Props 15 Dollar Assault Rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*watches closely*

Just stopping by to say knock off the flaming now or I'll be handing out month long "Library Cards" to everyone involved.

Man I don't know what on earth was going on in this topic before :cautious: but anyway nice video papamurf, well edited and narrated. A few tips if your interested- if you were to sand the whole thing down a little before painting it would help the paint to stick better.
Also I think it would look awesome if you painted it a dark grey and then weathered it with some silver paint.
Good work though, nice cheap way to get an AR.

So I bought this AR wannabe a my local Kmart, so I can provide some insight to those who are considering buying one. The flashlight on it alreadly works. You just have to open the battery cover and put in three AA batteries. It should have three button cell batteries in it when you buy it to power the gun noises and lights. But be warned: the flashlight cannot work independant of the blaster noises. I hope this helped shed a little light.

BTW, I am making a paintball gun bodykit out of mine. Pictures up soon I hope.

Wow, making a bodykit for a paintball marker is actually an awesome idea. I wont buy one of these, because i dont really like them. However i agree it is a great alternative for the younger members etc.

Also, i cant beleive people get this bent out of shape over the way people type over the internet. Was the way he typed it really that bad? It seems to me some of the members lately really want to start trouble. If you dont like the topic theres a button in the upper left of your screen that reads "Back". Use it. Let the mods deal with the locking of threads and swinging of the banhammer, you dont need to remind them.

Now stop with the flaming and get back on topic. If you can make something good of the thread, rather then turning it to hell, then the mods wont have to lock it. And you never know, maybe something new will come of it.

I bought one made my own custom paint job for it. =D
Picture003.jpg

I used one with my Caboose for Halloween:

102_0408.jpg

It worked fine for a real quick solution, and I think it looked fine for what it was.

Ahhhh hahahahahah

Glad to see i'm not the only noob to think this was a brilliant find, only to find it was [OLD]!

:D

I'll just mark it up to "Great minds think alike"

Yodajammies said:
Ahhhh hahahahahah

Glad to see i'm not the only noob to think this was a brilliant find, only to find it was [OLD]!

Me, noob?

Pshah...

It's just the old age.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yodajammies said:
Ahhhh hahahahahah

I'm not really a n00b either, been on this board since August of 07, and I've been costuming for about 6 years now.

It just so happened that my VL Lancer had the same grip angle as this AR. So out came the hacksaw. Cut this, cut that and I had a working bodykit. Now I just have one problem. My Lancer is a n00bish Walmart gun that I won't trade up for a better gun because mine looks like an AR. :rolleyes (I hear you ballers wincing in pain at the Walmart gun part.)

dylan Snyder said:
i think this was the thread you were thinking of. it's a pseudo tutorial i guess lol

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...p;hl=need++fast

very nice customizations though guys! really liking the white/grey/green look.
how did you wire in the flashlight? or did you just turn it on manually?

the normal flashlight is wired to the trigger, so I just re wired it to the new flashlight and soldered the wires, so it still functions w/ trigger

also, what did you use to replace the orange clear plastic on the side? it looks blue in your pic. i want to dremel out the other side of mine and add leds on both sides. doing some serious mods to mine:p

From what i can see, it looks almost like it would fit the role of that shortened version of the MA5B....what was it? It was used a lot in Fall of Reach :]P

dylan Snyder said:
also, what did you use to replace the orange clear plastic on the side? it looks blue in your pic. i want to dremel out the other side of mine and add leds on both sides. doing some serious mods to mine:p
to replace the clear orange plastic lenses, i simply used a blueish cd case i had lying around (the back part) and cut out strips from it, and put them in place of the old ones :D

reactor beam said:
Could'nt bungie make a copyright claim, if they wanted to,or felt that is was in fact, copyright.......... o_O

I think a 15% change is all it takes to avoid a copyright claim, and the change in size, and the deletion of some details is enough to make this 15% different and avoid a copyright claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back