When I found tubes with thinner wall thickness in the hardware store, I noticed how heavy the previous tubes were. So I put together the pipe ends from the previous pipes and the middle part from the new pipes.
So now the tubes look heavy, but they are light.
When I glued the magazine...
Long time since last update, but now.
All parts are printed (except some small and less important ones).
Currently I'm smoothening all the surfaces.
(I'm still working on it, even if I took long breaks)
Sorry I forgot to post updates in the last time, but now here is one.
In the past I used my 3D-Pen to weld the Edges between Parts. But I just realized it is much easier using 'plastic putty from Presto'.
To smoothen the surface I used 'XTC-3D from Smooth-On' (some sort of Epoxy)...
Looks very similar to mine, you can watch it also in the forum here.
you can also download my models if you whant to compare.
which tube diameter did you use?
good luck with further Prints :)
long time since last update again... Got some issues with my landlord in refer to my 3D-Printer, but thats fixed now.
I have finished the bottom part of the Case and glued it all together.
continue printing the upper part of the Case
cutting the Cover with my CAD-program...
long time since last update... several reasons, mainly because of some issues with my 3D.Printer (Creality cr-10).
It's not too much in this update, just a view new printed parts of the lower half of the Case.
I'm printing it of course in real size (1,2m tube length).
Also edited my first post to specify that.
I think Cura is just fine. It has all I want except honeycomb infill, but that takes way more time than it is worth it anyway.
Soon I'll post some photos and keep you updated.