Joeycoz's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
hillhopper said:
thanks I tried one but failed. hope this fits
I'm guessing you are about 5'8 ISH 150lbs
if so how snug is it on?
More like 6'-5, 220ish
I won't know how well it fits until I have fiberglassed it, and cut it in half. I did build a few low def size testers to get the scaling worked out beforehand, so it should fit nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAH!

its beautiful!

finally a noob with talent!

i love the helmet, and your chest piece looks perfect!

good job and keep it up!

Wow. I just looked at the date of my last post on this topic and find it hard to believe that it's been over a year. Anyway, I am back to work on my HD MKVI and here's an update.

Helmet:

Nearly complete. I removed the visor and am currently using it to test paint & weathering techniques.

001fshelmet.jpg

Torso:

Just needs a few raised details around the neckseal, and a little more spot putty.

002fstorsofront.jpg

004fstorsoside.jpg

003fstorsoback.jpg

005torsohelmet.jpg

Biceps:

Left -95% / Right -80%

008hdbicepsfront.jpg

009hdbicepsside.jpg

010hdbicepsback.jpg

Forearms & Handplates:

Left -60% / Right -40%

011hdforearmshandplates.jpg

012hdforearmsback.jpg

Cod & Gutplate:

Fiberglassed

006gutplatet.jpg

007buttplate.jpg

Thighs:

Left -Fiberglass underway / Right - printed

014hdleftthighfront.jpg

013hdleftthighback.jpg

Shins:

Left -Fiberglassed / Right - printed

015hdleftshin.jpg

Boots:

Left -Pep underway / Right - printed

Comments welcome.

A+ job so far! It should turn out to be a really nice suit. Just one thing though, for the front of the codpiece it looks it warped out some during fiberglassing. This happened to me (twice), so I cut off the front half and repepped it, with supports for the crotch. If you're happy with how it turned out though, all the more power to you.

What Size did you do for the head, I've been having Pepakura Troubles, and can't make it fit mine, My Head is 22.5 cm tall, and when I convert it to Milimeters IT'S WAY TOO SMALL... HELP ME PLEASE!!!

By the way, What Pepakura File did u use for the legs? I have one but it doesn't make the whole thing, Please leave the file somewhere in this forum, For both legs

Biceps are done and ready for finish paint.

Finished detailing crackead's codpiece. I haven't decided if it's going to be a two piece, or a three piece, so I haven't cut the ammo pouches off yet, but other than that it's ready for paint .

All of the raised details were added using This Method, except for the buckle/latch thingies on the sides of the buttplate. For those, I made a positive out of some foam sheet, then ghetto molded them with clear silicone caulk. The pieces on the buttplate are cast with bondo from the ghetto mold and I also used bondo to glue them on.

Here's some pics.

Back

buttplate01.jpg

buttplate02.jpg

buttplate03.jpg

Front

cod005.jpg

cod003.jpg

cod006.jpg

cod007.jpg

Macattack64 said:
You are doing an amazing job and it looks just.. wow.. Nicely done. :)

Thanks. Now that I've improved my detailing skills, I have to go back and work on my helmet & torso some more :eek

DogWizard said:
Wow - looks great - very clean! Any plans on moulding any of these? ;)

I don't really have a budget for the supply's, but who knows. Besides,I'm 6-4" so I'm not sure if this stuff will fit alot of people anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. I the HD parts and all your great bondo work is turning out great!! Really like the foamies and bondo idea as well!!

Looking forward to the finished product!

I had scrap the one shin I had glassed because my giant foot wouldn't fit through the "bottleneck" in the lower half, so here's my new pair

hdshins.jpg

readytoresin.jpg

These were made from Mr.Oreo's smooth unfold of crackheads model. In case you're wondering, the balloons are my substitue for support struts.

Also I have the left boot assembled.

hdleftboot.jpg

Hers's a shot of the boot and shin together. I had to go with a larger size on the boot to accomodate my size fifteen shoes, and I would like some opinions about the scaling before I build the other boot. If you guys all think that the boot looks too big, I could scale it down a bit and just space the two halves a little bit farther apart.

sizing.jpg

I was wondering why I hadn't seen this build before, then I realized it's 'cuz the original topic was from '08. Haha.

Everything's looking great! The details you're putting into the pieces is awesome. You should definitely try to mold them, if possible. There are cheaper ways of molding that doesn't involve silicon, but it obviously doesn't hold up to as many pulls.

And you'd be surprised, my boyfriend is 6'4, and I'm sure he'd enjoy seeing casts up for sale that would actually fit him. Haha!

Anyway! As far as the boot goes.. it looks okay to me. In fact, it might look even a bit on the small side. I think it'll be fine once you get it finished up.

Wow! Just... Wow! Everything is looking good and clean! Really like the details you've put on them. Excellent job bud! :)

Dude! that is amazing. The details on the cod peice is amazing. realy, realy, good job. keep at it. will be watching this thread

WOW!!!! its a real mind bender to think how good pepakura can turn out!! well done dude!!!! i also like the balloon technique!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back