Mk V Pep progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropicana

So I've been here quite a while, and seeing everyone's armor made me want to make some of my own. I've attempted Mk VI and I've never really completed it in lack of interest. But then I found the Mk V pdo's and I thought "Hey I've always liked the Mk V better, why not go for it?"

So, here it is.

[attachment=3760:pICT0015.JPG]
[attachment=3759:pICT0013.JPG]
[attachment=3758:pICT0012.JPG]
[attachment=3757:pICT0011.JPG]
[attachment=3756:pICT0010.JPG]
[attachment=3755:pICT0006.JPG]
[attachment=3754:pICT0003.JPG]

Sorry for the crappy quality, but I don't really have a top-notch camera. But it's better than nothing : D

Damn dude, that's looking awesome! It's nice to see someone else take a stab at the original Mk V armour. Don't see nearly enough of that around here. Can't wait to see what the helmet looks like... :D

Sigma-LS said:
Mk V FTW Buddy. Everything is looking nice, going to detail it after you fiberglass it?

Hell yeah. Hopefully I can rig up some kind of lighting system into the helmet. I don't think I'll need to Bondo it much, seeing as it looks like it's supposed to be boxy in the first place. I might trim the edges so it fits my body a little smoother. I don't know what to do for the undersuit yet though.

SPARTAN II said:
Damn dude, that's looking awesome! It's nice to see someone else take a stab at the original MK V armour. Don't see nearly enough of that around here. Can't wait to see what the helmet looks like... :D

I tried making a helmet, but it came out too small and unfortunately got thrown out before I could take a pic. But I'm sure it's the next thing I'm going to make, after that the thighs and shins/feet. Also, I think I'm going to have to get the visor custom cut because of some complications near the sides of the helmet. But that should be easy to overcome.

Thanks for the comments guy! It really keeps me driving to finish this project : D

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 169 said:
Hell yeah. Hopefully I can rig up some kind of lighting system into the helmet. I don't think I'll need to Bondo it much, seeing as it looks like it's supposed to be boxy in the first place. I might trim the edges so it fits my body a little smoother. I don't know what to do for the undersuit yet though.

I tried making a helmet, but it came out too small and unfortunately got thrown out before I could take a pic. But I'm sure it's the next thing I'm going to make, after that the thighs and shins/feet. Also, I think I'm going to have to get the visor custom cut because of some complications near the sides of the helmet. But that should be easy to overcome.

Thanks for the comments guy! It really keeps me driving to finish this project : D

BOLD # 1: I would agree you shouldn't have to Bondo it much, as the Mk V armour is meant to look kinda "boxy", as you put it. Maybe just apply a single, thin layer of the stuff just to cover up any imperfections in the base Pep model. It shouldn't require any more than that, especially since the Mk V armour is very low-detail, so it's not like you'll need to add much else.

BOLD # 2: That's often what happens with people's first attempts at either the Mk V or Mk VI helmets. They're either too small or too large, though it's usually more of the former than the latter. In my case, I was very fortunate that my first Mk VI attempt was pretty much spot-on, so I was able to work with it as opposed to having to start another one. Just make sure to be precise in your scaling measurements, and your next one should turn out fine.

I seem to have ran into a wee bit of a problem. I'm out of cardstock and getting low on gluesticks. I'll see if I can scrounge up some more money and get some more. Then I can start work on the helmet.

Heopefully there'll be an update in the next few days with the helmet and thighs.

Thanks again for the awesome comments :p

Sorry for the double post, but update time! : D

Got two thighs and the left calf done. Going to make the helmet tomorrow, will post pics of that.
Only snapped a few pics this time.

[attachment=3822:pICT0019.JPG]
[attachment=3821:pICT0018.JPG]
[attachment=3823:pICT0020.JPG]

I lol'd at the look on my face in the second pic, my friend de-ranked me in matchmaking ;_;

Arbiter452 said:
shweet!

EDIT: where is the file?

I got it from the costuming wiki

More pics. This time of the helmet.

[attachment=3859:pICT0021.JPG]
[attachment=3861:pICT0023.JPG]
[attachment=3860:pICT0022.JPG]
[attachment=3862:pICT0024.JPG]

I know because I was the one who asked him to model it, alot. It was really nice of him to make such a great model too!

Anyway. I'm an old school Mk V pep man too, LMK if you have some Q's on it. I hope to go back and finish mine this summer.

HPIM1379.jpg

mkvnewsuit001.jpg

Yep, Mk. V has been done.. just not.. well.

It'd be nice to see a full set of it smoothed, detailed, with lights and a good paint job, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back