3 Full Sets of armor before Halo 4 Release (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre

Jr Member
Hello all, Myself and two other members from this infamous website (Peyote & Shadowslayer-S95) Are working hard as of 2 weeks ago attempting to make 3 full suits of halo reach armor, Myself and Shadowslayer-S95, have done pepakura armor before in the past and have lost interest before, but this time we said "Never give up, Never surrender"

I will be making pretty much a standard set of reach armor other then the helmet, which will be the Mark V (Not the Mark V(B))

Shadowslayer-S95 Is working on a full EOD Setup

As for Peyote, He is going for a "Sniper look" so he picked up Jun's helmet, and is going to use normal armor for the rest.

Check out the chest plate I've gotten fiber glassed and bondoed.
419412_445107565530843_1154594591_n.jpg

Thanks for Stopping by!

There, Officially our first picture has been uploaded, and advice on the meager little details?

Um.. A few things.
1. Did you resin that? Because if you did, you need to put A LOT more on.
2. Why didn't you finish pepping the chest before moving on to the glassing stage?
3. Try to support the pieces you're glassing, otherwise they'll warp.

I agree with the points NayrDeathExperience mentioned. I understand that halloween is coming up, but rushing is the absolute WORST thing you can do. I'm a little guilty of it myself, but it is possible to work quickly and still make a quality set of armor.

I don't wanna sound rude or anything, but it does look like you're rushing. For future reference (if you haven't finished peeping the torso already), complete the entire pep before moving on to ANY sort of strengthening. I promise you'll be much happier and prouder of the final results

Hi! First off thanks for the comments, its nice to see people willing to share there advice!

So down to business, i do you have the entire chest part pep out, I decided to split the chest in the back pieces into 2 separate pieces while fiberglassing to get a better glassig job and to keep the bends the same directions so it would fit better.

I have about a quarter inch plus of fiberglass in the center of the chest and up the other parts that need to be strong, this was 2 days ago and I will take more results pictures when I get home.

As for peping, I have my chest and one shin finished.
Shadowslayer has his helmet and cod piece.
Peyote has his thigh and gauntlet.

Anybody got have any idea for a good place to get a black visor?

lol looks like we have the same goal. I wish you luck, but remind you (as others have) not to rush. My first set...well I rushed and it was a bad move. Schedule your time wisely, while one piece is drying (be if from Resin or bondo) work on another to make good use of time (It's what I'm doing, and it's helping me improve my time a lot).
looks pretty good so far, and again I wish you luck.

Hi! First off thanks for the comments, its nice to see people willing to share there advice!

So down to business, i do you have the entire chest part pep out, I decided to split the chest in the back pieces into 2 separate pieces while fiberglassing to get a better glassig job and to keep the bends the same directions so it would fit better.

I have about a quarter inch plus of fiberglass in the center of the chest and up the other parts that need to be strong, this was 2 days ago and I will take more results pictures when I get home.

As for peping, I have my chest and one shin finished.
Shadowslayer has his helmet and cod piece.
Peyote has his thigh and gauntlet.

Anybody got have any idea for a good place to get a black visor?

Alright, well best of luck to you. And remember, any mistakes can be fixed with Bondo! :D

thanks for the inspiration guys! I haven't bondoed the flaps that go around you body at the bottom yet, but thats because i'm waiting so i can see where to assemble it.I will post a picture up around noon today, thanks again!

Update! I will edit this post later tonight when i get more pictures but for now, here is the chest plate:
46524_445535552154711_950715638_n.jpg

As you can see, still needs work on the areas the go around the side, but that shall hopefully be done tonight!

More pictures soon Fella's and Lady Fella's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back