Boot References and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorssoli

Hey all,

I've been digging all over trying to find pictures of the bottoms of the boots for the HALO 3 Mjolnir armor and so far I haven't found anything that looks practical. If anyone has a good shot of the bottom of one of the boots, please post it here. I'm far enough along on my boots that I need to start making soles. I figure as long as I'm making custom shoe soles, I might as well get them right.

Thanks,
-Thorssoli

While I don't have any pics myself, if someone has the Halo 3 Mcfarlane figures, maybe they can check to see if they added the details to the bottom of his feet?? Just a suggestion :)

remember the starry night video? Pause it as he's coming down with his kick on the Brute.
And the figures do have detailing on the feet. :)

(my own two cents)
no one's going to see the bottom of your feet
if you go costuming
unless you're realy pay attention to detail or
want a grunt to remember your expert shoes when you curb stomp him.

thorssoli said:
Is that the in-game model?

That's the in-game model from Dead or Alive 4... the model is pretty close to H3, but I think there are a couple of tiny differences.
Here's the thread that Bevbor's shot is from:
LINK

I've got a few shots of the bottom of the boot, but they're on my home pc and I'm at work now...
I'll sort through what I've got at home tonight and may be able to dig a few out for tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
this might help
SpartanNormalSTBOOT.jpg

emphases on might. its the normal map used to generate the impression of 3d detail on the bottom of the boot.... it can be damn hard to interpret thoe

EDIT: its the halo 3 one bdw

Thanks for helping out with this guys.

I did get one of the McFarlane action figures. Here's a shot of the bottom of those boots:
ActionFigures006.jpg

From looking at it though, it gives the impression that the soles are rigid like the rest of the armor. The same does not go for the desktop statue:
DSCF0212.jpg

I think I'll be exercising a bit of artistic license to make them all rubber soles. They'll be a bit more practical that way.

The good thing is that all of the references I've got look essentially the same. This is the one xalener linked to:
spartanbootls9.jpg

Now on to making shoes...

Also, is the toe cap supposed to be rubber or metal? It's tough to tell based on the source images I've found, but it looks like most people are making it metal.

thorssoli said:
Also, is the toe cap supposed to be rubber or metal? It's tough to tell based on the source images I've found, but it looks like most people are making it metal.

Looks to me like it's either one of two finishes- rubberized like the seals between the boot pieces, or shiny/light grey metal. It differs from color to color in both bungie renders and game shots.

link4044 said:
steel toes, dont want to hurt your toes in battle
The bottom of the boots also has the signature of marcus lehto... (atleast in halo 2 there was)

-Fin(n)ish

thorssoli said:
Thanks for helping out with this guys.

The good thing is that all of the references I've got look essentially the same. This is the one xalener linked to:
spartanbootls9.jpg

Now on to making shoes...

It helped me and I was not even look for HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back