Aus-Nz Member And Event List

Status
Not open for further replies.
no i didnt sorry , dont bash me for this but what day was halloween actually on? lol i dont really take much notice of american events even though it was mentioned everywhere on this site

I'll be attending Halloween movieworld on Saturday the 31st, but i am not sure what i will be wearing :p

GiR3892 said:
no i didnt sorry , dont bash me for this but what day was halloween actually on? lol i dont really take much notice of american events even though it was mentioned everywhere on this site

yeah its on the 31st of october every october. except derby day is on that day here in melb so my hallowwen party im invited to is on the 30th so trick or treating at 12am is gona be a blast as an odst with my cousin whos a ninja lol

Last edited by a moderator:
lol it shounds awesome wel theres always next year for me to do something awesome for haloween sinceive made my own workshop now :D im really thinking about marin cross odst armor for my next build

GiR3892 said:
lol it shounds awesome wel theres always next year for me to do something awesome for haloween sinceive made my own workshop now :D im really thinking about marin cross odst armor for my next build

kinda what im doing halo 3 marine/odst :p

Ante-011 said:
kinda what im doing halo 3 marine/odst :p

sounds pretty cool , might have to arange a photoshoot one day ;) to show of australia's tallents :p

Mr. Mango said:
Yeh u 4got 2 put in the AWESOME ninja. :p

Practice pep has gone well, now i need the good paper...pls ante

haha yeahy, ive pepped everything and i bought all my undergear i swear i went allout, found this store its called platatack or something of the sort in melbourne, corner of lil bourke and elizabeth in jus walk a lil bit up lil bourke the way the cars are going and on the left you will see it, they sell gear to the police and shyte, its mad as, i got my vest there and belt with stun grenade holders (they look like magazine puches to) and they are the exact shape as those seen on the odsts. though it is a lil pricey its all legit. oh and i got my exarmy pants from aussie disposals, and mitchels has a clearence sale on russel street id you want gp boots hats even uniforms worth checking out if you got the time and live in melbourne. (be warned platack can be pricey, but all the gear is legit (vest belt and 2*stun grenade holders cost me $200)

oh yeah i figured out how to use resin properly i did my shoulder coz it was theasiest to make so i wouldnt mind stuffing it up but it worked out well. the stuffs awesome except when it sticks your hands together(gforgot to wear gloves) but if you do ht esame wash your hands with some washing detergent i used omo :pthe stuff works well. ill take photos soon and start my own thread in the noob forum its gona look sick. my bro can get me a pair of replica colts most likely, but im still gona aim to make an AR. oh and martin i need your holster and green army belt.

Ok let me say something,plain resin can be touched,just wash your hands thoroughly,I got a large amount of expanding foam on my hands,i melted some of it off with acetone,but now i have my hands cotaed in expanding foam and have to peel off the dried foam.Moral is WEAR f***ING gloves.

I wouldn't recommend not wearing gloves when fiberglassing/resining, especially if you're using a resin with a MEKP (Methyl ethyl ketone peroxide) catalyst. That is seriously toxic stuff and "is a severe skin irritant and can cause progressive corrosive damage or blindness".

Also people may be more sensitive to the chemicals than others so you should really wear all the appropriate protective gear while working with chemicals just to be safe.

Another reminder, make sure you don't use latex gloves when working with silicon. Latex inhibits the curing of silicon.

Curly said:
just wondering guys, how many of you actually have completed costumes?

I'd say maybe somewhere around a dozen or so? All but one being from Aus and me being the one in NZ.

For any Kiwis out there that may have armour or are working on armour, I would highly recommend trying to finish up your suits before March of next year... same goes for any Aussies that are willing to make the trek over here for a possible event.

Can't say any more right now but if it happens it will be worth attending :) Stay tuned...

We should start adding completed costumes to the member list at the front perhaps? like who has what completed costumes etc.

Belakor- Are you talking about Christchurch Armageddon? Because if Steve Blum is still going to be there, so will i :D (in other costumes for some of it, all his characters, but ill find some time for the ODST :D)

p0rtalman said:
We should start adding completed costumes to the member list at the front perhaps? like who has what completed costumes etc.

Yeah, I think it'd help. I tried it out a while back with my own gear but didn't get any feedback so I wasn't sure if we wanted it or not.

If everyone posts what they've got I can add it up front :)

p0rtalman said:
Belakor- Are you talking about Christchurch Armageddon? Because if Steve Blum is still going to be there, so will i :D (in other costumes for some of it, all his characters, but ill find some time for the ODST :D )

Nope, not CHCH Geddon but it'll be as cool or more so ;) Once stuff is confirmed I'll post more but for now it's just something to keep in mind and maybe a good reason for people to finish stuff off in time :)

This event sounds intriguing... If its close enough to CH Armageddon i might be able to make it :D

Add ODST to my completed, no more Master chief, thats been sold.

p0rtalman said:
... Add ODST to my completed, no more Master chief, thats been sold.

Added that to the first post, also did some formatting and re-tasked the first couple of posts in the thread to clean everything up a little.

well I'm gonna start work on my ODST costume when i go back to singapore at the end of the year. If i do complete it, I might just decide to pack it up and haul it over to brisbane. No idea when I'd use it though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back