2Nd Times A Charm? My Mrk 6 In The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlaw-Tiger said:
hahaha oh dear... hopefully trimming the edges will help you out there.... but if that doesn't work, it would suck to have to re-make the whole thing a bit bigger =S
i mean snug like "its been along time since I've worn armor" and what i mean is on the parts under the arm that connect the back pack to the chest need to be trimmed...so i can set my arms to my side better.. you know so i dont walk around looking like im full of machismo.. but its the perfect size to work with

Last edited by a moderator:
Humboldt_spartan said:
i mean snug like "its been along time since I've worn armor" and what i mean is on the parts under the arm that connect the back pack to the chest need to be trimmed...so i can set my arms to my side better.. you know so i dont walk around looking like im full of machismo.. but its the perfect size to work with

oh, ok then, that is so not what i had in mind hahaha

Outlaw-Tiger said:
oh, ok then, that is so not what i had in mind hahaha
yeah i dont need to look any more bad ass than i normally do ! :cool:

the fiber glass is curing as we speak on the chest.. this was harder to glass than the helmet!

Looks good man. I had the same problem on mine. Just barely not wide enough for my chest, and just barely too wide for my arms.

mks81 said:
Looks good man. I had the same problem on mine. Just barely not wide enough for my chest, and just barely too wide for my arms.
i guess im gonna have to sacrifice a lil mobility for looking totally bad ass...no one is gonna know that i cant move......why would you go pet a growling rabid dog, even if he is chained up lol..and mks81 i've seen the pictures of your armor but i never put 2'n2 together and realized it was you till just now, thanx for all the props..

edit: heres a lil pic of the chest glassed
vlcsnap-988328.png

so one of these days im gonna start to bondo the chest......from what i've seen i wont need to use a whole lot because there are less corners that need to be smoothed....kinduv like how esy got it done

Humboldt_spartan said:
i dunno i was thinking shoulders then the forearms ..... ya know.....keep working my way down to the boots

Yeah, that's just how I'd do it; keep working my way down (makes sense to me) ;)

Btw, sweet job on the chestpiece. Oh, and your idea to cut the chest in half? Not so crazy. In fact, you cut it right where the separation/connection points should be. Makes it a helluva lot easier to get in and out of it, lol.

Awesome work on the helmet, too. I like your choice of colours, and the weathering looks good. Are you planning on putting the details on the underside of the brim of the helmet? o_O

SPARTAN II said:
Yeah, that's just how I'd do it; keep working my way down (makes sense to me) ;)

Btw, sweet job on the chestpiece. Oh, and your idea to cut the chest in half? Not so crazy. In fact, you cut it right where the separation/connection points should be. Makes it a helluva lot easier to get in and out of it, lol.

Awesome work on the helmet, too. I like your choice of colours, and the weathering looks good. Are you planning on putting the details on the underside of the brim of the helmet? o_O
hey man thanx alot , i plan on finishing the underside of the visor sometime soon ,i found some foam tennis visors at the dollar store that i cut out to make the details , because they were the perfect size...but they were brightly colored and my friends 2 yr old thought they would be a good toy when i wasn't looking..i still have a few left but im lagging on getting it done
edit...so here is some stuff i did messing around with the size testers...im having a hard time figuring out if the forearm is to big or the bicep is too small..plus i have skinny white boy syndrome and every thing looks big on me
vlcsnap-2224658.png

vlcsnap-2224830.png

vlcsnap-2225365.png

Shoulder size looks pretty close to right on. The forearm on the other hand, may be a tad bit on the large size. Just my opinion. :rolleyes

the forearm 'should' go from your wrist up to your elbow, but not extend past your elbow. Enough padding and it should fit just fine. Up to you, it looks ok if you want to just go with it.

As for the Bicep, can't see it close enough. Bear in mind that you do not want it fitting very tight at the pep stage as you will lose around 2 cm when its finished... If its loose fitting it should be just fine, depends on what underarmor you are planning though. If its just Under Armor brand black.... its practically like not wearing anything...

yeah i think im gonna shave off about an inch on the forearm and maybe add one inch on the bicep.just to be safe side i'll make another size tester............ for the other arm so i can do a comparison ....i wish i could do something about having to use my pos web cam for pics...but im still waiting on canon to send me the shipping slips through ups so they can fix my camera...(turns out it wasn't refurbished, just recalled so i get it fixed for free still and they're taking care of my shipping, regardless of having a receipt or a warranty!!!) as for under armor i don't really plan on wearing any thing too thick just cause i don't want things to look too big for a guy my height ...i've seen some folks on here that that bulk it up and it ends up looking a lil off... mks81 , spartan1803 and sir blood , thanx for the feedback guys , all your opinions are greatly appreciated

whats up all so i got some paints and went to town on this helmet .....it was still looking too new
vlcsnap-393330.png

vlcsnap-393592.png

vlcsnap-393849.png

vlcsnap-394151.png

vlcsnap-394561.png

the silver wasnt showing up to well against the white so i went with black paint on a sponge to give it the "charred" look...i think it turned out..i only did one side so far just so i could have a comparison...i'll finish the rest when i get off work today.....because alas..its been to cold to work on any thing else lately

edit: heres a sneak peek at my next lil project.....guess where this lil mp4 player is going?
vlcsnap-417257.png

so my canon digi cam decided it would work for a few minutes , so here are some of those hi res shots that i haven't been able to post so heres a handful of chest and helmet details for ya'
battledamage007.jpg

battledamage006.jpg

battledamage005.jpg

battledamage010.jpg

battledamage012.jpg

battledamage013.jpg

battledamage014.jpg

battledamage.jpg

battledamage008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back