3d files for ODST Parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptid9

I've been thinking about building my own ODST armor for a while. Since I am not great with cutting and molding foam, I want to print some parts like the front chest plate. Does anyone know where I can find STL files for these parts? I have no clue how to convert a pepakura file to a printable model, so any advice with that would also be appreciated.

I've been thinking about building my own ODST armor for a while. Since I am not great with cutting and molding foam, I want to print some parts like the front chest plate. Does anyone know where I can find STL files for these parts? I have no clue how to convert a pepakura file to a printable model, so any advice with that would also be appreciated.
Click on The Armory, it's at the top of the website

I should have clarified. I have looked through the armory and found the files for pepakura and cutting the parts out of foam. But I do not know how to adapt the pepakura files for 3d printing

There is some game asset .obj files that are printable but will be a bit uncomfortable without cleanup. They're definitely a good start though since they have the overall shape and scaling, just need a bit of internal cleanup to fit over your body and some surface detailing to add the items that are just added on with the textures.

I should have clarified. I have looked through the armory and found the files for pepakura and cutting the parts out of foam. But I do not know how to adapt the pepakura files for 3d printing
Yeah sorry I should have checked to see if there were STL files. I mainly use obj so I didn't notice.

There is some game asset .obj files that are printable but will be a bit uncomfortable without cleanup. They're definitely a good start though since they have the overall shape and scaling, just need a bit of internal cleanup to fit over your body and some surface detailing to add the items that are just added on with the textures.
What program could I use to clean it up? And how can I make sure that the parts are scaled to fit my body size?

What program could I use to clean it up? And how can I make sure that the parts are scaled to fit my body size?
I'm a fan of Fusion 360 for anything 3D modeling and scaling of printed parts. If you're more visual though and like to double check caliper measurements, Armorsmith is definitely something to check out.

I'm a fan of Fusion 360 for anything 3D modeling and scaling of printed parts. If you're more visual though and like to double check caliper measurements, Armorsmith is definitely something to check out.
alright thanks! I saw that a lot of people used armorsmith. Especially since I only have limited experience with Inventor and not fusion, I would prefer to use something simpler

Do you just use the obj files to get the main idea of the shape or do you use it as a template?
Obj can br converted to pdo, but I mainly just mess around and use the models for other things so I guess that could be both but pepakura is also pretty good for getting an idea of the shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back