Aus-Nz Member And Event List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellas, took me a while to find this page, i've been searching for some fellow spartans for a while now and am glad to finally find some.

The names Ante and im down in Melbourne in Victoria. I just started on my on my halo 2 ODST pep and ive done the helmet right shin and shoulder guards, but the things is all mines done in normale REFLEX paper duhhhh!!! Will this hold if i apply the resin? i dont mind starting from scratch but only thing is whats tougher paper that can run through a printer and would any arts and crafts store stock it.

Its great to be here guys, hope u look forward to my constant questioning on everyhting to do with anything :p

and i think ANZ-SaC sounds awesome, and i think we should get some sort of emblem thing happening on the right shouldfer to recognise each other at events u know and like 405th on the right breastplate... jsut a thought :D. anyways hope your all well

Ante-011 said:
Hey fellas, took me a while to find this page, i've been searching for some fellow spartans for a while now and am glad to finally find some.

The names Ante and im down in Melbourne in Victoria...

Mr. Mango said:
Hi all, my name is martin, cousin of ante, he has got me into all of this and i just gotta say, AWESOME!

Added both of you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ante-011 said:

The names Ante and im down in Melbourne in Victoria. I just started on my on my halo 2 ODST pep and ive done the helmet right shin and shoulder guards, but the things is all mines done in normale REFLEX paper duhhhh!!! Will this hold if i apply the resin? i dont mind starting from scratch but only thing is whats tougher paper that can run through a printer and would any arts and crafts store stock it.

Its great to be here guys, hope u look forward to my constant questioning on everyhting to do with anything :p

and i think ANZ-SaC sounds awesome, and i think we should get some sort of emblem thing happening on the right shouldfer to recognise each other at events u know and like 405th on the right breastplate... jsut a thought :D . anyways hope your all well

Hey mate, I live in Bega, NSW, and have found that 200GSM Card-stock available for about 30c at the newsagents or Post Office is usually the best, I find it down the back of the store with the other crafts stuff. Like the big cardboard sheets that schoolkids make projects and stuff on. Usually in that section.

Also, I might just think of Photoshopping a logo, any suggestions as to a theme/elements to put in the design?

-Kaster

Kasterborus said:
Hey mate, I live in Bega, NSW, and have found that 200GSM Card-stock available for about 30c at the newsagents or Post Office is usually the best, I find it down the back of the store with the other crafts stuff. Like the big cardboard sheets that schoolkids make projects and stuff on. Usually in that section.

Also, I might just think of Photoshopping a logo, any suggestions as to a theme/elements to put in the design?

-Kaster

thanks for the quick reply kaster, i hit my local newsagent they didnt have anything, but ill look out for it.

Cheers belakor

Ante-011 said:
thanks for the quick reply kaster, i hit my local newsagent they didnt have anything, but ill look out for it.

Cheers belakor

That's ok mate. You can use the large sheets and cut that into A4 sizes, same size really. But Reflex paper will just crumble and turn to a pay mush. It's not designed to be lathered in things like Resin.

Just FYI, I have found carstock of that grade will go through HP, Dell and Lexmark Printers, all of which I have used over the years, mine is a HP PSC 1200 and my mothers is a HP PSC 2100, both go fine. What kind of printer do you have??

-Kaster

Ante, if there's an Officeworks near you, try that.

Look for Tablex brand 200gsm cardstock, you'll find it near the normal printer paper and near the big sheets of card. It comes in a variety of colours but white is cheaper by like $1 (cost me $11 for 100 sheets).

My cheap HP Deskjet D2560 prints on it easilly

Kasterborus said:
That's ok mate. You can use the large sheets and cut that into A4 sizes, same size really. But Reflex paper will just crumble and turn to a pay mush. It's not designed to be lathered in things like Resin.

Just FYI, I have found carstock of that grade will go through HP, Dell and Lexmark Printers, all of which I have used over the years, mine is a HP PSC 1200 and my mothers is a HP PSC 2100, both go fine. What kind of printer do you have??

-Kaster

alright guys i got 250 pages of 200gsm papaer 22 dollars at officeworks. seems like a deccent price all in a4 size aswell. thanks all for the help

In melbourne i found this great store, they're a supplier for the police, its pricy but its got all u need to be an odst i'll get the name and exact location when i go there this thursday. But if im to go odst for halloween i got a small problem, my sidearm i cant make one in time, so i was hoping someone in vic already had a mold that they can use to make help make me a gun, or else ill have to go with my hunting knife which is awesome and has a compass on the hilt so i wont get lost :pbut id prefer having a sidearm also

Not exactly sure what the rules are south of the border, but I showed a pic of the 2 ODST's standing together to the local Senior Constable in my town (Someone who is always happy to help with stuff like this) and he pointed to parts and outlined some general rules:

UniformAwareness.jpg

1. Helmets - Be sure to be able to take them off, especially when walking into shopping centers and such. As a general rule, someone wearing a helmet is trying to conceal identity, so thus, people may panic
  2. Knives - Nice toy plastic ones from Toy Kingdom, carry a real knife, and the police will show you the business end of a real gun, and probably what a real set of handcuffs feels like.
  3. Prop Guns - As Australia isn't primarily a Halloween Country, people see what looks to be a battle dressed Special Forces Soldier walking down the street, they'll call the cops. Just because someone who knows guns can see that an ODST Rifle isn't an actual gun, most people are ignorant and will panic
  4. Insignia - Be careful when displaying official looking insignia, again, some people will not realize that it is Halloween, they will see what appears to be an armed soldier with official markings
  5. Misc Items - Things like computer screens, pistols, fake Grenades, Handcuffs, all these things can also be thrown on, but remember, you will look more and more like a soldier. Thus, people are more and more likely to panic.

As for the weapons part, he said he couldn't stress enough the flightyness of some people to panic when seeing a toy gun, after all, we should all remember This piece of news from Bungie.

Just some helpful advice mate :)

-Kaster

Kasterborus said:
Not exactly sure what the rules are south of the border, but I showed a pic of the 2 ODST's standing together to the local Senior Constable in my town (Someone who is always happy to help with stuff like this) and he pointed to parts and outlined some general rules:

UniformAwareness.jpg

1. Helmets - Be sure to be able to take them off, especially when walking into shopping centers and such. As a general rule, someone wearing a helmet is trying to conceal identity, so thus, people may panic
  2. Knives - Nice toy plastic ones from Toy Kingdom, carry a real knife, and the police will show you the business end of a real gun, and probably what a real set of handcuffs feels like.
  3. Prop Guns - As Australia isn't primarily a Halloween Country, people see what looks to be a battle dressed Special Forces Soldier walking down the street, they'll call the cops. Just because someone who knows guns can see that an ODST Rifle isn't an actual gun, most people are ignorant and will panic
  4. Insignia - Be careful when displaying official looking insignia, again, some people will not realize that it is Halloween, they will see what appears to be an armed soldier with official markings
  5. Misc Items - Things like computer screens, pistols, fake Grenades, Handcuffs, all these things can also be thrown on, but remember, you will look more and more like a soldier. Thus, people are more and more likely to panic.

As for the weapons part, he said he couldn't stress enough the flightyness of some people to panic when seeing a toy gun, after all, we should all remember This piece of news from Bungie.

Just some helpful advice mate :)

-Kaster

its a house party and everyone there i kinda know so no one will panic. the knife can be strapped so it cant be pulled out. but i might go with a capgun who knows

Ok, just saying, be careful where you wear this stuff. Still, carrying around a real knife is a bad idea. I personally carry a pocket knife, but at parties...well...who knows...I leave mine in my car

-Kaster

Kasterborus said:
... Still, carrying around a real knife is a bad idea...

Just to expand on this a little. In some places it is illegal to carry knives on your person so you may want to be careful having a real one on you. You'd probably be fine but it might pay to err on the side of caution.

Also, as far as the public goes, you want to be careful transporting your gear as well. Make sure weapons are kept well out of sight when you're going to and from a venue. One of the Aussie 501st troopers had lots of problems when a member of the public saw the butt of his E-11 sticking out of a backpack while he was in his Imperial trooper (I think?) costume... it was pretty big news in the costuming circles, I think he got off the charges but I'm pretty sure they destroyed his blaster.

Yeah, as I said. Carry a real knife with no actual reason. The police will show you real handcuffs and a real gun.

And prop guns DO make people flighty. Trust me, been there, done that. Had a toy M4 on my back seat from my younger cousin, the orange cap had fallen off the end and I hadn't noticed. Got pulled over for an RBT and when teh cop saw it I was looking at the business end of a Glock .45. T took the toy and I got a nice scare.

Don't risk it. With the new Terrorism laws, they CAN and WILL label you as a terrorist, if you strike fear into people because of your costume, you have committed a crime. They can charge you, even public nuisance is a huge fine (Up to $5,000 I think, maybe more) and there is also the possibility of gaol time for fake guns and real knives.

-Kaster

As for the knife, ill be molding the Kershaw responder very soon, ill let everyone know when i do that and have casts available.

In more important news, i just got back from the big con for the year, Armageddon expo.

It was an absolute blast! I deputed my WETA ODST there, to very good reception, i met a few people who have been on the 405th and told a few others about it.

I will post pics of my ODST just as soon as i get some uploaded.

Ok ive come to the conclusion that the knife will stay at home lol but its a really cool knife i mean AWESOMELY cool knife. but i guess that cops wont exactly say it in those words would they :pso im thinking of going for a capgun from a toystore hopefuly a good looking one unless someone has a mould for a M6D preferably that i can use. anyways i got the glue the paper the full odst suit printed and ive found my undergarments, and i got my paint method down pact. so i got a week to put it all together and some. gona be a busy boy now

lol thanks for the information kasterborus , i was planning on doing a strut down the street in my mc suit, i have no prop weapons yet so i dont think i have anything to worry about , well least i have some info so i can be more alert to those situations

edit*

: would paint "FAKE" in big bould yellow or bright colour writing be better for a prop weapon maybe? i'd think it would kinda ruin it , oh well bag to carrying it in a long bag then i guess :p

GiR3892 said:
lol thanks for the information kasterborus , i was planning on doing a strut down the street in my mc suit, i have no prop weapons yet so i dont think i have anything to worry about , well least i have some info so i can be more alert to those situations

edit*

: would paint "FAKE" in big bould yellow or bright colour writing be better for a prop weapon maybe? i'd think it would kinda ruin it , oh well bag to carrying it in a long bag then i guess :p

No probs mate. Anytime. I'm just happy to help. I'm planning my own ODST suit to play paintball in. Can't wait.

-Kaster

so guys, what are ya'll up to on halloween? Anyone went to the gold coast movieworld for halloween fright night dressed in armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back