Joeycoz's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyCoz

Hey everybody. Heres some pics of my progress so far. Let me know what you think.

Pep & Resined:

1sthelmfrontqz1.jpg

1sthelmleftaa2.jpg

1sthelmbacknn6.jpg

After a a bit of detailing. (sand, bondo, sand, bondo, sand, bondo,sand........) :(/sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> " border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

fshdmarkivrightay0.jpg

fshdmarkivleftrearug7.jpg

fshdmarkivfrontjn0.jpg

fshdmarkivbackrj3.jpg

fshdmarkivtopig0.jpg

The last thig I did was add the details under the brim, back of the neck ect. I need to put another coat of resin on those areas, then do some clean up. (sand, bondo, sand, bondo, sand, bondo,sand........)

Next step will be cutting in some detail lines, work on the visor, LEDs and interior.

BTW: Thanks go out to flying_squirl, Robogenisis, and everybody else who helped to create & unfold the models. That had to have taken ALOT of time and talent to create and share. As someone who has very little free time, I can certainly appreciate your hard work.

for whatever reason, enlarging the pictures isn't working for me, but it looks very well done!

Very nice, looks good, I'm working on that model right now, hopefully it will turn out just as good. Keep up the good work!

volkov said:
for whatever reason, enlarging the pictures isn't working for me, but it looks very well done!
LastSpartan said:
I can't get larger pictures either, but it looks awesome (from the tinny pics ^^)
I put the images up on Imageshack, then linked them here. When I click on the thumbnails, the pics open in a new window for me, so i'm not sure why they won't work for you. Any advice?
Ral Partha said:
Awesome looking work! Did you sand it by hand or did you use a power sander?
I bought a Black & Decker Mouse sander for this project, but ended up sanding most of it by hand because I got better results that way. (and a giant a$$ blister on my sanding thumb :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to be off topic, but how much was the sander?
And great armor BTW, this is what happens when people read the stickies.

RadioactiV777 said:
Sorry to be off topic, but how much was the sander?
And great armor BTW, this is what happens when people read the stickies.
$40 for the sander, + 2 packs of sanding pads ($5 each)at Lowes. They can probably be found on Ebay for less, but I was eager to get working on my armor and didn't want to wait. It's a decent tool that I'll use for other projects anyway.

Amen to the stickies. The only part that took a little time figuring out was how to scale the helmet properly.

Looks great!
What inside reinforced with?
Fiberglass? (Just I didn't find its stage on pictures)

looks great man keep it up looks sweet when its totalyfinished cause then you can where it around lol keep it up!

bevbor said:
Looks great!
What inside reinforced with?
Fiberglass? (Just I didn't find its stage on pictures)
Yep. Two layers of mat and one layer of cloth. (overboard, I know.... but it is Strong!) In between layers I had to dremel out some air pockets and fill them with resin. I didn't think anyone wanted to see the inside, so I don't have any pics.

wow it looks great.
You must have spent a lot of time in the pep phase cus I cant see any warping or unevenness in the usual places.
I do have to agree with you too, that you just don't have the same control over a power sander than you do with your good old fashion mitts.

Finally found some time to resume working on my armor. Here's my FS HD Torso, resined and ready for fiberglass.

Here's some pics.
gallery_6216_503_34250.jpg

gallery_6216_503_11525.jpg

gallery_6216_503_17516.jpg

gallery_6216_503_46319.jpg

Looks great so far, are you going to cut it in half before or after you glass it? I would suggest you do it after, or at least after you glass the connection areas, because on my torso I cut it before glassing and it doesn't fit together perfectly, but it will work.

werewolf7171 said:
Looks great so far, are you going to cut it in half before or after you glass it? I would suggest you do it after, or at least after you glass the connection areas, because on my torso I cut it before glassing and it doesn't fit together perfectly, but it will work.

I'm going to wait until it's glassed, then split it. I'm going to try to build some sort of sockets on each part that will help with alignment. I also salvaged a couple of small powerful magnets from some old hard drives I had laying around, and I plan on using them to hold my torso together.
BTW, where exactly is the best place to cut the torso?

hillhopper said:
wow just wow looks so straight and neat
what was you'r build size on torso?

Assembled Height is 46.0 cm
Scale used: 2.755628

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back