1:1 Mastercheif

Status
Not open for further replies.

danspace1999

101_0431.jpg

We are in the process of restoring this beauty. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about him.

"Aren't you a little short for a spartan?"...or something. It was a promotional thing when H2 came out, I was temping at Microsoft and they were selling them for a couple hundred.

Tikigod002 said:
"Aren't you a little short for a spartan?"...or something. It was a promotional thing when H2 came out, I was temping at Microsoft and they were selling them for a couple hundred.

What he said. Microsoft had a limited number of these made, in four- and six-foot versions, to promote the release of HALO 2. They were sent to particular games retailers to display in-store.

The six-foot version you have isn't quite 1:1 scale with the Master Chief, though. Muckle made one other version that stood upright. That one is more the correct height/size. A lot of folks have actually based their own armour builds on the upright statue.

I myself managed to get my hands on one of the four-foot versions about three years ago on eBay. Only cost me $30.00 CDN (was pick-up only), and is still considered the pride of my HALO collection :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It is amazing that you got your 4 footer for so little. We make props as our business and we have estimated that there is well over 500$ in resin alone in the one we have. We are interested in where it was made.

danspace1999 said:
It is amazing that you got your 4 footer for so little. We make props as our business and we have estimated that there is well over 500$ in resin alone in the one we have. We are interested in where it was made.

Well, like I said above it was listed as "pick-up only" in Toronto (about a five-hour drive from Ottawa), so I figure since he didn't offer any shipping options no one else was interested in bidding on it. I also figure the seller didn't realize the value of what he had. Worked out for me, lol.

Based on what Lord Devious said, these statues were made over in Germany somewhere. I don't know if all three versions were made by Muckle (I know the fully upright statue was, not sure about the first two; my four-footer and your six-footer).

SPARTAN II said:
Well, like I said above it was listed as "pick-up only" in Toronto (about a five-hour drive from Ottawa), so I figure since he didn't offer any shipping options no one else was interested in bidding on it. I also figure the seller didn't realize the value of what he had. Worked out for me, lol.

Based on what Lord Devious said, these statues were made over in Germany somewhere. I don't know if all three versions were made by Muckle (I know the fully upright statue was, not sure about the first two; my four-footer and your six-footer).

These were made by mucle. But not as mutch as they casted the standing ones... these were limited.

Didnt bungie used to have one of each beside a vending machine?

I'd change up the paint... make it yours! Pick a unique color scheme and rock it out! And I think his name is "Bob167"... met him at a party once. (hehe)

rundown said:
These were made by mucle. But not as mutch as they casted the standing ones... these were limited.

Didnt bungie used to have one of each beside a vending machine?

Ah, okay. Thanks for verifying that, buddy. As for Bungie, I wouldn't know... never been there :plol

Das Brutus said:
I'd change up the paint... make it yours! Pick a unique color scheme and rock it out! And I think his name is "Bob167"... met him at a party once. (hehe)

LMAO! :lol

Oh yes we are working very hard to restore him. The paint was peeled off in places so we are currently stripping him. LOL We are thinking about running LED lights in the helmet. He was painted with house paint the best we can tell. All the mold release was never removed so that is why paint was peeling. It is a work in progress

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they did use house paint, based on how my four-foot statue looks :p

I think it would be way kewl if you installed LEDs in the helmet. Wouldn't you have to cut it up to get inside, though? :unsure

Like you, I'm wanting to refinish mine at some point. Sand it down and paint it something to better match the in-game model :cool

sounds like you need some good paint stripping, a good power cleaning, probably a little sanding, priming, and repaint job for sure, as for lightsand such, do whatever you want, it would be generic to just pu LED in the helmet and stuff, you could turn it somewhat functional by adding a alarm clock to the visor or something (one of the ones that project the time would work to project it on the visor from another location or something) otherwise you got an expensive hat/coat rack.

Also depending on the construction, I'd add reinforcements to the limbs, so you COULD hang stuff off them without worry of bending/warping/snapping.

The one we had around here was cheaply made for store display - kinda felt like Paper Mache instead of resin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back