3-D Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love this build snake helmet looks like its going to be awesome cant wait to see pics of it

hi im new here great work on Anubis_Part2 built it but way to big.just to say if anyone else builds this just messure shoulder to shoulder to get the size.just trying to work out size of anubis part 1.

any updates on any of the other stargate peps.

thanks

Thats what i feard in the first place. But once you have the size for the second part you can just apply the scale factor to the first part to make it fit.

Is anything else wrong with it? Any changes needed?

No updates on the other peps jet. Wanted to wait to see how anubis turnes out.

Whats the most wanted anyway?

Birdhead

Snakehead

Zat

Staff

Anything i missed, let me know.

My order for the most wanted stuff is;

Snakehead

Zat

Staff

Birdhead

But anything provided is of course most appreciated!

BackBONE said:
Thats what i feard in the first place. But once you have the size for the second part you can just apply the scale factor to the first part to make it fit.

Is anything else wrong with it? Any changes needed?

No updates on the other peps jet. Wanted to wait to see how anubis turnes out.

Whats the most wanted anyway?

Birdhead

Snakehead

Zat

Staff

Anything i missed, let me know.

everything else looks ok. will post pics asap.

what id like to see get done first would be

zat

staff

snakehead

birdhead

but anything you can do would be great.hope you dont mind me asking what program do you use to build 3d items.

Last edited by a moderator:
tk1055 said:
I would love a staff weapon followed by the zat and other jaffa helmets.

Okay, I threw this together this morning. It's not perfect but I think it is a good base for someone looking to make their own Jaffa Staff Weapon.

Jaffa Staff Weapon.pdo

I would recommend just peping the curved shapes and then attaching them to a dowel or a PVC pipe.

I separated the top into two halves for those who would like to articulate the head opening and I created a general interior to the head for those who would like to put some lights inside an articulated head. The base is very general. I didn't want to make the piece too difficult by adding in all the ridge details I think that can be done with bondo and some sculpting.

Let me know what you think. And if you build it just send me some pictures.

Peace,

Good start on the staff, main thing I see that is not accurate is the staff tail. It is supposed to be more like a spoon, inverted on one side and protruding on the other. Yet like you said, this is a great starting point to build a custom one.

ureeka said:
Good start on the staff, main thing I see that is not accurate is the staff tail. It is supposed to be more like a spoon, inverted on one side and protruding on the other. Yet like you said, this is a great starting point to build a custom one.

Yeah the reference pics I have show the base this way.

I only have one side for reference but I have seen at least four different variations of the staff. Here is one similar to what you are talking about.

full-image.htm

The staffs went through several redesigns each season. And they even have different version depending on which Goa'uld they fight for. I think it is really a piece that is open to a lot of interpretation.

chwbcc said:
Okay, I threw this together this morning. It's not perfect but I think it is a good base for someone looking to make their own Jaffa Staff Weapon.

Jaffa Staff Weapon.pdo

I would recommend just peping the curved shapes and then attaching them to a dowel or a PVC pipe.

I separated the top into two halves for those who would like to articulate the head opening and I created a general interior to the head for those who would like to put some lights inside an articulated head. The base is very general. I didn't want to make the piece too difficult by adding in all the ridge details I think that can be done with bondo and some sculpting.

Let me know what you think. And if you build it just send me some pictures.

Peace,

Hi, good to have some help here!

I looked at your staff-model and find it a little messy. If its alright with you i will upload a cleaned up version. Removed all unnecessary triangles.

Might be a lot easier to unfold. It could be a good base for the other staff-types as well.

BackBONE said:
Hi, good to have some help here!

I looked at your staff-model and find it a little messy. If its alright with you i will upload a cleaned up version. Removed all unnecessary triangles.

Might be a lot easier to unfold. It could be a good base for the other staff-types as well.

Cool thanks, I only put it in Pepakura to create the .pdo I'm not that good at cleaning up these Peps just yet so any help is awesome.

chwbcc said:
Cool thanks, I only put it in Pepakura to create the .pdo I'm not that good at cleaning up these Peps just yet so any help is awesome.

good. I already split the model up in parts, witch makes it easier to unfold and build in the end.

Unfolding the bottom part right now.

Edit:

Done unfolding the bottom. No pictures this time, download links as usual for A4 and Letter.

Staff1_bottom_A4_alpha0

Staff1_bottom_LTR_alpha0

have fun!

ureeka said:
What is this staff scaled at? Because the length is supposed to be like 9 feet.

I didn't use any scaling methods in Maya but was using the prop reference pics off Londonprops.com for the proportions. I don't recall these being 9'. Maybe 6 or 7 feet.

Ureeka cool ref pics.

ureeka said:
What is this staff scaled at? Because the length is supposed to be like 9 feet.

I found this picture in another forum:

staffweapon-00.jpg

and was assuming a height of 2 meters.

Do you have informations of the actual staff-props they used in the movie?

Not an official source but this is a start:

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Staff_Weapon

Height: 2m Diameter: 25mm Mass: 4.5kg Range: Can be fired accurately up to 40m, with blast causing thermal shock and first or second degree burns. Less precise within maximum range of 70m where minor burns and injuries can be received.

Also Chris Judge is 6'2" so you can probably good references to help based on his height as well.

dkaneil said:
My order for the most wanted stuff is;

Snakehead

Zat

Staff

Birdhead

But anything provided is of course most appreciated!

this order sounds good to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back