Aus-Nz Member And Event List

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's only because we have a heap of supanova's, plus Australia is a bit bigger than NZ... so we need more :p

lol and dont forget we breed like rabbits as you said :pwoot supernova sydney 2010 ill be there (hopefully), yeh i saw the warthog pop up on my xbox live spotlight and to be serious i was DREWLING. I quickly read it thinking OMFG you can own that thing! imagine goin to macca's in that lol awesome anyways i was all sad face when it sayd u have to pay for own accomidation n such but hey THE ONLY WARTHOG EVA!!!!

Looks like an Impromptu gathering of the 405th on the 8th of August on cockatoo island then :p

Im coming down from Brisbane with the chief and heading out there early saturday morning, cause SMASH (Sydney Manga and Anime Show) is running the same weekend and i am sorta a cosplay organiser :p

8am, 8th August 2009, Cockatoo Island, Sydney, NSW, Australia.

Hi Gang,

Just joined up....from Perth, interested in all things Spartan....just finding my way around the site. Made a pretty "dodgy, how ya going" spartan assault rifle for my Halo mad 8 year old son a few months back and am just looking for ideas. We both collect the Halo 2 and 3 figures and my lad is a walking Halo encyclopedia....Looking forward to some fun with the 405th...

WOOT,is there an Animania 2009 Sydney,just wondering.But 2 sure fire cons im going to is:

Armageddon 2010

and

Supanova 2010

Plus

Animania 2009 sydney(is there one,i heard its in october).

tell me if your going to either so we can have a 405th Australia meet-up.

supertrooper7 said:
Hi Gang,

Just joined up....from Perth, interested in all things Spartan....just finding my way around the site. Made a pretty "dodgy, how ya going" spartan assault rifle for my Halo mad 8 year old son a few months back and am just looking for ideas. We both collect the Halo 2 and 3 figures and my lad is a walking Halo encyclopedia....Looking forward to some fun with the 405th...

Added to the list.

mjolnir follower said:
WOOT,is there an Animania 2009 Sydney,just wondering.But 2 sure fire cons im going to is:

Armageddon 2010

and

Supanova 2010

Plus

Animania 2009 sydney(is there one,i heard its in october).

tell me if your going to either so we can have a 405th Australia meet-up.

Depending on work and what guests they get I might look at coming over for a Con or two, will have to wait and see how things go... I'm also hoping to make it to SDCC next year.

According to the Animania site the Sydney one is 5-6 Sept this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY if im lucky,i might be able to meet the great belakor himself,WOHOO.Oh and thanks for the animania heads up.

Brisbane Supanova 2010 is going to be huge. Definately make that one the 2010 405th meetup. Portalman is coming up, and Brisbane is pretty much the biggest Con in Australia. Also, i'll be attending SMASH this coming weekend after warthog pics and i'll be back down for Animania Weekend in September for the WCS finals.

Zerebin Out.

As promised guys, WARTHOG PICS!

Check out the brand new Southern Cross Spartan patchs on our shoulders ;)

warthog1.jpg

warthog2.jpg

warthog3.jpg

warthog6.jpg

warthog7.jpg

Check out the background, they actually made a full Set backdrop for the vehicle so it the pics had a better atmosphere. Also, WETA complimented me on my suit, and i told them, it's what the 405th do, we take our Halo armour seriously.

Cool photos Zerebin!

That backdrop they had looks pretty sweet, one thing though, did they remove the turret or is it just not visible in the photos?

Many people there?

The patches look cool too :)

Zerebin said:
they couldn't bring over the turret due to customs reasons.

And that reason would be because customs suck.:p

Man, those pictures are awesome Zerebin! They were right to compliment your armour too, it's looking pretty sweet these days.
wink.gif

It is confirmed! I will definitely be going to Brisnova010, but most likely in Assassin's Creed cosplay

And supertrooper7, it's great to have another Perth member!

Hopefully it's not too late to post my entrance to the 405th ranks. Brisbane, Australia is my location. Will be heading to gencon Brisvegas in a couple of weeks, though without a suit. Hopefully I'll catch up with someone there.

Judge said:
Hopefully it's not too late to post my entrance to the 405th ranks. Brisbane, Australia is my location. Will be heading to gencon Brisvegas in a couple of weeks, though without a suit. Hopefully I'll catch up with someone there.

Never too late, this topic is always open :)

Added you to the list.

In other news, Auckland Armageddon is getting close, will probably start a topic for it soon. Probably the big draw, for people on here at least, would be Steve Downes voice of the Master Chief (if you didn't know that I'd keep quiet, someone might shoot you :p). He's signing autographs for free too :)

I won't be in armour but I should still be there, just look for the guy in the dark green Fedora.

Belakor said:
In other news, Auckland Armageddon is getting close, will probably start a topic for it soon. Probably the big draw, for people on here at least, would be Steve Downes voice of the Master Chief (if you didn't know that I'd keep quiet, someone might shoot you :p). He's signing autographs for free too :)

HOLY CRAP!!!! How did i not know this??

Hmmm, don't have the cash to fly over, but now I'm a little more motivated about the trans-tasman cosplay comp :D No-one can beat the awesomeness of my armour and the epic skit ive got planned. :cool

Belakor, i WILL see you there :p

In case people didn't know, the winner of the Armageddon Melbourne cosplay comp gets a free trip to Aukland armageddon, 4 nights accomodation in NZ, a VIP pass to amrageddon and $200 spending money.

p0rtalman said:
HOLY CRAP!!!! How did i not know this??

Hmmm, don't have the cash to fly over, but now I'm a little more motivated about the trans-tasman cosplay comp :D No-one can beat the awesomeness of my armour and the epic skit ive got planned. :cool

Belakor, i WILL see you there :p

In case people didn't know, the winner of the Armageddon Melbourne cosplay comp gets a free trip to Aukland armageddon, 4 nights accomodation in NZ, a VIP pass to amrageddon and $200 spending money.

I saw he was coming a while ago but totally forgot to post something sooner.

You'll have to make sure you win that comp! Would be good to finally meet someone else from here ;) I think I've only ever met Arowin. See if you can fit some of the other Aussie troopers in your luggage.

It's a pretty cool prize for sure! They probably haven't told you but there's a $200 tax for... err, something. You can just give it to me and I'll make sure it's put to good use :p :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back