should not be thought of as complete. they are just a sort of armature for you to sculpt on top of. All the "geometry" that exists on the in game normal map can not possibly be included in a pepakura file. Needle files and a dremmel are your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back