2 weeks challenge 2 foam suits

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god, you sure don't mess around with foam, do you? You achieved excellent results in such little time, I'm jealous! Your new suit looks very good, and so does the Carter one!

And verrrry nice move giving your ODST to that kid. You probably made him one hell of a happy fella!

EDIT : It just dawned on me that this might've been necro-posting; I hadn't checked the date of the thread, since it just popped at the top of the list since the previous post. Sorry if I exhumed a long-dead thread.

EDIT : It just dawned on me that this might've been necro-posting; I hadn't checked the date of the thread, since it just popped at the top of the list since the previous post. Sorry if I exhumed a long-dead thread.

Yes, I did not mean to bring back the dead. I just saw your visor size and thought you had the closest one I'd seen. Whoops, hahaha.

This is quite impressive. I've been working on my suit for well over four weeks now, and you've made two in two weeks! I'd like to ask a few questions:
1: How much easier is foam to work with than the paper?
2: Where can I buy good foam for armor?
3: What do you use to cut it and glue it?

This is quite impressive. I've been working on my suit for well over four weeks now, and you've made two in two weeks! I'd like to ask a few questions:
1: How much easier is foam to work with than the paper?
2: Where can I buy good foam for armor?
3: What do you use to cut it and glue it?

Thanks. Here are the answer for your questions.
1: it is easy once you figure out the template. It took me a while to turn the pep piece into template for foam.
2: depend on where you live. You should be able to find some foam from department store, hardware store, online etc.
3: I used a small snap off box cutter and sharpening stone ( this item is importain to keep this knife sharp) you will get clean cut with a very sharp knife and I used hot glue to secure the foam pieces together. I hope this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back