Do you ever get the saying to much free time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Star

Jr Member
Recently showed my friends my stuff i've been making and such , apparently they say i proably have to much free time.
Well i'm not really watching TV or playing COD4 when there's nout to do .Think it kindof normal that you can with spare time after work .

How many of you have had the same remark after showing your work to someone?

Night_Star said:
Recently showed my friends my stuff i've been making and such , apparently they say i proably have to much free time.
Well i'm not really watching TV or playing COD4 when there's nout to do .Think it kindof normal that you can with spare time after work .

I think Pretty much everyone... I think i still have Comments from my stuff on youtube....Not good at all. Thats all everybody does is criticse your work, Because.. The cannont do it. They dont have enough artistic skill. And thats all they do is Play Cod4 or wach Tv, Because they cant make somthing constructive with their time....So in theory they have way to much time on their hands. If you want me to il post some of the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
smilie120 said:
I think Pretty much everyone... I think i still have Comments from my stuff on youtube....Not good at all. Thats all everybody does is criticse your work, Because.. The cannont do it. They dont have enough artistic skill. And thats all they do is Play Cod4 or wach Tv, Because they cant make somthing constructive with their time....So in theory they have way to much time on their hands. If you want me to il post some of the comments.

Sure I wouldn't mind seeing some haha.

I get crap like that from my friends all the time, although they think the finished product is pretty cool. My girlfriends parents don't think it's cool though D:

Night_Star said:

Don't get me going. That is my biggest pet peeve I don't have enough time, i need more time and when people say "you must have to much time on your hands" I just want to slap them up the side of the head and tell them well your wasting yours go do something with your life. Thanks for starting this thread and letting me vent

omg hate that one time i had drawn a pretty good picture on the graffitti application on face book. half the comments were like "lol u have to much free time" or "dude....live a little and stop drawing on the computer" i said well what is the difference of drawing on the computer with a notebook rather than drawing on a canvas or sheet of paper its all still art. they were like "but still its the computer" im like w/e yea i hate that

it's funny, when in person you can get the vibe that when they say it sounds as thou you've been stuck in your basement for ages , i'm actualy out doing parkour and such with mate than with my projects . 70% out with mates ,20% crafting ,10% lazy

i've said back to my mate when he said that line =_= , well maybe i'm not at home masturbating or playing games and such , i'm using my time to do construtive things .

he just walked off without a word afterwards :p

i knew proably alot of people with get annoyed with things like this on here.

well, i assure u that 90% of them say that piece of crap because they're all jealous of your work.
Making armor is a hobby just like gaming or listening to music, so if they say that you have too
much time on your hands that's just like saying everyone who plays/listen to music has no lives.

People say that to me as well, but it really doesnt matter what they say. I just reply to them "hey, you're
not the guy with a mjolnir armor." If they made one/owned one, I highly doubt that they'll say that.
Ignore it and keep doing whatever you want ;)

actualy think it's used to lightly that line :p

i mean everyone got something different to do or like ,i've just started getting into cosplay and costume making after my jack sparrow costume , amazed people and some say to much free time , well i don't care i'm having fun ^^

Most people just say those kind of things to be defensive. They feel bad that they have just sat around instead of doing something and are threatened that you might be 1-upping them in a particular area.

Dumbest response I've ever heard to an accusation that people just watch TV and socialize is "At least I'm having fun." I mean if this wasn't fun would we do it? :D

But time is always an issue. I really doubt I'm going to finish any major projects before the middle of June. Finals are going to suck this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back