2 question from a noob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

choomas

1. I'm doing a gundam costume (some people know and some don't), the thing is the suit, its not like the halo type pepakura eg theres different shapes on a4 that becomes a big item, there's couple of item that has a size of 1000mm sq for a page, so can I set up a new page size with no margin printed on card bored with laser printing and joined together to get the size I need? Or something like that. ( if I got someone to do the size and printing, it cost me 600 for 16 pages)

2. With hardening the item for fiberglassing, can I use a spray gun or the old fashion way (paintbrush)? And chemicals that I should use (Harding and cleaning)

I can't answer number one ,but I can answer number two. When fiberglassing, first you mix the resin in a cup with the hardener it comes with.then you cut out squares of fiberglass , but other use rectangles or other shapes, bush the resin onto the squares of fiberglass, after that, once they are soaked in resin you put it all over the inside of your piece that you are working on. After that you are done you leave the piece in the sun so that it can dry and harden.And DO NOT FORGET YOUR MASK! By the way what country you live in, it may be harder or easier finding resin depending on where you live.

Question 2, but can I use a spray gun? Also I need to harden first because there's other stuff I need to do before
Fiberglassing

Question 2, but can I use a spray gun? Also I need to harden first because there's other stuff I need to do before
Fiberglassing
if you try a spray gun let me know how that turns out. I've never seen a resin spray gun; and i would imagine it would just clog the tubes and nozzle. I would stick with what is recomended. :/

& / or.. try this:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34408-All-In-One-New-Member-Introduction-Guide

or:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26849-quot-Help!-quot-for-Fiberglassing-Resin-amp-Bondo

Hope it helps! Love gundam!

Ok, thxs. The gundam is exia, but back to Q1, if Q1 dosent work, is a program or something that I can use to make the big piece into smaller pieces like the halo armor?

Ok for question one... in pep designer you can join/disjoin faces in the 2d menu, under edit mode. This will allow you to take larger peaces and break them down to fit on a sheet of a4. Then just join the tabs as normal.

Question two...ok it is possible to spray resin...BUT...I don't think you can do it at home. There are industrial sparyers that can handle resin(if I'm not mistaken it's how the make fiberglass boats and tubs...but don't quote me on that) but I have as yet to see a home version of this equipment. The reason is the catalyst, in an industrial setting they use an oven to cure the resin thus making it harden. In our type of fiberglass we add the catalyst, this addition makes a gun impractical as it would harden in the gun thus ruining the gun.

Hope this helps, and does not bum you out to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back