Won't be on Live for awhile..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GruntOfAction

Unfortunatly I won't be on soon because of this..my console froze up in Guitar Hero 3. Turn it off and back on, and red rings are flashing on all but top right one.

GruntOfAction said:
Unfortunatly I won't be on soon because of this..my console froze up in Guitar Hero 3. Turn it off and back on, and red rings are flashing on all but top right one.
ouch, that sucks... are you positive it is the Red Ring of -gulps- Death?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seno 'Ypsamee said:
ouch, that sucks... are you positive it is the Red Ring of -gulps- Death?

Yes, it is unfortunatly, I've let it cool for about 40 minutes...still the same lights..all red but the upper right. And thats RRoD.

GruntOfAction said:
Yes, it is unfortunatly, I've let it cool for about 40 minutes...still the same lights..all red but the upper right. And thats RRoD.

I hear this works. I myself don't have a 360, but there's positive stuff about this solution.

cholo71796 said:
I hear this works. I myself don't have a 360, but there's positive stuff about this solution.

I'd rather return mine for a new one than fix it, f**k it up, and be out of a warranty because I opened it up.

That tutorial is actually similiar to the standard that most repairists use, my methods are quite similar infact. Best to, indeed, send it off if it's still warrantied though.

GruntOfAction said:
I'd rather return mine for a new one than fix it, f**k it up, and be out of a warranty because I opened it up.

I'm in the same boat...patiently awaiting my XBOX's triumphant return.

I've only returned two so far
firsts one lasted a year and a half.
the second lasted a week!
and I'm still using the third.

Are you sending it in for repairs? If you are going to just buy a new one, and let the broken one sit in the back of your closet (like some people I know :cautious:), I would at least try the "X-Clamp method" (Kit HERE, or DIY HERE). I'm sorry for your loss though :(.

Robogenisis said:
Are you sending it in for repairs? If you are going to just buy a new one, and let the broken one sit in the back of your closet (like some people I know :cautious:), I would at least try the "X-Clamp method" (Kit HERE, or DIY HERE). I'm sorry for your loss though :(.

Nah dude we're sending it in, I don't wanna void a warranty.
Hopfully they will just send me a brand new one instead of some referbished crap one. Because odds are I will get the same one back and it will be broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back