Здравствулте From Virginia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonemoo

Hello! I am Kyle Boyle, 16 years old and eager to learn!

I was interested in creating some of the H3gen Marine armor, but possibly including the orange tinted shooters lenses that are seen on the CH252 Helmet (gotta love halopedia)

Any pointers you could give would be appreciated. What did Adam Grumbo make his armor out of? It seems that much of everything here is based off of wood with various supplementary bits. Of course that is me spit balling here, I have no clue lol, but that is why I am here! I would like to learn from everyone here.

EDIT:: Adam Grumble... lol woops

well im not a pro but i believe his molds were made form a pepakura base that was hardend and details added reading the stickys will answer a lot of questions you have

i would recommend reading the stickies for all the details...

however, the basic rundown of how most things are made is pretty simple, if time consuming.

We use a program called Pepakura Designer(most current version is 3, but many still use v2) there is a fee to use it only if you want to modify or save pep(short for pepakura) models, anyway, we use Pep to view and print out 3D images modeled by our amazing 3D modelers. The models are packaged into files on the Halo Costuming Wiki that you can download to your computer, then scale to fit you, and print out.

The whole pep process itself if rather simple, the Pep program prints out a flat image onto a piece of paper (we recommend 110 lb card stock from walmart or someplace like it). This image has a solid outline that you cut out to get it off the paper, a (usually dotted) line for valley folds and a (usually dot and hash) line for mountain folds. there are also little tabs with numbers on them that correspond with a flat edge on other pieces of the printed model. Basically you cut out, fold, and glue the tabs together and you will build the 3D model out of the card stock.

After this, we use many various ways of hardening the model so we can add extra detailing and other features that we desire. along with the paint and clear coat.

Pep is the easiest way to build armor, there are others though, such as molding (like what Adam did), or scratch building (which is basically pep but you make everything yourself)

Hope this helped ya out a bit, i would definitely recommend the stickies to help explain it better. You can't overdose on information.

Adam said:
helmet was cnc, body was based on pep, shoulders stomach etc was hand sculpted... we have a long way to go.

There's some info from you, pulled from this topic.

As for things being made of wood, that's generally weapons/props, not armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theonemoo said:
Hello! I am Kyle Boyle, 16 years old and eager to learn!

I was interested in creating some of the H3gen Marine armor, but possibly including the orange tinted shooters lenses that are seen on the CH252 Helmet (gotta love halopedia)

Any pointers you could give would be appreciated. What did Adam Grumble make his armor out of? It seems that much of everything here is based off of wood with various supplementary bits. Of course that is me spit balling here, I have no clue lol, but that is why I am here! I would like to learn from everyone here.

:rolleyes heehee

It's Adam Grumbo by the way.

Adam Grumbo made his armor by sculpting clay and molding the clay models with Silicone Rubber, then casting the final armor with Smoothcast 300(?). A tedious process, but it pays off.

But most of us use a program called Pepakura Designer, which prints 2D parts of a 3D model. Read more in the "Creation Discussion" area.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Adam Grumbo made his armor by sculpting clay and molding the clay models with Silicone Rubber, then casting the final armor with Smoothcast 300(?). A tedious process, but it pays off.

But most of us use a program called Pepakura Designer, which prints 2D parts of a 3D model. Read more in the "Creation Discussion" area.

His armor is based off a statue that was made for Halo 2. He didn't use clay (as far as I know) Molds were taken off the statue and then cast (with SmoothCast 300 originally)

master_chief_lifesize.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back