Daft Punk Helmet Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious as to whether anyone would be interested in a set of Bangalter ears. I'm looking to have a set professionally milled, and then cast them from resin. Since they are one of the harder things to replicate, I just wanted to gauge interest to see if anyone would be interested in a set should I make them available in some capacity.

^-^Foxy~>

gallery_5248_684_70813.jpg

The ears are the ones included in the model, with the center bit extruded.

Hey I'm new here, and I want to make the Guy-Man helmet.

The only problem is that I am on a Mac, so I can't use Pepakura, AND the earlier link that was said to be usable on a mac, only contains a partial 1 page.

If someone could post some pdf or jpegs or something, that would really help me out!

-Cyber

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(graffitiartfilms @ May 14 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ok I am done! Here is a video of my crappy attempt to dance kinda like Bangalter, while wearing the helmet:

it dose look alittle to small for your head

cant wait to make both:))::)

4ng31 said:
Patterned - http://rapidshare.com/files/122177060/Guy-Man_Final.pdo.html

Also, I'll rehost all the .pdo's to date, as I've gotten a few PM's about people having problems using rapidshare...so when I get home from work, I'll fix that as well.

Me and my friends need some help. I've tried redownloading pep viewer and designer and both guy-man files, but either pep crashes when I try to print or it doesn't actually do anything when I hit print.

We made the Thomas helmet already (check out my avatar ^^) so it worked for that... but theres 4 of us and we cant all be Thomas.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can some1 upload new and better version of Thomas helmet, the old one has freaky ears and some strange folds and parts

Can anyone send me a link for one of the baseball helmets needed to graph the front PEP part to? Im looking at which ebay helmet to buy.

4ng31 said:
20xx said:
Alrighty then, I unfolded it but haven't yet organized the pieces, so it's a complete mess on the pages. Just thought I'd upload it before crashing, though, if for no other reason than to remind me about it tomorrow when I hop on the boards.

Patterned - http://rapidshare.com/files/122177060/Guy-Man_Final.pdo.html

Also, I'll rehost all the .pdo's to date, as I've gotten a few PM's about people having problems using rapidshare...so when I get home from work, I'll fix that as well.

I can not print the file m out that an error has occurred and must be closed and never prints and I went to the house of a friend and nothing I do? I want to print is the version 2 because my head is too big xD i'm new jeje

Hey could someone post a link for a smooth unfold of the Thomas helmet?

I tried the original file but it has way too many folds and doesn't look as nice.

Imperial said:
Hey could someone post a link for a smooth unfold of the Thomas helmet?

I tried the original file but it has way too many folds and doesn't look as nice.

That's the exact same file I made my helmet from...just put some effort into it and you'll be fine (no one said this would be easy).

Can some1 upload new and better version of Thomas helmet, the old one has freaky ears and some strange folds and parts

Everything you need to know to build this helmet is on the first page...take an inch off the piece that connects the "ear" to the actual helmet...make your own tabs to connect the seperate pieces...and the folds are reversed on the inner ear.

Here is a slightly modified Thomas file, but the ear pieces are still kind of off (need sized down and joined to the helmet) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N1RF3X7D

4ng31- Thank you very much this is exactly what I was looking for, I did not mean to come off as a noob or a complainer.

I was not implying that I could not use the original file, I just knew that someone (or in this case you 4ng31) had an unfold that was smoothed out without all the extra folds in between.

so I am sorry once again if I just looked like someone trying to take the easy way out, my only intention was to get the best looking, smoothest and newest file out there.

BIG BIG BIG thanks to you 4ng31 and your tutorial

-Imperial

(on a side note I'm not worried about the ears, since I figured I would just use the bottoms of soda cans.)

Hey here, total n00b and Daft Punk fanatic. I was thinking... Daft Punk's helmets are modeled in DJ Hero. I heard that they worked very closely with the production of the game. If we got those models they would probably represent the real life counterparts pretty well no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back