Recent content by Agent Skye

  1. Agent Skye

    RobotChicken's Halo 3 Mk VI Master Chief, Ultra Detail, First Build WIP (many pics)

    That's an impressive 3D printing of the hand there!
  2. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    I question my old GM's education level, but that's not my business lmao. yeah, last time I checked my position wasn't a liquid. Yeah hoping for a better job, applying to Maaco and Jiffy lube, and put in an app for tropical smoothie last week so we'll see if I luck out with any of those.
  3. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    I'll try that low poly model next time, and yeah I looked into that, but I can't download any programs on my brothers laptop, he's really picky about things that "might get him viruses" (which is every single program in the world except google chrome and itunes pretty much...)
  4. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    Meh I figured, why waste more time on something that I'll be putting on the mantle in a room I never go in ( I spend 90% of my time in my basement bedroom and the other 10% of the time in the kitchen.) So I stuck it all together, tossed on my favourite shade of turquoise paint, made a shitty...
  5. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    Yes true, I'm still learning a lot. Even starting to wonder if I should have taken the foam route... I don't know. Going to look into that, It might not be too late to change plans. And yes, all 135lbs of me + a few in clothing and shoes stood on this helmet for a //solid// (pun intended) 2...
  6. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    It's funny, you'd think that something you can stand on would be able to take a 2 foot drop, but I guess it's more like a diamond; super strong, super fragile.
  7. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    Bad news... Helmet doesn't fit. Yes I know I've said this before, and I know I've also said that I could make it fit. But I can't. Last night I split It into sections so that it'd fit over my (annoyingly large) head and realised the critical flaw in sizing. Yes my head fits inside of it once I...
  8. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    So I got a little bit of progress done then made a clumsy mistake and dropped the helmet, chipping a piece of the chin off... Got to repairing it asap, still a little disappointed in myself though. Heading back out to do some more sanding before finishing up for the day.
  9. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    ^ haha oops, should've been more specific. Central Virginia, It's a blazing 50 degrees today which is about 15 higher than it's been lately. Managed in a sweater.
  10. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    Lovely day today, will be making progress today
  11. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    Appologies for lack of updates. East coast weather has been simply atrocious lately.
  12. Agent Skye

    ( You know you're a 405th member when...)

    ...when your facebook feed consists entirely of pictures of your build progress and unintelligible comments about what you're planning to do next...
  13. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    todays progress as previously mentioned was smoothing the right lobe, It's been raining so I couldn't do anything else, but when the sun comes out I'll continue!
  14. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    You're definitely right about the face count to body-filler ratio, I would much rather take extra time with the pepakura than spend months sanding bondo and resin. I just finished the second frontal lobe and I've only had to use about two tablespoons of bondo in total. Saving me time, money, and...
  15. Agent Skye

    Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

    I love this helmet, Very satisfied with the quality and accuracy of the model. It wasn't very difficult to assemble either which is also nice. You guy's did a really great job getting this ready for people to build, I hope to see more people using your files and not just downloading them!
Top