343's armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm starting my armor and heres where I'm gonna keep track of my progress and im using Robo's pep files *so nice and easy :D *. I made the forearms a while ago, but im just now resining due to weather. So far so good ;). My helmet is a modded legendary helmet i bought off eBay. The only problem I have is that when theres flash from a camera, you can see through it. Other then that, its pretty good. Also a side note I don't have anything for under armor so I just used this black jacket I had lol. I'm also trying a different method, instead of using fiberglass im going to apply a layer of guerrilla glue along with a pre coat of resin. The glue is drying as I type this. :cool:

100_2307.jpg

100_2310.jpg

100_2317.jpg

Spartan-343 said:
Thanks! As for the helmet, I followed this tutorial: http://www.highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35940

If you do plan on doing this to your helmet, please read carefully and don't try to force the parts out lol ;)

Haha, wow, I never thought one of those could be fit onto someone's head ... but I would get another solution for the visor though, you don't want ppl seeing through it. I tried melting hot glue and applying it to the inside of the armor me and my friend are making and it's just not even close to being as strong or durable as fiberglass.

Last edited by a moderator:
danboy711 said:
Haha, wow, I never thought one of those could be fit onto someone's head ... but I would get another solution for the visor though, you don't want ppl seeing through it. I tried melting hot glue and applying it to the inside of the armor me and my friend are making and it's just not even close to being as strong or durable as fiberglass.

Hot glue should not be used for structure unless it will just be for display, it will not hold up if you wear it ;)

Oh yeah, same for Gorilla glue.

CPU64 said:
Hot glue should not be used for structure unless it will just be for display, it will not hold up if you wear it ;)

Oh yeah, same for Gorilla glue.

Yea, just found that out for the gorilla glue, but I'm just gonna mess around with this armor anyway. I just added some expanding foam and spray painted it * the paint was really thick. I'm going to try and get some bondo sometime this week. When I do, I'll update with pics. I also tried printing a Mk.V torso and chest and it came out very tiny for some reason ?_? I still resined/glassed some of the back. I'm gonna work on this all week until it's supposed to rain. As for it being a spartan, maybe but its going to be,,different :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back