Pet Peeves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Open edges in Pep,
  2. People who think they know what I'm thinking,
  3. Stupid people on Xbox LIVE (They think they're "gangsta") A.K.A Noobs (not the new person type),
  4. Liars. People who will lie, then when caught, lie more,
  5. People who think they are "All that". Like "I'm better than everyone at everything, and you should workship me",
  6. People who tease/bully,
  7. People who call me a nerd. It doesn't bother me, because I am a nerd, but when it's used for hurtful purposes,
  8. People who expect everything, and appretiate nothing,
  9. Bad spelling, grammer, and puncuation. Especially leet speak,
  10. People who do something half-assed and think that's good enough,
  11. False or deceptive advertising,
  12. The Head-On Commercials (or commercials in general),
  13. Bad drivers, text-and-drive'rs, no signal drivers, slow drivers, drunk drivers, stupid drivers, many teen drivers,
  14. People who think everything is always everyone elses fault,
  15. People who abuse their authority,
Will continue to update list as more come to mind.

kind of ironic, but I really really hate the word pet peeves, so I guess that's one of my.. pet peeves.. How lame is that?

volkov said:
kind of ironic, but I really really hate the word pet peeves, so I guess that's one of my.. pet peeves.. How lame is that?
Very, :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not sure if the site has enough bandwidth for my list

volkov said:

lol there's one!

"You really know what grinds my gears? When you cant find the droids your looking for" Stormtrooper-"Yeah what gives with that?"

-family guy :)

smilie120 said:
"You really know what grinds my gears? When you cant find the droids your looking for" Stormtrooper-"Yeah what gives with that?"

I remember that movie/episode, that was pretty funny.

smilie120 said:

"....You know what also grinds my gears? Lindsey Lohan!"
lol

lionheart912 said:
Im not sure if the site has enough bandwidth for my list

[...]

You and me both, Lion!:lol:

Seriously, I've got a helluva lot of pet peeves (don't like that wording much, either).

A few of the main ones would be:

1) Outright Liars. That's right, I can't stand people who aren't honest, or act like they're someone/something they're not. That applies to both friendships and intimate relationships. I always present myself to others just as I am, no false appearances or pretenses, so why can't others? I think it's only fair that if I'm honest about myself, then I should expect the same in return;

2) Huge Ego's. It annoys me to no end when a person acts/thinks like they're "God's gift to [insert word here]". I mean, c'mon... get a grip, dude. And stop obsessing over yourself in that mirror. You're not that perfect. Nobody is;

3) Lack of Commitment. It doesn't have to be something overly important, just... if someone's going to say they'll do something or be somewhere, then damn well DO IT. Don't call last-minute and suddenly back out (just had that happen recently with a friend, ugh). You end up being a disappointment to many others that way;

A couple of the more minor ones would be:

4) When you're on a bus and you're coming up to the last stop of its route, someone will still ring the damn bell. Maybe it's just me, lol, but I find that very annoying. I mean, you know you're coming up to the bus' last stop, where else do you think it's going to go;

5) When people don't relinquish thier seat on the bus to someone more in need of it than themselves, like a person with crutches or a cane, or a mother with a baby carriage. I don't care if your feet are sore and tired (hell, I've got a permanent shinsplint in my left leg, and I still get up). Be considerate, for crying out loud;

I guess the ones I posted were a little more "heavy" than everyone else's, but there you have it. Believe me when I say there are even more, though I think I'll leave it at that. Don't want to take up too much bandwidth with this, lol.

P.S., I agree with RT regarding Lindsay Lohan :p

I can't stand noobs, I just hate them. I don't mean it in a "you're new, so I hate you" I mean it more along the lines of "i can own u, lolololol" and you beat them easily and they start calling you a cheater...

I also hate it when people pick on someone because of their race, size, sex, etc.

I ESPECIALLY HATE IT WHEN THE WORD "BITCH" IS USED TOWARDS WOMEN!!! I understand if you are joking, but if you do it out of anger, it pisses me off...

I also get pissed when someone calls you "gay" for doing something like making armor. It's a hobby for Pete's sake, get over yourself.

It also makes me mad when people call you a nerd for liking computers. I get it all the time. I admit I am a nerd, but still, doing it out of sheer hatred is wrong, same thing with the picking and hobby thing...

That's all I can think of, but there are tons of others...

Amen to all that, brother ;)

Those would be other ones on my list, too. Well, maybe except the "noob" one :lol:

I've come to realize that some people tend to pick on others for making armour or being into computers (or other equally involved interests) because they're actually jealous of the other for being able to do such things, whereas they can't.

And so, that jealously ends up coming out in a rather spiteful way.

Nothing to be done about that, really; people will be envious of that, and at the same time will hate you for it. That's just the way it goes, sometimes. Don't let it bother you, though, as that's exactly what they want.

They gain a bit of an upper hand on you if they know thier empty insults get a rise out of you. And you don't ever want to give them that satisfaction.

If those people can't accept and like you for who you are, then don't waste your time with them, because that's all it would be. A wasted effort. Not for them, per say (they'd have succeeded in thier goal), but for you.

Well, that's MY take on it, anyway. That's starting to sound kindy preachy there, so I'm going to shut up now... :whistle:

I whole heartedly go along with both Seno 'Ypsamee and Spartan II's comments. I especially hate it when these things come up over Xbox live. I hate smack-talk.
Kids and even adults who should know better will talk down to you and mock you over live. Put them face to face with you though and they'd probably wouldn't be able to look you in the eye. grrrrrrr!
Thats one bad thing about Halo, there are a lot of good players out there who just get on and play the game but it also attracts a whole bunch of total degenerates.

Also did I mentions Lindsay Lohan? ;)

I cant stand it when people are idiots on xbox live. For example, the other day i was playing CoD4. My team lost by 100 points and some moron on the other team (who also happened to be a grown man) decided to tell me that they absolutely destroyed us. So I told him that he can think what he wants but if beating somebody by ten kills is a big thing to him then he needs to find something else to do. ha

I also cant stand hypocrites (stepmom), ignorant people (ungrateful "victims" who got massive amounts of help but wont do anything for themselves), and small dogs (my sister's chihuahua).

I almost lash out when people say "that's gay" or "that's queer" to almost everything. I could think of about 150 words that you could say other than those two.

I also hate when people waste their lives away trying to be 'popular'. Seriously, where's that going to get you in life.

I agree on the nerd because you like computers thing. You know, almost every job nowadays requires some skills with computers. People who can take a computer apart and put it back together again blindfolded will get far in life.

I'm going to burn for this one but here goes:

It drives me insane (literally - a small piece of me curls up and dies) when people can't be bothered to express themselves coherently using proper grammar and spelling. Really - if it's important enough to take the time to type out, spend the extra few seconds to insure that you can be understood. Leetspeak and texting shorthand are my mortal enemies. It may be OK on a McDonalds application but eventually real life will intrude and the last thing you want a hiring manager to see on your cover letter is "r u hirng? m3zor needa j0b". :lol:

I'm not talking about the occasional spelling mistake - everyone will make one of those at some point. I'm talking about the constant intentional butchering of a language. Especially on a forum where virtually all the communication and interaction is through the written word, it's worth the time to show respect not only to the language, but to yourself and your fellow enthusiasts...

flame suit\ON

SPARTAN II said:
I've come to realize that some people tend to pick on others for making armour or being into computers (or other equally involved interests) because they're actually jealous of the other for being able to do such things, whereas they can't.
Very very true, Spartan II. I get made fun of (usually in good-natured-make-fun-of-the-nerd way) for my hobbies. Although, I'll even admit that one of them (modding nerf guns) pretty much says that I have no life. Other than that, they're just jealous of my cool armor making skillz.

Also good one on the ringing of the bell at the last stop. I dont ride mass transit very often, but that is something that would bother me.

Anyway, some of my other pet peeves would be:

1. Lack of attention to the Left-Handed minority. Look at school desks, scissors, and even our left to right handwriting. Pretty small things, but they get annoying (especially the scissors one for cardstock).

2. Not trying to get political here, but I dont like the public school system. I'll leave it at that.

3. Lack of "perfectionism" (this sort-of goes with Spartan II's "lack of commitment" peeve) If you do something, do it right, or even better than right, if that makes any sense. In everything you do, you should try your hardest at doing. Make sure it has worth also. (this is a big one for me)

4. Spoiled rotten rich kids.

5. Kids under the age of 14 with girlfriends/boyfriends.......and cellphones....

6. Obsession with the number "666" "Ooh your soooo scary now."

7. Anything that doesn't work efficiently, well almost anything.

8. My uncle's family (dont ask)

9. The complexities of the female mind.

....and the list continues
I dont feel like writing any more, because its midnight and I still have homework. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back