Daft Punk Helmet Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
4ng31 said:
Long time, no bump.

Here is the finished product:

helmfinishedmu4.jpg

All done with Pep with the slight modifications I mentioned in the original few posts.
wheres the scroll bar?

Last edited by a moderator:
korekillerking said:
wheres the scroll bar?

Not to mention a good, flexible one...is totally not worth the price tag for a costumer like me...I might play with some led wire though and see what i can come up with if I can find a place around here that still sells it...lol.

Also, 20, I read you were having some editing issues on /po/...I have both C4D and Lightwave...if you want me to try and clean up some stuff for you, shoot me an .obj and I'll see what I can do. I'm not pro graphic artist, but i've ripped apart enough of these models (Sonic, Zero, etc...) to be able to clean some up for Pep...

4ng31 said:
Not to mention a good, flexible one...is totally not worth the price tag for a costumer like me...I might play with some led wire though and see what i can come up with if I can find a place around here that still sells it...lol.

Also, 20, I read you were having some editing issues on /po/...I have both C4D and Lightwave...if you want me to try and clean up some stuff for you, shoot me an .obj and I'll see what I can do. I'm not pro graphic artist, but i've ripped apart enough of these models (Sonic, Zero, etc...) to be able to clean some up for Pep...

Thanks for the offer, but I can't export to obj. I managed to import the 3ds into Pep just fine, it was the texturing that was giving me issues, and why I handed the model off to someone else.

4ng31 said:
LOL...I love that write-up...especially this:

Caitlin: The gloves are as close as you can get to a perfect recreation made of PVC instead of metal.

...and then you can see a split right in the middle of the palm piece...ya, totally as close to a perfect recreation that you can get...sure...

And I love how fiberglass=metal in their books. I especially love how their over-sized foam helmets push the much more accurate helmets below them into second place. But hey, they're gurlz so f*** accuracy, right?

Proportions, angles, sizing, details, all of it is off. I might just be pissed off right now, but I'm sure even if I was calm I'd be at least somewhat insulted by that arrogant write-up praising the inaccuracies of these things while throwing in two pics at the end of the much better helmets below them without so much as a compliment.

Hey, 20xx, any updates? If the project is on hold for now, I might just have to bust out ol' Rhino 3d and see what I can whip up. I started a Bangalter model a while ago, but looking at it now, I'd have to redo it completely, it's just not accurate enough to my eye.

-Nick

foxymcfox said:
Hey, 20xx, any updates? If the project is on hold for now, I might just have to bust out ol' Rhino 3d and see what I can whip up. I started a Bangalter model a while ago, but looking at it now, I'd have to redo it completely, it's just not accurate enough to my eye.
The person who took over the texturing couldn't finish the job, so it's just sitting here on my comp, doing nothing. If nobody minds an untextured file, I can still unfold it for you blokes. And if there's a response I'd be more than happy to finish up Thomas' helmet as well.

20xx said:
The person who took over the texturing couldn't finish the job, so it's just sitting here on my comp, doing nothing. If nobody minds an untextured file, I can still unfold it for you blokes. And if there's a response I'd be more than happy to finish up Thomas' helmet as well.
Well, I never planned on using textures anyway, so textured, untextured; it makes no difference to me.

...And I think you know where I (as a ginormous Bangalter nerd) stand on the Thomas helmet :p

If you need any assistance, let me know. I'm not the most efficient modeler, but given enough time, I can model just about anything.

-Nick

foxymcfox said:
Well, I never planned on using textures anyway, so textured, untextured; it makes no difference to me.

...And I think you know where I (as a ginormous Bangalter nerd) stand on the Thomas helmet :p

If you need any assistance, let me know. I'm not the most efficient modeler, but given enough time, I can model just about anything.

Alrighty then, I unfolded it but haven't yet organized the pieces, so it's a complete mess on the pages. Just thought I'd upload it before crashing, though, if for no other reason than to remind me about it tomorrow when I hop on the boards.

http://rapidshare.com/files/122107066/Guy-Man.pdo.html

Once I organize the sheet layouts I'll pick-up the Bangalter helm again and get crackin'.

I'll let you know if I need your help, and if you decide to make your own, the more the merrier. It's nice to give people options!

20xx said:
Alrighty then, I unfolded it but haven't yet organized the pieces, so it's a complete mess on the pages. Just thought I'd upload it before crashing, though, if for no other reason than to remind me about it tomorrow when I hop on the boards.

Patterned - http://rapidshare.com/files/122177060/Guy-Man_Final.pdo.html

Also, I'll rehost all the .pdo's to date, as I've gotten a few PM's about people having problems using rapidshare...so when I get home from work, I'll fix that as well.

Can someone please send me these files. I hate using rapidshare.

I had to do a code thing about a freakin' cat and it still didn't let me so please send it to me.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
Can someone please send me these files. I hate using rapidshare.

I had to do a code thing about a freakin' cat and it still didn't let me so please send it to me.
Download it right now. It's happy hour so no need to enter any code.

ACDCrockr209 said:
Its not workin' in happy hour neither! :mad:
How can that be? If you click on the "Free" button, it should show the following:

------------------------
You would like to download the following file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/122177060/Guy-Man_Final.pdo | 325 KB
It’s Happy Hour!

Download your file without security questions. Have Fun!
--------------------------

and then there's a big "Download" button.

I don't know but either way it ain't workin' is there another download site.

Maybe it should be in the download index.

-Pony

Thanks for the .PDO's :D

Just have the slight problemo of resizing Tom's helmet with Pepakura designer. I changed the height from 26 to 29 to fit my big head, but it means certain parts will not fit onto the A4 sheets as they are too long. Is there any way to split the long pieces into shorter ones?

Ive read all the stickies BTW to no avail :(

Thanks In advanced :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back