300 Greek Spartan Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1swimmerman

hello every one i was wondering if anyone has or will make the armor of the spartans from 300 or maybe the immortals armor i dont really care but please make it!

Last edited by a moderator:
They Sell Helmets similar to the ones used in 300. you could buy one from a costume store, then get a metal disk sled suacer thingy and paint the spartan upside down v thn all you'd need to do would be to get a spear, wear a peice of cloth over your **** and get chuck norris style abs!!

monkeyfist said:
They Sell Helmets similar to the ones used in 300. you could buy one from a costume store, then get a metal disk sled suacer thingy and paint the spartan upside down v thn all you'd need to do would be to get a spear, wear a peice of cloth over your **** and get chuck norris style abs!!

thank you! but keep out the suggestive asterisks lol :p

i will for 5 billion dollars muhahahahha, but check out skips blog he just made a spartan helmet and then just get a red shield and with bondo and paint it will look good as new, or in this case battle damaged

I've been a real slacker about adding the content to this page,

http://www.tkbearcrew.com/costume2.php?costumesid=27

but I made my own helmet, shield, and spear from scratch. Although, I am a little hesitant to post more of my pics, becuase last time I posted some of my spartan gear, somebody told me I was too fat to be a Spartan...I'm 6 foot and 155 pounds..... :unsure

You can see some of the progress shots here:

http://www.tkbearcrew.com/gallery.php?level=album&id=51

Helmet was cardboard base. Shield was a 36 in saucer sled that had the interior fiberglassed for for rigidity, and the lambda built up with styrene, and the whole exterior given a coat of Bondo. Spear was pvc pipe with wood grain hand painted on. Spear point was carved out of bondo.

Cadet said:

but I made my own helmet, shield, and spear from scratch. Although, I am a little hesitant to post more of my pics, becuase last time I posted some of my spartan gear, somebody told me I was too fat to be a Spartan...I'm 6 foot and 155 pounds..... :unsure

Helmet was cardboard base. Shield was a 36 in saucer sled that had the interior fiberglassed for for rigidity, and the lambda built up with styrene, and the whole exterior given a coat of Bondo. Spear was pvc pipe with wood grain hand painted on. Spear point was carved out of bondo.

thanks i am 6 ft 155 to and that is not fat! thats under the reccomended weight!

Wombat,

The Spartans from 300 don't really have any armor on. :) Just Gauntlets, Helms, Spardos and their weapons.

For Helms, try Tim Allen over at the RPF or TDH. He does some nice casts.

Spardos and Gauntlets, try Seeker, over at the same forums. If he doesn't have any, chances he'll point you in the right direction.

There is a 300 forum, mostly made up of the Hunters from TDH, unfortunately, membership only opens it's doors once in awhile. Besides talking props, they also workout with health advice and proper weight training to get the correct Spartan look. :)

Weapons, I have my spear, can't remember where I got it from, but it was from a 300 member leaving. My sword is from Neca, looks fantastic, had a new sheath done for it though. My Spardos are being worked on now...

Hope that helps.

Stay safe,

Tim.

I made a hopolite (spartan) helmet lastyear because we were studying greece/rome and anyone who was whering a related costum got like 5 extra credit points.

It was on the super cheap though but if you need to make one in like 1/2 weeks then you could do what I did.

-made a basket weave out of posterboard big enough to fit on my head

-papermached it

-cut out he desighn

-painted it

-added a plum

P.S. I did it as my first home made costume and on the cheap so it was kind of crappy.

Here dude, I made you this for Pepakura. It's not unfolded, so maybe some nice person could do it for you. You don't have to use it, but you might want to, who knows:

spartan_shield.obj

spartanshieldpep.png

Nightshade said:
Here dude, I made you this for Pepakura. It's not unfolded, so maybe some nice person could do it for you. You don't have to use it, but you might want to, who knows:

spartan_shield.obj

spartanshieldpep.png

gee thanks unfold shouldnt be to hard i will try it myself but if anybody wants to help feel free!

you know whats harder then building ther armor? getting that body shape... my god dude id look like a punk if i wore the armor w/o the body type haha

Personally, id go with immortals, unless youre in fit shape

A 300 Spartan has nothing that difficult you couldn't make in about 2 weeks if that long. I'm talking about the helmet, gauntlets, shins, and the metal piece holding the cape. I would make it out of poster board, resin, Bondo (for details) sand and paint. And night shade has been extremly generous in make in you a pep file fo the shield. If no one unfolds it just add numbers and put it together looking at the pep designer open. Or just tape some cardstock sheets to an old trash can lip and resin it in place. Simple pieces to make but just get started on the armor and some ideas should start flowing. Good Luck on ur armor. And with that leather piece you have to wear. Just kidding, I'm saying that because my thighs are so white I would look like a albino Spartan.

Cadet said:

ya look abut right for a spartan

the way they did it in the movie was badass, but i think they overdid the muscular aspect, but that's just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back