Aus-Nz Member And Event List

Status
Not open for further replies.
well im back after settling in and finally able to afford net, sadly i missed geddon aucks, but am gearing up for geddon welly in april ^.^

Oh lost my resined and part fibreglassed odst in a moving/tv falling on box it was stored in disaster

anyway chur again... lol

Seems us aus/NZ lot have been pretty quite lately.

Its not a halo related matter but i just though i would mention that I'm competing in the World Cosplay Summit (WCS) this year, ill be in the first round at sydney animania in march (20th) with Will, an amazing cosplayer from sydney, our team name is "where there are wills there are ways".

So if your into anime, come check out Animania and the WCS and cheer us on!!! its great fun and there are some absolutely amazing costumes, including our own :D

p0rtalman said:
Seems us aus/NZ lot have been pretty quite lately.

That doesn't mean we've stopped working on stuff totally though, good luck with the comp Portalman! ;)

I also have an unrelated note, but one that affects Aussie gamers, so I thought I'd post it here-

A discussion paper designed to stimulate debate about Australia getting an R18+ classification for video games has finally been released! It can be viewed at- http://www.ag.gov.au/gamesclassification -the public are invited to answer questions on the subject and also put forward any (brief) views they want heard. This is finally our chance to have our say on games like GTA4, Fallout 3 & Left 4 Dead 2 being censored before they reach our hands. Hurry, submissions MUST be in by February 28.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, we have all been a busy bunch it seems. But with the con season starting up properly in 3 months, time to show off what we have been making.

Hello fellow aussies and honorable kiwi neighbors :)

Thought if i poked around enough i might fight a thread like this. I'm Australian, based in Brisbane and only recently discovered this 405th community but have been eager to build armors like this for a while. I'm hopeful to get started on my 1st project soon and was wondering if i could get some help/info from more local source.

As far as the build process goes, ive been reading the stickies and tutorials on the forums for the last few days and am confident ill manage, my only hiccup is that the materials and supplies mentioned are american, so im not sure as to what im looking for here at home, mainly the resins and "bondo" (or automotive body filler). If you're aware of any reliable brands or know of places/shops i can go to purchase these things, i'd appreciate it very much.

Cheers

MetalFr3q said:
... If you're aware of any reliable brands or know of places/shops i can go to purchase these things, i'd appreciate it very much.

Cheers

Places to go, that I can think of not being in Ausand all, would probably be Supercheap, Repco, Mitre10, or maybe Bunnings and for brands (of bondo/filler) the two I know of are CRC/Mendent (which is normally in Repco and Mitre10) and Septone which I've found in Supercheap. Not sure what brands Bunnings would stock but they're bound to have something.

I think pretty much any major hardware or automotive stores should have something,resins I'm not so sure of brands but I know Repco and Supercheap both stock some (usually small repair kits).

Also welcome :) I'll update the front page again... been a while since this topic was up here.

Belakor said:
Places to go, that I can think of not being in Ausand all, would probably be Supercheap, Repco, Mitre10, or maybe Bunnings and for brands (of bondo/filler) the two I know of are CRC/Mendent (which is normally in Repco and Mitre10) and Septone which I've found in Supercheap. Not sure what brands Bunnings would stock but they're bound to have something.

I think pretty much any major hardware or automotive stores should have something,resins I'm not so sure of brands but I know Repco and Supercheap both stock some (usually small repair kits).

Also welcome :) I'll update the front page again... been a while since this topic was up here.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

And thank you for the info. Got a good choice of places to check out for materials and should do well in getting me started. :)

Cheers

Thought i should say hi as well. I got interested in making a spartan bucket but had other interests at the time so shoved it to the side. My name's Mitchell i'm 22, and are heavily into star wars. I currently have a TK stormtrooper, and am working on a snow trooper and also have 2 clones coming in the mail. I live in brisbane and have only recently started getting into vacuforming and pepakura. So yeah just thought id say hi. So hi.

juliet76 said:
Sooo, anyone else going to be at the Brisvegas Supanova this weekend? :)

Yea myself and TERRA Operative are planning to go on the Saturday, sadly we found the 405th too late so we got no costumes :( but should be an eye opener. Ive never been to a con before :D

Would that I could Juliet, but I've got the ODST kits I ordered from Sean to finish for Perthnova, and various other things that cost money, like getting a car loan. Awesome lineup of guests though. Perthnova looks like it might be kinda fail

This is my 1st post here, joined yesterday, 1st lurked over 2 years ago

and I am another NEW ZEALAND MEMBER :D

Reuben, NZ Dunedin, no completed costumes yet but I have a couple of projects on the move ;)

MetalFr3q said:
Yea myself and TERRA Operative are planning to go on the Saturday, sadly we found the 405th too late so we got no costumes :( but should be an eye opener. Ive never been to a con before :D

Hey MetalFr3q. Don't worry, I joined the forum about a year ago and the closest I've got to a costume is a 3/4 peeped helmet! I'm sure you guys'll enjoy yourselves, there's plenty to see and do and to BUY. I'll be there each day so if you see a guy that looks like my avatar (minus the cigar, googles and giant cartoonish M90A) you're more than welcome to come over and say hi. I'm keen to meet some more fellow 405thers. :D

Tango 89er said:
Would that I could Juliet, but I've got the ODST kits I ordered from Sean to finish for Perthnova, and various other things that cost money, like getting a car loan. Awesome lineup of guests though. Perthnova looks like it might be kinda fail

Damn real life. But it must be admitted that a car sure does come in handy for collecting building supplies. ;)

Reuben said:
This is my 1st post here, joined yesterday, 1st lurked over 2 years ago

and I am another NEW ZEALAND MEMBER :D

Reuben, NZ Dunedin, no completed costumes yet but I have a couple of projects on the move ;)

Welcome Reuben. Good to see another NZ member. I probably started lurking around the same time you did, the forum registration was locked a lot more back then and I missed a couple of occasions when it got opened. Nearly fell over backwards when I first got to join. :p

Welcome Brissy folks. I have been getting all my fibreglass supplies from FGI in Wacol. Link. By far the cheapest anywhere & they have evrything you'll need for that side of the build. Automotive body filler is readily available at Supercheap.

Bunnings I use for paints & brushes only, their bog & FG is too expensive.

I'm in Anstead if you need anything.

Insert Username Here Australia, Victoria, in the alnd o' Govener Gipps :D

And what ever you guys say there is no way us VICTORIAN "Bogans" Are gonna put pink on our armor :)

Debut at 2010 Sydney Supanova seemed pretty successful. Went as an ODST. Outfit wasn't up to scratch but many people wanted photos so i guess it was much better than i thought. Didn't see any other Halo guys so guess i was there on my own on the Saturday.
My friends and I will be going to next year's Supanova as Noble team. This time round i'll be using pep files instead of a scratch build. Want to do it right this time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back