Just Venting Frustration... And Anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpent ZX

Damn kids next door tore down my wonderful Paint Booth... 2 times. First mistake was building it with PVC as a frame, and leaving it outside to finish after work... Guess, the little kids next door just had to see if it was a jungle jim, or not.
Then I decided I would do it one more time behind the house, with a little thicker PVC, and this time it had a huge hole in the side... And inside... a ball. The same ball they play with... What is with their facisnation with destroying my stuff. Their parents tell me they just like me, and were curious, and they are sorry... But sorry doesn't cover $100... Whatever. I rather not make a big deal... I don't want enemies. The thrid time will be wood, and at my brother's house where it can't be touched. So... :p

Then, the one day I come home thinking I could sit down with the helmet, and actually get some major work into it in terms of sitting the LEDs, priming it, putting the wires in, and all that other nifty stuff, people show up. Friends show up, and wanted to have a cook out... Just a random cook out. Ok... I slowly do what I wanted to do in the first place, while barely making any prgress since I was being heavily distracted. Finally, the girls leave cause they got bored, and wanted to go shopping, the other friend starts watching TV, and the other... Cancels his date he had later to pass out on my couch. (Don't ask, I have no clue why) So, while snoring wickedly loud... We got very agitated, and pulled a prank on him... Not sure if it's very appropriate... But he should know by now to not sleep near me, and this other particular friend. Last time we drew a mustache, and a giant 'thing' on his face, and some other little things... When his drunk a** woke up, he wanted to go out, and eat. I asked him if he had to go to the bathroom, but he said no. So we go to WalMart, and then to AppleBee's, and then get home. He finally goes to the bathroom, and notices what he had been doing all night. Parading around town with VERY disturbing things on his face. Boy was he angry. Heh. :lol: And he was wondering why people were laughing at him. Maybe I'll post a pic if people are interested and I can find it. LOL I'll even post a link to what we did to him this week... But you should probably be like 18. LOL

More venting...

The past week, I have been stuck in such little holes, and vents, in full gear, I am serious when I say I was afraid I was going to get stuck. So many wires, pipes, and steel hangers sticking out... It rips you to shreds, and your gear becomes useless very quick. Then the damn STO guys shooting off the torpedo tubes, and then a gush of hot air, with metal burrs, fiberglass, and pennies that have accidentally fallen from people's pockets come flying up, and spank you in the face. The air so thick with fiberglass, and fumes you can actually see, and feel it like thick fog. This is the pleasure I get for being one of the few that are in good shape, and very flexible... I get to crawl in vents, and holes. Sheesh! I really wish I had a picture to show to let a lot of people know just how easy they have it when it comes to really nasty jobs... But... At least it pays well.

And speaking of that... Today really topped the cake when some other trade dropped their flashlight in a bilge area near an accelerometer... So everyone on the boat starts looking for me before I leave... I had JUST cleaned up my mess, and got all cleaned up, and thought this would be the first day I would make it home with out the special itch fiberglass gives so well. Just tossed my suit, and my cartridges out, and cleaned my tools. Just as I make my way to the ladder to get the hell out of the boat, they grab me... NOOO!!! Oh yes... I look at them after they tell me what they did, and say, "This... This is a f***ing joke right? Do I look like a clown to you? See me laughing? Your... Serious...?" And instead of fishing it out... They actually had the balls to ask me to go crawl down in the wet, disgusting, filthy bilge area, with no PPE, a fully used up respirator, and a pair of ripped up dex gloves. Wow! I feel so absolutely delicious right now. I am still itchy. Why the jerks couldn't just get it tomorrow is beyond me. I only exposed myself to raw Lead, and the purest fiberglass powder that the damn Navy could get their hands on. Probably radiation too... Who the hell knows.

"and a giant ***** on his face, and some other little things..."

Little bit too far? You know, there's minors on this board. Yes it's funny to do that to people but when there's people as young as 9 years old on here, that isn't appropriate.

"LOL I'll even post a link to what we did to him this week"

No thanks.

Now just edit your post before a mod sees it. :unsure:

EDIT: Also, can't you bring that up with an officer or something, that just doesn't seem right to me. Good luck though. I hope nothing bad turns out of that.

Scott said:
The past week, I have been stuck in such little holes, and vents, in full gear, I am serious when I say I was afraid I was going to get stuck. So many wires, pipes, and steel hangers sticking out... It rips you to shreds, and your gear becomes useless very quick. Then the damn STO guys shooting off the torpedo tubes, and then a gush of hot air, with metal burrs, fiberglass, and pennies that have accidentally fallen from people's pockets come flying up, and spank you in the face. The air so thick with fiberglass, and fumes you can actually see, and feel it like thick fog. This is the pleasure I get for being one of the few that are in good shape, and very flexible... I get to crawl in vents, and holes. Sheesh! I really wish I had a picture to show to let a lot of people know just how easy they have it when it comes to really nasty jobs... But... At least it pays well.

And speaking of that... Today really topped the cake when some other trade dropped their flashlight in a bilge area near an accelerometer... So everyone on the boat starts looking for me before I leave... I had JUST cleaned up my mess, and got all cleaned up, and thought this would be the first day I would make it home with out the special itch fiberglass gives so well. Just tossed my suit, and my cartridges out, and cleaned my tools. Just as I make my way to the ladder to get the hell out of the boat, they grab me... NOOO!!! Oh yes... I look at them after they tell me what they did, and say, "This... This is a f***ing joke right? Do I look like a clown to you? See me laughing? Your... Serious...?" And instead of fishing it out... They actually had the balls to ask me to go crawl down in the wet, disgusting, filthy bilge area, with no PPE, a fully used up respirator, and a pair of ripped up dex gloves. Wow! I feel so absolutely delicious right now. I am still itchy. Why the jerks couldn't just get it tomorrow is beyond me. I only exposed myself to raw Lead, and the purest fiberglass powder that the damn Navy could get their hands on. Probably radiation too... Who the hell knows.

Wow, that sucks. But out of curiosity...

What submarine are you on? (Class, name, number )

Last edited by a moderator:
:( Major league craptastic!! I hope you're ok form all the wonderful junk you were exposed too. Maybe you should call Discovery and have the guy from "Dirty JObs" try yours for a day XD

Hope ya can finish your armor!

I only exposed myself to raw Lead, and the purest fiberglass powder that the damn Navy could get their hands on. Probably radiation too... Who the hell knows.
Perhaps you will get lucky and develop super powers :D
I sympathies with u man, I've had a fair crap weekend, but yours sounds more painful... (except the drawing on your friends face, that sounds like endless fun!)

Class: Virginia Class Attack Submarine
Name: USS New Hampshire
Number: SSN-778

Oh, and I didn't mean I would show the picture on here. Sorry, my mistake. And I didn't realize what I wrote. Thought for sure it wouldn't show. I usually put a bunch of *** where something bad is to bleep it out. At least I didn't use some other very inappropriate slang terms... I meant if anyone PMed me for a good laugh, I would show them... If I could find it. And I did say you should be 18 to view.

And as for an officer... He wouldn't. We are friends, that just happen to play really nasty, disturbing pranks on each other. Just nobody has yet to get me. LOL We like to have fun too, ya know.

You were right, Sorry.

Scott said:
Class: Virginia Class Attack Submarine
Name: USS New Hampshire
Number: SSN-778

Oh, and I didn't mean I would show the picture on here. Sorry, my mistake. And I didn't realize what I wrote. Thought for sure it wouldn't show. I usually put a bunch of *** where something bad is to bleep it out. At least I didn't use some other very inappropriate slang terms... I meant if anyone PMed me for a good laugh, I would show them... If I could find it. And I did say you should be 18 to view.

And as for an officer... He wouldn't. We are friends, that just happen to play really nasty, disturbing pranks on each other. Just nobody has yet to get me. LOL We like to have fun too, ya know.

You were right, Sorry.

Wow! You're serving aboard one of the newest, if not newest, subs in our fleet! Of course, you already know that. Sorry, I'm just a nut like that. :p

I was expecting to read Seawolf or Los Angeles class. Thanks for the answer.

Yeah. Everything that has been done in the past 3 years that I have worked on have been all Virginia Class boats. I only worked on 1 Seawolf. Rumor is... They want to start making new Tridents, or refitting them... They put the other boats to shame in size, and the number of torpedo tubes.

I also did the SSN 774, 776, 775, 723, and right now we have pieces starting to come in for the 780 boat. There are many small crews within the yard. Each consisting of like 5 - 12 people each, and also each having their own supervisor. Some groups are better known then the others because of the workers, the supervisor, or both. That would be ours. We are one of the few groups that are really good at what we do, and boy do we know our stuff. We put some of the other crews to shame, and half the time they think we are nuts. But the General Foreman (looks after a certain group of supervisors) trusts us more then the other crews so thats why we might get to be one of the first hands on the 780 boat to actually start doing what we do best... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back