crackhead09's Fiberglassing Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackhead09

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
well here it is guys my fiberglassing tutorial its a little different from the stickies but this is my approach to this stage in fiberglassing and you can choose to either resin it first or after and i hope this helps out with people who are confused

again lemme know if there is any mistakes

oh and the camera man is Kurokuma22

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks tilther for uploading it for me when i went to download it my computer would just open it in windows media player and update to first post

oh and does anyone know of a free video screen capture program?

Not to be ragging on you, but why doesn't your friend with the camera have a respirator on, and then later why don't you either?

Other than that, it did help me a lot!

because i didnt have an extra for him but he was far enough away from the direct fumes and i also warned him about the dangers of fiberglass resin and the other kid who handed me my name tag was 6 feet away or 2 meters away from the fiberglass resin

and i dont mind being told something is wrong or shouldnt be done in the end it needs to be safe as possible

I've been waiting for someone to make a movie like this.

For most noobs, this step is an unsure one.

I give you alot of props for doing this

The only problem I encountered with dipping the cloth, was that the tiny fibers would get loose, and build up on my gloves, making it a little sticky mess, but you seemed to fare better, so I don't discourage your technique.

Overall, I liked it. Warm weather should be here soon, so i'm excited to glass. As a tease, i've got the spartan laser, AR, magnum, ODST, and Mk VI all assembled and ready to glass. Can't wait.

nice tut. Do we sticky videos?

I thought it was good. If you want to be more on the safe side, I'd wear gloves when handling the fiberglass cloth, since it tends to make you itchy. I also wear safety goggles when glassing, but it isn't required.

wow, i really liked that tutorial. You missed no details in it that i have been wondering about, congrats!
i have just one question. What glue did you use to piece your pep together. because im using hot glue and iv got small lumps and strands of glue on the inside witch i am concerend that they will show up as big lumps when i fiberglass.

I like it!

Its quiet funny if you think about it, ''Its is the part where i'm wearing the respirator, i leave my cameramen to die'' :p

Good tut, suggestion for the next time : lower the volume of the music.

Good tut... but i would delete the 405th logo from the beginning... Since you dont follow safety instructions.
When you make a tutorial, you need to be sure to warn people of the dangers of this.

It's more important to let people know of the risks then knowing how to make the helmet.

This could end up giving the 405th a lawsuit. (btw did you ask Adams permission for the logo usage?)

The reasons the video is dangerous:

-You do have a respirator when fiberglassing, but your camera man doesnt... and another person enters... too without a respirator... As you said, safety is important... but you are rather killing someone else then yourself.
-In the end you are not using a respirator when resin' ing the outside... making your video pointless.

-Fin(n)ish

Finnish - your concerns (except the logo) were addressed in a previous post with an explanation given. Since I've been here you have been nothing but a negative influence in every post of yours that I have read! Lighten up man. I'm new here but have learned a lot and have tried to help where I can. Take a chill pill or stay away for a while. You are starting to depress me. CH09 - Good job on the tut and on catching your slips in safety. Break out the ban hammer if you must but I will speak my mind.

Wow your Tutorial will relly help me i still gotta go the paper model first but it never hurts to Study up

MaShEdPOTaToEs said:
wow, i really liked that tutorial. You missed no details in it that i have been wondering about, congrats!
i have just one question. What glue did you use to piece your pep together. because im using hot glue and iv got small lumps and strands of glue on the inside witch i am concerend that they will show up as big lumps when i fiberglass.

well in my other tutorial i used normal elmers glue

and about the 405th banner
in my last tutorial noone argued me using it for the pepakura tutorial but from no on i wont use the logo my apologies

as for the other people in the vid they know the dangers of the resin and the only person in the video that didnt do what i said was Kurokuma22 as you can see in the video he kept playing with camera and for the other kid who handed me the name tag was up in a tree to my right in the video the entire time (seriously)

crackhead said:
and about the 405th banner
in my last tutorial no one argued me using it for the pepakura tutorial but from no on i wont use the logo my apologies

Actually, I would argue on the converse of that statement.

You did, in fact, use safety procedures. The most negative message you could have given was 'If you resin with a friend videotaping it, he doesn't need a respirator'. Plus, you were outside, the most ventilated area you could've been. The person who came outside wasn't even ten feet near the resin. In those conditions, resin isn't that toxic. Yes, you could make an argument that the cameraman needed a respirator, but still, I think you addressed the main concerns about safety. It's a step up from the video that Sean posted of the man fiberglassing in his living room with no respirator at all!

I'd argue that you should keep the logo in there for a couple reasons. First, and most importantly, all of that knowledge from that video was most likely taught to you from the members and topics of the 405th, it's a good thing that you acknowledge the place where you learned all of these great things. It's not like you put something like "Official Tutorial Sponsored by the 405th, 405th Accepts Complete Liability for Safety Procedures". I'd say at the most, let a mod see it, if they disagree with some of your safety procedures, then you can always throw in some text saying, "The 405th does not accept responsibility or liability in any way for the misuse, or failure to follow safety procedures when fiberglassing". And that would be it. Idk man, I really think you did perfectly fine, and that you should definitly keep that logo in there. Let's hear from a mod before you change it.

Ill say it again, I love this video, its the first of its kind, and definitly makes it alot easier for noobs who want to fiberglass. I would have loved to have this around when I first started! Nice work.

well thank you for that well lets see what the mods think of my tutorials so far and yes i learned everything about fiberglassing from here back when it was called mjolnir armor.com and from the instructions on the materials themselves which is exactly why i put credits at the end for everyone :)

and im going to do a tutorial on the next step of the helmet and incase everyone is wondering the helmet that i been working on in the videos are the same so i think its a good idea to have the same helmet shown in all videos im doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back