How do I get Krazy Glue off my fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piehobo28

Jr Member
I was making pepakura and i accidentally got a bunch of krazy glue on my fingers. The thing said to put nail polish remover on it but that didn't work. help!

Ahhh, the old krazy glue on the fingers...

First of all, you got to make sure that the fingernail polish remover has acetone in it, or it will not work. The acetone reacts with the krazy glue to make it soft again so you can remove it.

And second, you have to soak the glue in the nail polish remover for about 3 or 4 minutes (in my experience) for it to work effectively.

Good luck!

This happened to me before, but it was a different project. I got two of my fingers stuck completely. What i did was put fingers in hot running water. That seems to help it slowly pull apart. Though i didn't know nail polish remover can help but good luck.

you can also take a light grit sand paper and hand sand it off. It gets the majority and the chunks off, it will still feel weird though. In about a day it should have all fallen off, thanks to our skin cells dieing WOO.

the best trick is to
1 NOT PUT ANY ON YOUR FINGERS
or
2 sand it
or
3 wait until it goes away by its self (to avoid if your fingers are stuck togheter if sticked togherter go to option 2)

seriously
i had the same problem but not with glue... expanding foam it was all over my fingers and it was really annoying
so for those whom didnt know foam does the same id say

use ruber gloves its the best

Last edited by a moderator:
to avoid this problem, DONT USE SUPER GLUE!!!!!! get hot glue, at least that comes off! but, with the risk of burning your fingers to a crisp.

would you rather have blisters or pull an American Pie 2? They said paint thinner, but thats dangerous.

redragon74 said:
hot water and scratch it lightly with a razr blade
NO.

Acetone.

/thread.

rvb4life said:
to avoid this problem, DONT USE SUPER GLUE!!!!!! get hot glue, at least that comes off! but, with the risk of burning your fingers to a crisp.

would you rather have blisters or pull an American Pie 2? They said paint thinner, but thats dangerous.
Actually, using a low-temp glue gun the worse I have have done was a burning pain for about a minute, and that was touching the tip of the gun to my arm on accident, so really, you can't get blisters from a low temp (unless you touch it purposefully without removing the gun off the skin for a minute).

Just dont try to pull your fingers apart without doing something to the glue first. You can pull alot of skin off if the glue hasnt been weakend at all. That is very painfull!

stanvo said:
Just dont try to pull your fingers apart without doing something to the glue first. You can pull alot of skin off if the glue hasnt been weakend at all. That is very painfull!

If you get it on your skin (fingers) let it dry and add some more to make it thick. once it dries, you just peel it right out without pulling any skin. Piece of cake!
If you get fingers glued together, just wait, your skin will take care of it with its oils and it will come out easy.
I kinda like it when i get it on my finger, I like to bite the crusty layer off :D

If you don't have acetone you could use gasoline. And if you want to go with a less stinky method you can always try coke cola, its actually a very powerful acid (can take the paint right off of your car).

*Sigh* Brings back horrifying memories :(, My brothers once glued my fingers so that only my middle finger was movable so that it looked like I was flicking everyone off (Which at the time my mother was trying to get me not to do).

I never got my fingers stuck TOGETHER since. But I have gotten glue on them due to my Miniatures building (Warhammer 40k). I just let it dry, flake some of it off and leave it to come off later :p

The most effective way and fastest (in my expierence) ....just rip it off, who needs fingerprint anyways? Fingerprints are sooo last tuesday :p

Vrogy said:
NO.

Acetone.

/thread.

Second that! Get a cloth or paper towel and soak it in Acetone. That is to say you fold said towel and place it on the opening of the can and poor. Don't poor it directly on your hands. You get way to much of it every where and waste it. Plus the cloth helps scrub it off without taking your skin off. This is also good for cleaning resin off your hands and gloves as well.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back