1st 3D printed build (other two were EVA) suit is now in full 2.0 stage

Kahn 319

Member DIN
S319
I have acquired a few various molds, and recently got my printer set up and started printing my own pieces using the models from NerdForgeDesigns, and some from the Free model index on this site. The Helmet I purchased from JohnsonArmsProps, (i had made 3 helmets out of foam and was not really happy with any of them) and its fantastic, the gauntlets are also a mold I cant remember who I bought them from. I outsourced the chest piece and back piece because I am using a Ender 3 pro, so I do not have a large print area and I am extremely new to 3d printing so I sent it to 3DPrintCustomz (which cost more than I thought it would) but everything else I am printing, if I do not finish it in time for the con I can substitute my foam pieces that I made in the past which are not bad, but this is going to be better. I am going for a Noble 1 kind of build, its not going to be exact but it will be close. if anyone has tips or anything I would be excited to hear about it. I will be posting updates in this thread as I print new pieces
280306345_668621857574800_5383855722462401689_n.jpg
and start assembling. Lastly if anyone can identify the paint on the helmet I would really appreciate it. (Printing in PETG)

Last edited:
I have acquired a few various molds, and recently got my printer set up and started printing my own pieces using the models from NerdForgeDesigns, and some from the Free model index on this site. The Helmet I purchased from JohnsonArmsProps, (i had made 3 helmets out of foam and was not really happy with any of them) and its fantastic, the gauntlets are also a mold I cant remember who I bought them from. I outsourced the chest piece and back piece because I am using a Ender 3 pro, so I do not have a large print area and I am extremely new to 3d printing so I sent it to 3DPrintCustomz (which cost more than I thought it would) but everything else I am printing, if I do not finish it in time for the con I can substitute my foam pieces that I made in the past which are not bad, but this is going to be better. I am going for a Noble 1 kind of build, its not going to be exact but it will be close. if anyone has tips or anything I would be excited to hear about it. I will be posting updates in this thread as I print new pieces View attachment 318168and start assembling. Lastly if anyone can identify the paint on the helmet I would really appreciate it. (Printing in PETG)
That looks great !!! I have to ask, how did you get the design on the Visor? I also am 3d printing, but have not decided on a helmet yet. I bought the reach base set and have it 25% done. Do you find PETG is better then PLA+? All my stuff us PLA+. I have PETG, just found PLA details were easier to achieve.

That looks great !!! I have to ask, how did you get the design on the Visor? I also am 3d printing, but have not decided on a helmet yet. I bought the reach base set and have it 25% done. Do you find PETG is better then PLA+? All my stuff us PLA+. I have PETG, just found PLA details were easier to achieve.
So I bought the helmet from Johnsonarmsprops, I'm not sure how he did the visor, sorry to not have a great answer on that one.
As for PETG I run my needle at 240 with the print bed at 84, I'm mainly using PETG because I know that it has a higher heat tolerance than PLA, and this way I don't have to worry as much about pieces getting too warm. I haven't had any problems unless the needles is a little to high, bed adhesion at 84 is fantastic, and you can get away with no support for any slope under 70 degrees.

So I bought the helmet from Johnsonarmsprops, I'm not sure how he did the visor, sorry to not have a great answer on that one.
As for PETG I run my needle at 240 with the print bed at 84, I'm mainly using PETG because I know that it has a higher heat tolerance than PLA, and this way I don't have to worry as much about pieces getting too warm. I haven't had any problems unless the needles is a little to high, bed adhesion at 84 is fantastic, and you can get away with no support for any slope under 70 degrees.Great ! I will try. I know that PLA gets soft in about 180 degree, in which case I would melt too. I love PETG, build a lot of model ships withi

As for PETG I run my needle at 240 with the print bed at 84, I'm mainly using PETG because I know that it has a higher heat tolerance than PLA, and this way I don't have to worry as much about pieces getting too warm. I haven't had any problems unless the needles is a little to high, bed adhesion at 84 is fantastic, and you can get away with no support for any slope under 70 degrees.

Dont know what happened, I think my fingers hit too many keys. Do you find it easy to remove supports from PETG? I may try to build today with my PETG.

Dont know what happened, I think my fingers hit too many keys. Do you find it easy to remove supports from PETG? I may try to build today with my PETG.
some have taken me a bit but im always able to get enough off to be ready for sanding, haven't damaged the actual print when removing them. i will say you got to wait for the bed to cool down before you try to remove it tho, adheasion is real strong, i run the bed at 84 degrees

1653846176145.png

What I have so far I made some mistakes on the calf piece but its a good learning experience, I have plans to make them less visible but I'm waiting for the weather to warm up to do more painting, The chest piece I outsourced should be here next week, I'm also reprinting the biceps because they are infinite and not reach biceps, I'm keeping my foam belt and foam thighs because i think they look fine, so I'm getting there.

View attachment 318722
What I have so far I made some mistakes on the calf piece but its a good learning experience, I have plans to make them less visible but I'm waiting for the weather to warm up to do more painting, The chest piece I outsourced should be here next week, I'm also reprinting the biceps because they are infinite and not reach biceps, I'm keeping my foam belt and foam thighs because i think they look fine, so I'm getting there.
They look great!!! I am working on my chest piece now and starting the painting. I am still trying to figure how to attach it to my under cloths lol.

Attachments

• 20220529_152149.jpg
    20220529_152149.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 128
  • 20220529_152117.jpg
    20220529_152117.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 133
1654646741879.png
base coat done, ill be adding other layers as I go but I'm pretty happy with the color of paint and how everything turned out I'm also curious as to how the foam is going to look with the 3d printed parts. as i said if you think the paint job isn't great that's cause its just the base coat I'm going to detail stuff later.
1654646766220.png

That looks great, love the color. It is really shaping up amazing. I have started to paint mine, but don't know I may go darker. Waiting on the backplate to finish printing. How will you attach it?View attachment 318987View attachment 318988View attachment 318989
i have some ideas but i need to test them, ive thought about conecting them at the top and then using velcor to connect the lower peices so i can slip it off over my head but like i said i need to do some testing.

i have some ideas but i need to test them, ive thought about conecting them at the top and then using velcor to connect the lower peices so i can slip it off over my head but like i said i need to do some testing.
Yeah, I have seen some good methods online using furniture foam and straps to reduce slipping. The helmet I did a Hinge with fabric and velcro, so far seems to work. So much trial and error. Lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back