A
Reaction score

• EVA foam (ethylene vinyl acetate) is like a high impact foam. It's usually about 1/4 of an inch thick. The stuff that we on the site have been using can be bought at Harbor Freight. I have one right here in westland so you could probably do a google map search for Harbor Freight and find one in your area. Anyway, the stuff they sell there is actually sold as floor mats and they interlocking puzzle style edges so they can connect. You can get a pack of 4 around $15 and they are 2 feet by 2 feet.

Also, to help you with your scaling, try checking out this thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial It's a tutorial I made for the scaling method that I use. I've NEVER had any issues with my stuff by using this method. There are other scaling tutorials out there, but I believe this to be the easiest and faster way of doing it. :p
    Hey! Yet another micihgander! lol Where abouts in michigan? I'm just a few minutes drive from metro detroit airport.

I'm leaving this comment because I saw your post in someone's thread asking about what you were getting yourself into. Your #1 thing to do would be to read up on everything on this site that is "stickied". Those are the threads you want to read. This site is like a teaching site, but you need to be able to do the research yourself. Sort of like when going to school and you have to do a book report or something. You gotta do all your own research. XD I spent about 2 months reading and researching everything so I knew if I would able to afford all this stuff and fully know what I was getting into.

Since I too live in michigan, I strayed away from the pep, resin, and fiberglass method and turned my direction towards working with the EVA foam. NO toxic chemicals required and you don't need to worry about the michigan winters holding you back from completing a suit. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Video Games, Drawing, Break Dancing
Birthday
Aug 4, 1992 (Age: 31)
Occupation
Artist

Signature

Drez.
Back