Aus-Nz Member And Event List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curly said:
well I'm gonna start work on my ODST costume when i go back to singapore at the end of the year. If i do complete it, I might just decide to pack it up and haul it over to brisbane. No idea when I'd use it though lol.

Wear it to Brisnova (Supanova Brisbane) lol

Last edited by a moderator:
p0rtalman said:
... Because if Steve Blum is still going to be there, so will i :D ...

They just updated the site and he is attending, doesn't say which of the two but I'm guessing it's probably both :)

http://armageddonexpo.com/nz/anime-manga-cartoons/#skiptop

Not a lot that looks all that interesting to me at either event so far but hopefully they add some more cool guests between now and then. Kane Hodder could be interesting though.

aww man, i havent been on this topic in ages! after reading the posts from where i've left off, im REALLY going to get a move on with my armour, especially now that im finished uni until march.

Nice to see a few more Victorians since last time i was here :)

I just hit a snag in my armor, not a big one...well maybe it is, but at least I can now have some help :D I just got a new Job that now requires me to start on December 1st and will keep me occupied until the end of February with just the basic Training, and then on to god knows where so I may have no ability to make or use armor. But oh well, I'll at least be able to consult with the Fitter-Armaments and all the other guys in that area who can help me with it.

-Kaster

Yeh hopefully I'f I get my suit done (mk6), I'll be able to march with you guys. That would be sweet :p

on another note MY PC DIED!!!!! :( so I don't have any more pepakura . Sigh just when I was unfolding stuff for people . I have a new project coming up for you guys and it going to be awesome

Sure has been a while since i last posted exams have got me on my toes at the moment, last one is next tueday i cant wait to get back to finishing my marine, didnt end up completing it for haloween, but all my undergarments with a set of blackhawk knee pads and a scoped ak-107 made me look kinda dangerous anywasy so i got my balistic glasses and volla, i was a tactical one man insertion unit... who is striving to be a marine. Hows everyones progress going, GiR weren't you going to do a halo 3 marine/odst, hows taht working out for ya

This is a very helpful index, but i also wanted to ask, i went to autobarns and super cheap auto (In victoria) and i also noticed that they sell polyster Fibreglass resin it had came with the resin and catalyst, i was pretty happy to fnd that the do sell it but when i read the desciption again, they said it was only 250ml (http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...e-Fibreglass-Repair-Kit.aspx?pid=1638#details) Would that be enough, it seems like it's the only place near me that sells them. What should i do?

Quinn said:
This is a very helpful index, but i also wanted to ask, i went to autobarns and super cheap auto (In victoria) and i also noticed that they sell polyster Fibreglass resin it had came with the resin and catalyst, i was pretty happy to fnd that the do sell it but when i read the desciption again, they said it was only 250ml ( http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...e-Fibreglass-Repair-Kit.aspx?pid=1638#details ) Would that be enough, it seems like it's the only place near me that sells them. What should i do?

I have used that stuff in the past, basically it's the same as what I use now but smaller quantities and packaged for Septone (and more expensive). I can't remember exactly how much I got out of it but you'd probably be able to do a helmet and some other parts with that, would really depend on how many layers you use.

I'd probably pick one of the kits up if you can't find anything else and see how far you get.

Belakor said:
I have used that stuff in the past, basically it's the same as what I use now but smaller quantities and packaged for Septone (and more expensive). I can't remember exactly how much I got out of it but you'd probably be able to do a helmet and some other parts with that, would really depend on how many layers you use.

I'd probably pick one of the kits up if you can't find anything else and see how far you get.

So proberbly just buy multiple sets? Seeing as your soaking a fibreglass mat in it will soak up alot.

Quinn said:
So proberbly just buy multiple sets? Seeing as your soaking a fibreglass mat in it will soak up alot.

well there is actually 2 really good places for buying fiberglass sheets , either try super cheap auto like belakor mentioned or go to bunnings warehouse

i do know that bunnings sells it by the square meter for $27 and it last a very long time depending on the use

hope this helps

I don't know where in Victoria you are, but FGI (Fibreglass International) http://www.fgi.com.au/?q=springvale-vic in Springvale will have cheap matting, cloth & resin. The mat I get from them is about $11 for 3sqm. Resin usually about $15 p/l. And always get waxed resin. Unwaxed will always retain a tacky feel.

Mkay, i went to supercheap auto today and found the amazing "Fibreglass Repair Kit" and to be honest, i really liked it, it was complete with catalyist, stirring stick Polyster resin, mixing cup, and a paintbrush. But when i was looking through the shelves i saw this: http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...e-Fibreglass-Filler-3kg.aspx?pid=3144#details . I asked them if it was the right one which meant that it contained the catalyst and had the pastey texture. He replied he didn't know. Is this the right one?

Quinn said:
Mkay, i went to supercheap auto today and found the amazing "Fibreglass Repair Kit" and to be honest, i really liked it, it was complete with catalyist, stirring stick Polyster resin, mixing cup, and a paintbrush. But when i was looking through the shelves i saw this: http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...e-Fibreglass-Filler-3kg.aspx?pid=3144#details . I asked them if it was the right one which meant that it contained the catalyst and had the pastey texture. He replied he didn't know. Is this the right one?

I'm pretty sure that stuff is like what they refer to as Bondo Hair in the States. It's basically a body filler with glass fibers mixed in for strength. For armour building I don't think it's a lot of help, it is strong but the fibers make it pretty messy.

The repair kit should be good for what you need, they're always handy since they've got everything inside :)

yeh make sure you get the kits it'll save you maybe $15 to $20

i get the fiberglass kit 3 at bunnings for $57 complet with :

1sqm fiberglass mat

1kg resin

1 - 2 20 ml catalyst

disposible brush

instruction sheet measuring cup

i think thats it but also make sure you get acetone for cleaning the brushes

hi folks just introducing myself. Posting from sydney. Just started my own armor project. Aiming to debut at next sydney Supanova

Hi Guys, just letting let you know I'm back on deck for a little while. I'll be working on my MK VI Armour. P0rtalman we should catch up, Guys I'll be on MSN latter tonight if anyone want to chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back