Tutorial: Pepakura building for dummies (or noobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else a 'master tutorial' would need is instructions on alternate methods, like scoring to fold and using different glues, and to top it all off, some strategies on efficiency and keeping your mind occupied once you can pretty much cut, fold, glue, cut, fold, glue with your eyes shut.

acmc117 said:
dose anyone know how to make sketch up files into pep files im lost :mad: :lol:
Export your file as a Google Earth 4 (.kmz) file and Pep Designer will be able to open it.

Export --> 3D Model --> Google Earth 4 (*.kmz)

After you open the kmz file, you can save it as a .pdo file.

Last edited by a moderator:
:oops: dont double...or triple....post. I do it, but only because i bump my topic, 4 great justice!

Anyway, I was thinking about a fiberglass tut, but Crackhead beat me with a video, so i fold.

rvb4life said:
. You shouldnt have to hate doing this. Fruits of your labor always taste better.

MMMMMMMMM labor fruits gggggggggllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggggggggggggg

I was recently wondering does anyone use padding to firmly place the helmet so it doesn't wobble around? If so what kind is the most comfortable/easiest to find?

Since I am new not only to this site, but Pepakura, I want to say thanks and great job with the pics. With trying to read all the stickies first and stumble my way around the site to read them in a somewhat linear order, I am starting to get a better understanding of how it works. So far all the tuts I have read are very informative, and have answered pretty much all the questions that have popped into my head so far. So keep up the great work and I am hoping to start this soon, and share my work with all of you.

LukeTrocity said:
Good job being very specific. If people have questions about it now I have no clue what to say.

I have a question........Why don't I have any questions?
Caboose :confused:

lol i think SKG beat me with a better in-depth tutorial, but at least this is an original with some of my tips and tricks.

Spartan-NX said:
I'm really new here, I've been spending my time going through all the tutorials and archives (because that's what good newbies do) and this has REALLY helped me understand the whole Pepakura building process. Thanks man.

Me too, I didn't know anything about Pepakura before now but this tutorial and all the rest have helped me a whole bunch.

sup m extremely new at this i played the game once or twice and loved the armoure and am in the prosses of making a n amueture movie and am really inter rested inthis desigine and if any onehas any ad vice it would be help full am working on helmet know please help if posable my email is trans_am123@yahoo.com please im in desprit need of help

wow this is all the help i can get man thanx now i dont have to be spending hours on the computer looking for tutoriels like this onethanx :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back