2Nd Times A Charm? My Mrk 6 In The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i been busy with work and my band recently but have come across some time to get some more work done on my armor......and ive decided to go the cb route , so thanx to bevbor for thinking this up and for the few other people who tried it out and inspiring me to go this route.so far i have bicep and the forearm templates printed , cut out and ready to to put on cb ( cb that i will get from work tomorrow) , so within the next few days between work and band practice i'll have more to share..
vlcsnap-881982.png

the fore arm came out too small , i ended up using the wrong measurement so i stopped the fore arm part way through , but im thinking that i might just use card stock instead of cardboard(in some crazy hybrid thing with some cb) , 1 because its kinduv a pain to cut (but the detail is nice) and 2 because , well , they feel a lil bulky..i wasnt gonna post a pic till i had one done but heres where i left off....just needs to be like an inch longer
[attachment=8846:vlcsnap_503193.png]

bugger! i might go with 2 inches if i were you, just to be sure. aside from that, it looked really well put together!

ok so i scaled about an inch .(lil more) and viola i have a perfect size left forearm....if it looks familiar its the cb template that bevbor made , i just tweeked a lil and added tabs on all the edges...i missed a few edges but nothing a lil scrap paper wont fix for now , till i add them in the next version...my plan is to use cb as a back to the recessed spots so they still have thickness but isnt as thick as cb on the whole arm. and all i should need to do is add a another layer of cb over the top for the outer detail. any ways if any one wants to the file the way i tweeked it let me know...(not to steal any ones thunder) but i think this is a lil easier than the cb template (only because you dont have to cut out actual cb)

hahahaaha i'm loving the message you left for us on the inside of your arm piece ! lol it made me laugh out lout =D. and yeah i see what you mean about the size. it looks pretty much perfect. \m/ :D \m/

do what i can , just got this done a minute ago , and it looks right to me
IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

finding the right size has been the hardest part , next , duplicating it on the other side

so i started the bicep the other day and i dont really know what i've done here , but i see it working out in the long run ,this was alot easier to put together and i think the details on it will stand out more when its all painted and done with
IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

i've also been working on making my computer a beast (i have too much free time) i know its not the fastest comp out there but now it looks like its hualing ass around my desk!
IMG_1855.jpg

I think the arm pieces look great. Just one thing I noticed:

The are the right size, but the upper one is like 0.8 inches too high. (my opinion)

Other than that:

awesome ^^

so in the midst of all my other things that i have going on right now , i decided to start up my odst helmet , i'll finish putting the back of it tomorrow after work, just thought i would share this with you guys
vlcsnap-224490.png

as a side note , my glue gun is on loan so this is "spot "glued , i had a candle and glue sticks , you can guess how i did it but so far only a few hours into it

Everything looks like it's coming along well....and dude, I had that Maiden "album" on vinyl back in the '80's!!

thanx guys this is th ODdeST helmet i have ever made , muahahah! (couldnt resist) found this lil thingie on line a minute ago , http://www.misterart.com/g8873/Smooth-On-S...p;WT.mc_id=8873 , just some smaller bottles of smooth on for $20! i think it would be enough for maybe one helmet , but im no expert. i would like to try using the plastic instead of fiberglass , so we'll see how it works here in due time

i iz rockstar! "wyld stallions!!!!"

Hey man nice work, One of those how'd I miss it topics, But there's one good thing about those and that's no waiting period... At least it was with the helmet lol, I love it. Looks pretty sweet with the black visor too. And the padding looks superb my origional thought was damn that looks like a motorcycle helmet, I then go on to read that it indeed fits like one.

I had to laugh at the construction paper helm, I had marginal success with a regular paper helm until I messed up the fiberglassing... Looks pretty from the outside no warpage at all just one ungodly fiberglass job lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back