For a bold molder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, for all you guys who were dissappointed with the terrible movie version of the EXCELLENT book "Starship Troopers", this may be your next project :) If you just happened to be one of the few who saw this show when it was actually on TV, you probably love it as much as I do! I was thinking maybe an extremely bold molder could go after THIS armor project!

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8508/nwtk1xt9.jpg

http://epguides.com/RoughnecksStarshipTroopers/cast.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/dvd/s...ecks/rn3lrg.jpg

I couldnt possibly do it, I am (a no good at modeling clay, and (b do not have the.....financial wherewithal to afford such a costly endeavor. Especially when I dont even know if its all gonna work out. But for all you bold people who are real go getters for this sort of thing, I just thought of this and thought I'd bring it up.

-Chupa

I friggen loved that movie! So cheesy I laughed the entire time.
As for the armor I think you would need a ton of clay but shouldn't be too difficult.

I say if someone wants something different go for it. I've never reed the book but really enjoy
Starship Troopers/Roughnecks. It's most likely the fighting in space on distant planets against a group of alien species bent on the killing of every last person that I like about it.
Another good movie is "Soldier" with Kurt Russell it's got the trained from a child to be a super soldier thing going for it.

that looks like the standard leather armor from basically any MMORPG ever with a space hat plonked on it, outa be pretty easy to build

volkov said:
that looks like the standard leather armor from basically any MMORPG ever with a space hat plonked on it, outa be pretty easy to build

So are you volunteering? I think you would need to make the chest rigid around the black leathery piece. For those of you who really liked starship troopers, you should go read the book. This may not mean a lot to some of you, but the book was on the Commandant of the Marine Corps' required reading list, I think it still is. the movie was a fun kinda movie, and EXCELLENT graphics for sure! but the plot is terrible UNDER the name for Starship Troopers, because the story of the book follows the Rico through the ROUGHNECKS, he joined in straight from boot. Also, the whole layout of weapons, armor, unit organization, even the ENEMIES. For the most part, they fight SKINNIES throughout the story, not the bugs. And it clearly defines the bugs as being able to shoot at you, not the melee slash that the movie had. And warrior bugs were fairly rare, mostly they swarmed you with unarmed workers and stuffed a warrior hidden inside the mess of workers to ambush in plain site. Just everything about the movie was about the opposite of the book.

I thought the movie was decent, but they shouldnt have named it Starship Troopers. period.

-Chupa

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back