Aus-Nz Member And Event List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update man, how long did it take for you to finish up that Link AR?

Also, do you know any events coming up in NSW?

I haven't completely finished it yet, but its assembled and almost ready to paint, i just need to fill in a few gaps. It will be done this weekend :D

Yep, there's HEAPS of stuff happening in NSW in the next few months!
There Sydney supanova on June 26-28 http://www.supanova.com.au/
and next weekend there's Animania mini in sydney (March 28). But thats all for japanese anime and games, not the mainstream style convention like supanova and armageddon. But its worth going too even if your not an anime fan, but just for the awesome cosplayers.
http://animania.net.au
There's also Animania main, September 5-6, 2009 at the Australian Technology Park, Everleigh, NSW.

You also have GenCon later in the year: http://www.genconoz.com/
And SMASH : http://www.smash.org.au/ (SMASH is another Anime con)

Hey P0rtalman, atleast you got your AR I don't know what happen to my one, it never arrived. Gotta try to speak to link again. Ya coming down to sydney for any of this stuff?

yeah id get onto that, you just have to keep reminding him :lol:
Na i cant make it up to sydney for anything this year, to much school and not enough cash :cautious:

The Patch is pretty much ready to make some of. I'm Pricing up some of it now, Initial Run will probably cost me about $100 to make only 5 to 10 of them, so they won't be cheap. But i aim to make every run different so we can have unique patchs :)

I've got one of Adam's ARs, they're not that bad, but honestly, it can't beat Links'. How was painting your AR? Mine's all spraypaint and sanding, Adam said he would give me some instructions, but I guess he's too busy to really write up any for me.

Also, Zerebin, nice stuff man, what are you going to do with the first batch?

Link's AR's come out nicely if you take your time to work on it, fill in the bubbles and whatnot, Adam's is probably easier to finish off. A plus of links is the extra space for an electronic kit.
Z- cant wait for these patches :D I'm thinking ill sew one onto my ODST gear.

Juliet Seven Six reporting for duty. Another Brissy boy joins the ranks. ;)

Zerebin said:
The Patch is pretty much ready to make some of. I'm Pricing up some of it now, Initial Run will probably cost me about $100 to make only 5 to 10 of them, so they won't be cheap. But i aim to make every run different so we can have unique patchs :)

Hey Zerebin, I'm pretty sure I've seen you around the cons/zombie walks in Brisbane over the years. Let me know if you need some funds contributed to get the patches done, I'd love to get one from the intial run if they're not all pre-ordered. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last_Chael reporting in :D

My name is Abi and I know a few of you already *looks at Zerebin* Brissie native currently living in Adelaide, studying costume :D My boyfriend (Matt) is planning on making an ODST trooper to go with Zerebin's Chief, so I have been convinced to do a Commander Keyes outfit to join y'all in the Halo universe :D

Currently still researching (any help appreciated!), but aiming to have it done for GenCon later this year.

Nice to meet you all!

p0rtalman said:
Wow, Z's certainly not short on 405th members up in brissie...

Welcome everyone :D

Thanks pOrtalman. I think Zerebin's too busy getting his suit's ready for SupaNova this weekend to post. :p

I might just go to one of the con.s to get some more inspiration on my armour and stuff, whats been holding me back is the resin and fiberglassing though.....

Shackz said:
IMA AUSSIE!!! lol yea im from Victoria in Australia also =D

I just noticed that today. :D

Loving your work so far on your Carmine helment Shackz. Even though... you know... it's Carmine's.... :lol ;)

Major mawrTRON reporting for duty. Auckland NZ.

Dammit I'm glad I stumbled across this thread.

Someones gotta rep for all the Kiwis and Ausseys out there.

Any one going to the Armageddon expo in Auckland October 09? cause we will all pile into my car, would make an awesome photo.

p0rtalman said:
Welcome aboard mawrTRON!

Hope TK-NZ adds me to the first post soon, lol. PM attack!!!

We don't see NZ-TK around very often any more, i occasionally send a PM to one of the mods asking to update this thread, i might do so again soon.

p0rtalman said:
We don't see NZ-TK around very often any more, i occasionally send a PM to one of the mods asking to update this thread, i might do so again soon.

Yeah it might be a good idea, I love TK and his rogue helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back