2 Helmets 1 Rifle WIP & A lot of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdMcSmoke

Jr Member
2 Helmets 1 Rifle WIP *Pictures update*

Hello Everyone!

First let me introduce myself a little...
I am a 22 year old male, living in germany , spending my freetime with my Girlfriend, my animals and for a year now Papercrafting. You can visit my DeviantArt Page http://edmcsmoke.deviantart.com/ if you want to have a look at them. This papercrafting stuff and one sleepless night got me into here, i saw this forum and thought "all my time spend papercrafting i could had made a piece of armor or something like that."
So enough Papercrafting till now and lets grow my armory.

MKVI HD HELM FLYINGSQUIRL:
compmkvihdhelmflyingsqu.jpg
Second Helmet i made
Storm Trooper Dung0Beetle:
compstormtrooperdung0be.jpg
This was my 3rd
Both Helmets:
compboth.jpg

Halo Reach Sniper Clip:
compclip.jpg

Scanner Joe´s /Dung0Beetle´s Helmet Iron Man Helmet:
Iron_Man_Helmet_WIP_Front_by_EdMcSmoke.jpg
This was my first helmet build, but i think thats that going to be a wip forever because i want a other version of it...

I hope they look right.

Now to my questions:

1. Is that the right stuff? http://www.fiberglas-discount.de/2m-Glasfasermatte-300g-m-2Kg-Polyesterharz

2.How much do i need? Is 2kg (4 pounds) enough for them?

3.How thick should the fiberglas be? gramm/m²

4.Someone German here who could tell me where i get Bondo?

5. Have anyone build the Reach Sniper and could tell me where i should start?

6. Any things i forgot or you would advise me?

Thanks for the answers ;)

Greetings Ed

Hey man, I love your Storm Trooper and all your stuff looks awesome. Im working on the Reach Sniper pdo by L3X if thats the same one your working on? I think the easiest way to go is to start on the reciever once youve done the clip and finish the rest of teh body like grip and shoulder rest from there. That way once the body is done, its easier to work on the scope barrel and heat sync

Thanks for your fast answers :)

@Kaboose00
Thanks for the Link, i will have a look at the shipping price, hopefully its not to expensive.
Yes i got all the Safty gear. I make Backgrounds for Terrarien, so i got masks and this stuff, but i use a totally different Material, Styropor and a mixture of "the stuff between tiling" and "dichtschlämme". http://edmcsmoke.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2qhpmz

@jokerjack350
Thanks for the youtube link, it helps me alot to have a look at others work method, and he explains everything slowly step by step. Seems to be a helpfull video.

@=AT=Seraph
Thank you for your nice words :) I am working on the same like you i guess. Its the Halo: Reach Sniper Rifle Modeled by L3X BLU4R1V3R, unfolded and modified by Carpathiavh99.
My thoughts was when i start with the clip, scope, shoulder rest und so on, it could be more easy to connect them all to the weapon.

Another questions:
When i cant get bondo, what body filler should i use? Or must it be Bondo? :X
How fast should the Resin dry? I saw the drytime depends on the Hardener?

Thanks for your patience with me ;)
Greetings Ed

Sooo , a little update from me, i got the scope incl slide finished. Sometimes i thought it would be a pretty ash heap, but i really completed it ^^

Here are some pics of it:

compscope1.jpg

compscope2.jpg

compscope3.jpg

compscope4.jpg

I dont really know which part i will be building next... I still dont know from which side i should start the weaponbody^^

Greetings ed

that is some great PEP work, some of the best I have seen and I am not just blowing smoke up your tailpipe!!! please keep us updated on your progress

sooo again update time... got the shoulder rest completed and im totally happy with it, the scope fits nearly perfect at the slide.

here are some pictures of it:

compshoulderrest1.jpg

compshoulderrest2.jpg

compshoulderrest3.jpg

compshoulderrest4.jpg

compshoulderrest5.jpg

compshoulderrest6.jpg

The scope isnt glued, its still removeable :)

soo another day another part.... lets have a look at the finished grip:
its just spotglued to the shoulder rest to get an idea how it will look, the reciever parts comes between them :X

compgrip1.jpg

compgrip2.jpg

compgrip3.jpg

compgrip4.jpg

compgrip5.jpg

hope you like it much like me to see it growing ;)

sooo update time.... the receiver is done. i put everything together and it looks pretty good i guess.
next thing to build is the heat sync, then the barrels. hope im done till friday.
I think this or next week will my resin arrive, so i have to hurry up^^
anyways... here are some update pics:
compreceiver1.jpg

compreceiver2.jpg

compreceiver3.jpg

yes clip and scope still removeable ;)

so the heat sync is done, and now it looks like a working weapon.

compheatsync1.jpg

compheatsync2.jpg

compheatsync3.jpg

ok, now its only the barrel left. i guess i reach my goal finishing this rifle till friday :)

Awesome work sir!

That's the best pep stormtrooper helm I've seen so far. And the rifle above is looking very nice. Keep up the good work!

Also, the pics on your thread load very slow. I think it has to do with the picture file size. Are your images at a resolution of at least 72? Just thought I'd let you know.

thanks :) i like the stormtrooper helmet too, i enjoyed building it.

and yes, the picture size is unedited, like i shot them. that is the problem i guess, i will have a look at it when i make new pics, so they load more quick.

is there any resolution everybody use here? sorry but i didnt thought about that

I always crop my pics 8x10 inches at 72 pixels per inch resolution. It may also be how you're uploading the files. Are you using an image hosting service?

I just use photoshop, but there are all kinds of programs to use for that. I think windows has a way to edit photos and crop them out at certain resolutions.

Everything you have posted here looks great EdMcSmoke, it goes to show how much papercraft can train someone in mastering putting together something designed to be assembled using Pepakura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back