Aus-Nz Member And Event List

Status
Not open for further replies.
p0rtalman said:
HOLY CRAP!!!! How did i not know this??

Hmmm, don't have the cash to fly over, but now I'm a little more motivated about the trans-tasman cosplay comp :D No-one can beat the awesomeness of my armour and the epic skit ive got planned. :cool

Belakor, i WILL see you there :p

In case people didn't know, the winner of the Armageddon Melbourne cosplay comp gets a free trip to Aukland armageddon, 4 nights accomodation in NZ, a VIP pass to amrageddon and $200 spending money.

If your going over, take some photos for me will you :D Now back to my Armour!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey joined up a few days ago I'm from Rotorua NZ, just started doing a bit of ODST armour though having trouble getting some of the folds right

Hope to see some of you up at geddon next month in aucks

Whiplash

Whiplash said:
Hey joined up a few days ago I'm from Rotorua NZ, just started doing a bit of ODST armour though having trouble getting some of the folds right

Hope to see some of you up at geddon next month in aucks

Whiplash

Added you to the list :)

Are you planning on being in armour at Armageddon? Haven't heard if any other locals are going to be there but I'll probably be around for the four days (Friday for setup).

Belakor said:
Added you to the list :)

Are you planning on being in armour at Armageddon? Haven't heard if any other locals are going to be there but I'll probably be around for the four days (Friday for setup).

If i manage to get it done by then, i got it all pep cut up in boxes waiting to be folded and glued but too poor atm for the resin and fiberglass etc

btw whats a good nz alt to bondo? as i havent seen it in shops

Whiplash said:
... btw whats a good nz alt to bondo? as i havent seen it in shops

Mitre 10 stocks some stuff from CRC called "Mendent all purpose plastic putty" and Supercheap has Septone Automotive "Car Filler". Both are basically the same thing, I think the Septone stuff may be a little cheaper. Other hardware stores may have the same or similar stuff too :)

Zerebin said:
Bring on Gencon, and ODST midnight launchs!

HAZZAH! :D

I'll no doubt see you at Brissy Gencon this weekend buddy. ;)

P.S. Welcome to the new Aus/NZ members too!

I've been thinking a little bit about a topic that got mentioned earlier in this thread (some time ago now) about what the Aus/NZ 405th members could call ourselves. I always liked the term ANZAC but out of respect for our soldiers and the work they do/have done I can understand why we won't go there.

But in the Halo future I don't see why there would not be some link back to that so I was thinking what about- ANZ-SaC -Australian/New Zealand Space Core. Any good?

Hey guys,say hello to your future AUS modeller(me),even though I'm starting off,I'll be spending a great big chunk of money and time studying and perfecting my modelling skills,any requests of models would be appreciated for my opening/debut model,you will also get a speech/special mention.If you go to the Halo 3 ODST:pepakura armor hread,you will see my little speech.tsk..tsk...

//Mjolnir Follower,out..//

Hey guys, I'm Kasterborus, many people refer to me as Kaster (Simply cos it's easier)

My usual nickname/callsign is Hawk, I like to play as Sniper and I watch you like a Hawk was what one of my mates said when he gave it to me.

Anwyays, I'm located on the Far South Coast of New South Wales in Australia, near the town of Bega. Many of you Aussies will know of Bega thanks to thisad...man did all the locals cringe when they put that ad out...

-Kaster

Just adding to the suppliers in Australia, FGI or FibreGlass International has the best prices on Fibreglassing products that I've found.

Resin is approx $15 p/l waxed or unwaxed, Chopped strand mat is approx $11 for 3sqm.

Website here http://www.fgi.com.au/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back