Tutorial: Pepakura building for dummies (or noobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:
Im new to all of this. I download the new Pepakura View V.3. I went to tutorial and found the helmet to make. I downloaded it and when I go to print it tells me that the printer scale is not right. In the tutorial it tells how to change the paper size from A4 to 8.5x11. But I think thats for the V.2. There is no option ot change the size of the paper.

Please help. Either im just retarted and cant figure it out, or Im not sure.

Thanks for your help.

bubbabobv1 said:
Hello:
Im new to all of this. I download the new Pepakura View V.3. I went to tutorial and found the helmet to make. I downloaded it and when I go to print it tells me that the printer scale is not right. In the tutorial it tells how to change the paper size from A4 to 8.5x11. But I think thats for the V.2. There is no option ot change the size of the paper.

Please help. Either im just retarted and cant figure it out, or Im not sure.

Thanks for your help.

I am retarded. I didnt download the right thing. Sorry to bother everyone. Thanks for the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
*trevor* said:
i understand how to do that but i cant find files for an assault rifle
Either use the search function or check the sticky on the pep index wiki.

this thread is just about BUILDING the stuff. I assumed that people read the first tutorial on scaling and printing. But....we all know what assuming does...

anybody know that depending on if you print on landscape or portrait depends on if the scale is bigger or smaller? made me mess up a few times, a pain in the neck, i tell you.

if your pepakura model doesn't come out really neat, should i worry about it? cause i was thinking whether i can still fix the imperfect assembly when you get into detailing after you fiberglass them. i'm assuming the pepakura armor models are basically the main principals of the armor itself with lesser of the details.

loki0356 said:
how do you glue together closed pices like a BR? :unsure/huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

it takes practice, different approaches, it is recommended you dont do weapons until you are comfortable with open projects like helmets. Trust me, its a pain for beginners.

Matus_Fenix said:
if your pepakura model doesn't come out really neat, should i worry about it? cause i was thinking whether i can still fix the imperfect assembly when you get into detailing after you fiberglass them. i'm assuming the pepakura armor models are basically the main principals of the armor itself with lesser of the details.

I really wouldnt worry, as long as its not terribly off, you should be able to buff imperfections out.

Loganius said:
What would be a good beginner pep helmet to start off with?

I went with the CQB helmet, but one MK VI helmet was pretty simple.

I have a question. If once you print out the pieces and fold them, how do you know what parts they are and which other pieces to attach them to?

AWSOME! :D

this explained alot!

still some Qs, tho, how long is the average time for a noob to do this?

Lol, for a noob this looks scary but it is exiting!

It looks so hard but i will try lol *scratchs head* i read it all can i ask with folding the lines which way is the mountin way is that dowwards of up wards and with thr ----- lines do you cut any of the lines?.

gabz said:

this explained alot!

Nice to see another fellow Aussie noob lol i live in sydney to lol looks so awesome i want to make halo armour and cog gear i already own the cog lancer rifle. lets chat some time.

Loganius said:
I have a question. If once you print out the pieces and fold them, how do you know what parts they are and which other pieces to attach them to?

They have numbers that match up, like a puzzle.

gabz said:

this explained alot!

takes a few hours, few days, but work diligently and time flies very fast.

DoNut said:
the ppl in the eliete showcase, wat do they use?? it loks like cardstock but idk

some of them use a cardstock base, but they sand and smooth it to the point where it doesnt look like the original model anymore. these guys are real experts, it takes hours and years of practice.

Kainknine said:
It looks so hard but i will try lol *scratchs head* i read it all can i ask with folding the lines which way is the mountin way is that dowwards of up wards and with thr ----- lines do you cut any of the lines?.

you cut the solid lines, and depending on what setting you use for the program, the mountain fold is ----- and valley fold is -.-.-.-.-.

Matus_Fenix said:
Wow cog gear armour could you please link so i can start printing them out please?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back